Nodiatis FAQ
Old 11-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Glitchless
Administrator

Default Nodiatis FAQ

Please post your own questions (add answers if you know them) and we will add them to this newly forming FAQ.

What do I do? Somebody help me!
Follow the instructions of the tutorial. It is very short and will give you an idea of how to buy items, equip them, get quests, fight creatures, loot items (you can click the word "LOOT" to make it faster), and use trophies for skill advancement. If you skipped through the tutorial too fast the first time make another character and pay attention this time.

How do I clear my "cache" ?
Clearing your browser's cache can sometimes be necessary to force it to re-download game data that has been stored incorrectly.

For the HTML 5 client (default):
http://help.ea.com/en/article/cleari...rowsers-cache/

For the Java client:
https://www.java.com/en/download/hel...ntrolpanel.xml <- Open Java Control Panel
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml <- Use it to clear cache

What are the rules?
The rules are simple and straightforward and boil down to "don't be a jerk." You can read them here:
http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548

What class is most powerful? What should I be?
All the classes in Nodiatis have the potential to be very powerful in combat, however, you should play the one you most enjoy. Casters are difficult to play especially at first, however, with time they can become extremely powerful.

I am getting blocked because of my school/work filters. Is there a way around them?
You can try to connect directly via our IP addresses using a special port:
https://208.100.40.128:444/index.htm
https://208.100.40.129:444/index.htm
but your browser (and the filter you are trying to bypass) won't be able to verify the site identity, requiring you to go to advanced options and continue regardless.

Can I have multiple characters?
Yes. And not only can have multiple characters but you can play them together if you are really hardcore. Read more here: http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382

What's Nodiatis all about anyways?
The Nodiatis storyline can be round here: http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312

What is a time card?
Time cards can be purchased for $5 each and used to get game upgrades. Currently all time cards purchased are fully tradeable.

How Do I Delete My Character?
You cannot delete a character in Nodiatis, however, you start from scratch again by using the reroll method. For details read this thread: http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797

Does this gem/ability stack with that other one?
Unless otherwise stated in the effect description, EVERYTHING should stack except for aura effects of the same type. If a gem doesn't have aura in the name then it is not an aura. All damage over time gems stack because they are not auras. This includes Damage Over Time (DoT) gems which you can cast repeatedly to build up damage.

Traveling Takes Forever, Help!
If you find a great hunting spot and your bags are full use gate potions to return to the last town you were at, then use recall potions to return to the last place you gated from.

How can I buy upgrades? Do I have to?
Players can buy account upgrades by clicking the $ icon on the bottom of their screen next to the rested time meters. In order to protect the game economy against mass free account farming we only allow paid accounts to actively trade with other characters, but you could play the entire game through to the hardest creatures without ever paying anything if you really wanted to. You can even buy all the game upgrades without spending a dime by buying time cards from other players.

How can I receive alerts about the game on my phone?
Get the Glitchless Notifier App, currently available for Android.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hless.Notifier

How can I see what quests I'm currently doing?
Simply move your mouse cursor over your accomplishments window icon on the lower right of your screen and read the mouseover window to view your current quests.

How do I get accomplishments?
The vast majority of accomplishments are resource skill oriented. Every time you manage to harvest a new type of item by playing the resource skill minigames you will gain a new accomplishment.

How come it says I'm too heavy to move or even gate?
The maximum weight you can still move/gate with while encumbered is 3 times your total decumberance weight.

How do I (un)ignore someone?
Type /ignore username or right-click on their player icon, and toggle ignore. Type /clearignore to remove all ignores.

How do I level up?
Every time you gain 4 skills (out of Melee, Magic, Defense, and/or Recovery) in the Stats tab, you will gain a level. Leveling Class Enhancement or other Stats skills will not count towards your next level. When you understand the leveling process better you may wish to disable auto stat cycling under account options or the game will continue to alternate between melee, magic, defense, and recovery stat skills.

What is shared bliss?
If someone makes a purchase with real money, everyone online receives 1 gold for each $1 US the player spends unless they have disabled shared bliss altogether under account options. Note, players on your ignore list never benefit from your blisses - but blissing may make them realize they are on your ignore list so turn off bliss if that bothers you.

Where do I use spirit trophies?
In the altars inside the church where the seer is in each town. You can also use both combat and spirit trophies on the Altar of the Beast outside.

What is the maximum number of group members?
Three. Nodiatis is geared toward small groups of friends, not huge raids.

What is solo/acumen group?
It's when you are grouped with another player (or two) but don't fight in the same battles. This is so you can take advantage of the Group Acumen learning skill (click on the Learning tag in the skills window to see its description). The other group member can be any level in any area doing anything for you to get the benefit.

What is dismantling?
If you dismantle an item, you receive the master recipe for the item, and a stack of resins close to the store sell value of that item.

