Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Appreciation-Observation Post
Old 12-02-2019, 03:38 PM   #1
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar
 
Sanlucifer's Avatar
 
Sanlucifer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Heaven from Hell, blue skies on pain
Posts: 1,892
Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer
Thumbs up Appreciation-Observation Post

Glitchless,

I thought about making an e-mail but i am actually interested in what others have to say or think about it as well.


First of all...please, allow me please to say that i am truly happy and impress on the current state of your game. I have been MIA (missing in action) for quite some time, always checking chat and what not but probably more than 1.5 years without paying close attention to the game.

In the past 1.5 years i feel like A LOT has been done, perhaps even more than the previous 7.5 years , imo.

I love all the skills and gear additions, not a big fan of 1 new class in particular but this is not the right place to discuss that, i like the way how the game is shaping and how there really are not cookie cutter builds (no real meta), anything can be vial and give nice results provided that you use your tools the right way.

From single skills to companions it self, update after update, patch after patch, this is the way how Nodiatis was capable to consume me and kept me busy.

Currently i find my self overwhelmed by all the things that i want to do in the game, and that is such a great feeling to have again, keep it up, just add a bunch more of legendaries and things like that, dont focus too much your most precious resource (time) in balancing things too often. Having a lot of options will keep people busy to even truly test everything , so time will tell and determine the proper balances due time , most of the times.

I cant wait to see some PvP incentives or routes/modes or even a revamp of the current clans / pk system would be nice. I cant wait to have the feeling of promoting "my game" and getting "the arenas" populated.

Once again, i truly appreciate the care you are providing to your baby ( is getting old!).


Thanks,
Sanluciferr,


PD: Expect some posts of me suggesting or what not soon, as i keep playing/analyzing.
__________________

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,329
Default

Thank you for the positive feedback.

We're definitely gearing up, not down, when it comes to future game patches. The amount of work required in bringing the browser up to speed with the downloadable client is pretty immense, but we're putting in the time to do so (and not counting it toward the 4.0x total for the 2019 Most Wanted) because it allows us to unify all the client code for a very important end goal: to make patching the game in the future cleaner and more efficient.

If we did not have big plans for the future, we would simply continue to tell players to use the downloadable client if they want full features and just deal with the extra time required for each and every patch as it currently stands. However, we are preparing instead for many, many years of big and meaningful patches to come. 2019 will turn out to a good but not great year for additions: spectating, tournament, coming PvP incentives and coming LG classes. Siegecraft is coming 2020, and it is essential that we finish our client unification to make coding such a big addition feasible.

We also have plans to resume advertising with experimental platforms. The days of cost-effective banner ads for niche RPGs are gone, but there's some cheesy new ad stuff that can be done that might pan out.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2019, 12:06 AM   #3
Tsutsu
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Tsutsu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We also have plans to resume advertising with experimental platforms. The days of cost-effective banner ads for niche RPGs are gone, but there's some cheesy new ad stuff that can be done that might pan out.
on-topic - I agree it's nice having an active dev again.

slightly on-topic... please tell me you're talking about those amazing mobile game ads. I would crack up if people came here expecting a puzzle game or something similar.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2019, 05:25 AM   #4
Lakki
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Lakki's Avatar
 
Lakki is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arizona or anywhere sandy!
Posts: 295
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Thank you for the positive feedback.

We're definitely gearing up, not down, when it comes to future game patches. The amount of work required in bringing the browser up to speed with the downloadable client is pretty immense, but we're putting in the time to do so (and not counting it toward the 4.0x total for the 2019 Most Wanted) because it allows us to unify all the client code for a very important end goal: to make patching the game in the future cleaner and more efficient.

If we did not have big plans for the future, we would simply continue to tell players to use the downloadable client if they want full features and just deal with the extra time required for each and every patch as it currently stands. However, we are preparing instead for many, many years of big and meaningful patches to come. 2019 will turn out to a good but not great year for additions: spectating, tournament, coming PvP incentives and coming LG classes. Siegecraft is coming 2020, and it is essential that we finish our client unification to make coding such a big addition feasible.

We also have plans to resume advertising with experimental platforms. The days of cost-effective banner ads for niche RPGs are gone, but there's some cheesy new ad stuff that can be done that might pan out.
lately you guys have been killing it with updates lately, I'm impressed too. I would suggest a suggestive princess ad that makes this game appear as a dress-up game xD
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
Khettry
Crab Defiler
 
Khettry's Avatar
 
Khettry is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki View Post
lately you guys have been killing it with updates lately, I'm impressed too. I would suggest a suggestive princess ad that makes this game appear as a dress-up game xD
Or an update where you can dress up the (freed) princess after you've successfully beaten the last boss (grouped or solo, heroic or not) so she appears more appealing in the towns (repeat her little messages in new outfits anytime you want to?).

Dunno, just throwing a shot in the dark at ya.
__________________
Everybody lies on the internet.





Not nice
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #6
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar
 
Sanlucifer's Avatar
 
Sanlucifer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Heaven from Hell, blue skies on pain
Posts: 1,892
Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Thank you for the positive feedback.

We're definitely gearing up, not down, when it comes to future game patches. The amount of work required in bringing the browser up to speed with the downloadable client is pretty immense, but we're putting in the time to do so (and not counting it toward the 4.0x total for the 2019 Most Wanted) because it allows us to unify all the client code for a very important end goal: to make patching the game in the future cleaner and more efficient.

If we did not have big plans for the future, we would simply continue to tell players to use the downloadable client if they want full features and just deal with the extra time required for each and every patch as it currently stands. However, we are preparing instead for many, many years of big and meaningful patches to come. 2019 will turn out to a good but not great year for additions: spectating, tournament, coming PvP incentives and coming LG classes. Siegecraft is coming 2020, and it is essential that we finish our client unification to make coding such a big addition feasible.

We also have plans to resume advertising with experimental platforms. The days of cost-effective banner ads for niche RPGs are gone, but there's some cheesy new ad stuff that can be done that might pan out.
Thank you, I appreciate the info provided!

Sounds like the priorities are in the right order in my opinion, once you get to "compile" all in one, everything will just be faster and better.

In regards of advertising, its a huge science of trial and error. I always been into the advertising/gaming and i can honestly tell you that one of your best bets is to have some kind of streamers team + content creator affiliations if you know what i mean.

But before expanding or looking ahead, its important to fortify and solidify the foundation ( which u r doing) and analyze what could be an issue and what not ( if you get a lot of influx, everything will be rdy to handle it? what could fail, etc)

Just my 2cents!
__________________

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #7
flipynifty
Epic Scholar
 
flipynifty's Avatar
 
flipynifty is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,419
Send a message via MSN to flipynifty
Default

Thanks team Glitch. Ive always appreciated what you guys do and lately you've been pouring a lot of blood sweat and tears in. its pretty op.

you all earned a sammich
__________________


omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM
Boards live since 05-21-2008


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.