Go Back   Nodiatis & Race War Kingdoms Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #21
God Stomper
Gem Pouch Expert

I think the main issue is that you paid $3,000 for a computer that utilizes the same basic hardware components as a $1,000 pc that has 1) right-click 2) more compatibility

Old 04-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #22
Darkanimus
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Stomper View Post
I think the main issue is that you paid $3,000 for a computer that utilizes the same basic hardware components as a $1,000 pc that has 1) right-click 2) more compatibility
no right click in Mac!!
damn... do such uneducated people still exist?

any ways, for all Mac OS Snow Leopard users, here is a fast and easy fix for your Nod problems:

Installing Java 1.4.2 and/or Java 1.5 on snow Leopard:

The following is based on a blog post:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...00123192950640

1. Download the official Java package from Apple: Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 4, dated June 15, 2009.
2. Use the excellent shareware utility "Pacifist" to open the downloaded JavaForMacOSX10.5Update4.pkg file.
3. First use Finder to go to System » Library » Frameworks » JavaVM.framework » Versions and delete the two aliases (symlinks) 1.5 and 1.5.0. Don’t skip this step, because otherwise the extraction will follow the symlinks and overwrite the contents of the 1.6.0 folder, oops!
4. In Pacifist, drill down into Contents » System » Library » Frameworks » JavaVM.framework » Versions.
5. In Pacifist, select 1.5 and 1.5.0, Control-click on the selection, and chose Install to Default Location from the pop-up menu.
6. go to Java Preferences utility located in /Applications/Utilities. drag and drop to rearrange the order of Java versions as follow from the top:
J2SE 1.4.2 (32bit), J2SE 5.0 (64bit), J2SE 5.0 (32bit), Java SE 6 (64bit) and Java SE 6 (32bit).
7. In the instructions above, the same applies for version 1.4.2.

you can use 1.5 or 1.4.2, both will work just fine. once you do it, Nod will work just like before

Last edited by Darkanimus; 04-10-2010 at 02:41 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #23
sherman

You could always dual-boot with windows xp, vista, or 7.

If you wanna pay for an overpriced piece of hardware designed for editing and designing, why not pay for some cheap OS like windows?

Old 04-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #24
Darkanimus
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
You could always dual-boot with windows xp, vista, or 7.

If you wanna pay for an overpriced piece of hardware designed for editing and designing, why not pay for some cheap OS like windows?
if you have a fancy car, would you put cheep gas in it?
or if you have a very nice house, would you buy crappy furniture for it?
or... you got the point

beside, someone said, in this very post, and i quote "all the crap Windows gets". even though "he' prefers it over any Mac's OP for any thing other than media editing, there must be a reason for "all the crap Windows gets"!

(no offense here, am just joking )

Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #25
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkanimus View Post
or... you got the point
this difference here is a fancy car is worth having while a mac is a worthless overpriced pos
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #26
Music

Darkanimus, I am not sure if you still having this problem, but here is what I have.

I have been gifted the latest Macintosh Macbook Air (the very thin one) a couple of months ago and it was just lying around.

Due to some problem with my other laptop i usually play nodiatis on, I tried this new Macintosh thingy.

It doesnt have much software inside, i dont even think it has an Office thing, but it opened Nodi without any problems, it shows a java cup at first and then logged in and i played it fairly okay!

For right clicking in Mac (I was told by my fellow clanmembers) you can either use SHIFT+ click, or CTRL+CLICK, or COMMAND+CLICK...

Also there is an option in the nodiatis menu for single button mouse. It does help much!

I could try and help you comparing my laptop settings to yours.... but i got no idea where to look - so if you want - you can message me or post here and i will see what i can do..

kk~

Old 04-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #27
God Stomper
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
no right click in Mac!!
damn... do such uneducated people still exist?
Uneducated? Just for giggles, I searched for a two-button mouse for a Mac and couldn't find a single Mac that came with a two-button mouse. So I went ahead and did some more research and found that there are some available, but they're few and far between.
So if you want a Mac with duel-button functionality, you have to spend extra money on a mouse or you have to go ahead and use the "simpler" version and hold buttons on your keyboard while clicking. Macs make things so much easier. Instead of using one hand for an alternate menu, you get to use two! Add in the fact the program compatibility issues, and you have a very user-friendly computer that costs 3 times as much! But, hey, at least you don't have to worry about viruses. Of course, with all the money you save buying a PC, you can afford anti-virus software.
Then again, I haven't had anti-virus software on any of my computers in over ten years and have never gotten a virus. I don't need a computer to tell me not to open malicious software. On top of that, I have a pc that runs Linux, so I don't have to worry about viruses on there at all. Oh, and it's free.

Quote:
or... you got the point
And why exactly do you think a Mac is so fancy?

Old 04-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #28
Darkanimus
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Stomper View Post
Uneducated? Just for giggles, I searched for a two-button mouse for a Mac and couldn't find a single Mac that came with a two-button mouse. So I went ahead and did some more research and found that there are some available, but they're few and far between.
So if you want a Mac with duel-button functionality, you have to spend extra money on a mouse or you have to go ahead and use the "simpler" version and hold buttons on your keyboard while clicking. Macs make things so much easier. Instead of using one hand for an alternate menu, you get to use two! Add in the fact the program compatibility issues, and you have a very user-friendly computer that costs 3 times as much! But, hey, at least you don't have to worry about viruses. Of course, with all the money you save buying a PC, you can afford anti-virus software.
Then again, I haven't had anti-virus software on any of my computers in over ten years and have never gotten a virus. I don't need a computer to tell me not to open malicious software. On top of that, I have a pc that runs Linux, so I don't have to worry about viruses on there at all. Oh, and it's free.

And why exactly do you think a Mac is so fancy?
How to Right Click on a Mac - wikiHow

How to Right-Click in Mac OS X | Macinstruct

i can bring you more links to show you how to right-click on macs using ONLY ONE HAND!

Old 04-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #29
Smirnoff

Useful thread ftw. I've also had problems with loading Nod on my macbook so I'll give the tips a whirl when I get back to university.

Quote:

i can bring you more links to show you how to right-click on macs using ONLY ONE HAND!
Pwnt. If you're going to slate, at least make sure the arguement you present is airtight Godstomper

Old 04-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #30
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:

beautiful debate technique avoid everything else that is true in the post and focus on the 1 false thing beautiful
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 04-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #31
God Stomper
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Useful thread ftw. I've also had problems with loading Nod on my macbook so I'll give the tips a whirl when I get back to university.

Pwnt. If you're going to slate, at least make sure the arguement you present is airtight Godstomper
You're right. I didn't see those tips. It's obviously very simple to go in and have to reconfigure how your mouse works. I guess I have been totally pwnt. Paying 2-3 times more for a computer that requires further configuration to adhere to one of the most standard features of computers in the past 15 years just screams "fancy" to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson View Post
beautiful debate technique avoid everything else that is true in the post and focus on the 1 false thing beautiful
lol I also noticed that.

Old 04-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #32
Darkanimus
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson View Post
what are you talking about? am so damn sure that you never worked with a Mac before. otherwise you will know that the right-click exist a long, long time ago!
huh, you see the Mac mouse and you say "daah... there's only one batten... so... daah... there's is only a left-click!" now that is a SAD debate technique

Old 04-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #33
thatperson
Epic Scholar

DAMN UR THICK my point in that post was u corrected him assuring that there is a right click without addressing any of the other points about macs he made in the post

3x the cost
compatibility issues
sure they cant get virus' but a PC on linux wont either and linux is free
and a few others i dont feel like spelling out

(also my best friend irl has a mac book pro and i know it has a right click theres also several other features to the mouse pad that are completely worthless he paid 4k for his laptop i paid 800 for mine his has roughly twice the performance)
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 04-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #34
sherman

Old 04-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #35
Smirnoff

i have both a w7 laptop and a mac i'm going to go away and fap to sherman's sig now.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #36
God Stomper
Gem Pouch Expert

I would also like to point out that I don't hate Macs. I hate their marketing. I hate their price. I hate that they're virtually not upgradable. And I hate that most Mac users I've talked to have a pompous attitude, thinking that they're computer is far superior to mine, because it's a Mac, when in reality it's comparable or less. Macs lost their edge when they started using Intel. Their basic framework is now the same as PC, except they use a different OS. And it's not a great OS at that. Granted, for ease of use, it's better than Linux; however, $2000 can buy a lot of Linux courses (assuming you're too lazy to use google).

Old 04-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #37
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Don't use Mac.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:33 AM   #38
Glitchless
Administrator

We made some changes to the recent client that might allow the game to work with the latest version of Snow Leopard but we do not have any test platforms at our disposal. Let us know if you are a mac user and have any luck.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:05 AM   #39
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We made some changes to the recent client that might allow the game to work with the latest version of Snow Leopard but we do not have any test platforms at our disposal. Let us know if you are a mac user and have any luck.
AWESOME GLITCHLESS DOESNT HAVE MAC'S

i have a new found respect for the company
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%

Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #40
Darkanimus
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Nod is still not working with Java 1.6.
but Java 1.5.0 is working like before with the addition of the "West Coast Graphic Server" check box.

thanks any way, at least your trying.