So what do I do with a master recipe?
Assemble the ingredients listed and use a quill pen to create consumable copies of the recipe. Then, you assemble the new ingredients listed there to create the item itself.

What are resins?
Resins are how you can craft trophies. You simply use an enchanting rod (bought in Stronhad or Atlimus for 600g) and place a stack of at least 1 resin in the top left hand corner only. The result will be a stack of either combat or spirit (random within limits) trophies at the value of 33.33g/1k exp, with the exception of the lower value trophies, and a weirdly priced resin or two that give slightly less exp for your gold. Resins can be bought in the General Store of each town, or from dismantling items.

What happens if I die?
If you die to a normal creature, then you will be teleported to the last town you visited, and lose rested time minutes equal to your player level. In a duel you don't lose anything except time wasted to regenerate afterwards. Dying to a PK does not result in any rested time loss but you are teleported to the last town you visited.

What are enchanting stones good for?
Enchanting stones modify your item's stats, giving and taking away an equal amount. This helps players achieve the stat ratios they desire.

I know I hate Daze, but why?
Daze causes you to attack random people, even yourself. Certain gems can cause you to be immune to daze effects.

Why can't I use the 2nd pet slot?
You need a minimum of Level 30 in Petmanship to use 2 pets.

When can I use 2 weapons?
At Level 20, you have access to a new skill called Dual Wield. Once you reach Level 20 in that skill, you can dual wield two one-handed weapons.

I have really high Cnt, but I rarely resist anything, doesn't it work?
Cnt requires skill in Sorcery, Diabolism, and/or Mind Bending to resist spells since it modifies their effect. It also prevents you from taking extreme magic damage from high level creatures caused if your Cnt is very low.

I'm fighting a creature higher level than me, but I have lots of Dex and an accurate weapon, so why do I miss all the time?
Your player level compared to enemy level is a major factor in determining your chance to hit - the higher the enemy is compared to you, the less chance you have of landing a blow/shot.

What is a hell level?
Hell levels are levels which take twice exp it would normally need to finish. They start at level 9, and are every other level ending in 9 (19, 29, etc.).

I finished my battle, but why can't I gate?
If you hover your mouse over your RT bar, you will see that you need to be at full mana/energy/HP, at least 60 seconds (20/30 for RRT/RT on acceleration) since the last time you were in combat, and not gathering resources. You need to fulfill these conditions before you can gate.

What are virtues/epics?
Epics are equipment that have better stats then they would normally at that level, and are rare drops off creatures. You can use an epic for yourself, but in order to sell/trade an epic for profit, you must purchase the virtues it needs. A lot of epics share the same requirements so if you purchase virtues for one epic, then you may not need to if you find/buy another one. Virtues cost $4.99 USD or 1 timecard each, and there are a total 30 of them. As well as allowing you to sell epics, virtues give your character an additional 3.33% exp gain in all areas, which means that with all 30 virtues you will level at twice the normal rate. You can purchase virtues either by right-clicking an epic you find, or one that is in your trade window (trade doesn't have to go through). You can also buy them all at once with the virtue pack.

How do I get rid of the <SB> soulbound effect?
The only way to do that is to sell the item to a store and then buy it back.

Where do I find gear to access certain areas?
Travel gear is dropped off of bosses or bought in the general store of towns.

How do I get more gem slots in my pouch?
You start off with 5 gem slots, and after you reach level 5, then you will gain an additional pouch slot each time you gain a level, until you reach level 50, and therefore 50 pouch slots.

Why can't I hear sounds?
http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10766
If that doesn't help, report the problem on the forums.

How can I change the background color?
To change your background color you need to add the color to the end of the URL, example for red:
http://www.nodiatis.com/index.htm?AA0000
View more hex colors here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors

How do I recover a lost account?
or
How do I contact Glitchless and get help?
E-mail help@nodiatis.com for assistance with your account or purchases made for your account. For game mechanics questions (i.e. Why can't I kill the fisherman naked?) you must use the forums, however.

General Mouse/Touchscreen Shortcuts
  • Click the loot word above creature inventory to loot all
  • Click a stack of items twice to select entire stack
  • Shift + left click to select entire stack
  • Command + left click to simulate right click (MAC)
  • Touch and hold to simulate a right click
  • Control + left click to select X amount of items
  • See http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17488 for into on the icons that appear on the sides of your window while playing on a touchscreen device.
Gem Shortcuts
  • Shift + left click a gem slot to activate auto casting
  • Right click gem in play to remove from play
  • Hold alt or control while pressing gem hotkey to remove from play
Keyboard Shortcuts
Most of the following chat commands can be abbreviated by only typing part of the command - often just the very first letter such as /t Jerry Hi Jerry!
  • /arsenic - poison yourself during PvP combat to get it over with
  • /convert - converts your standard account time to 1/3rd as much premium time.
  • /message or /tell - used for private messaging
  • /civil or /shout - used to speak in civil chat
  • /uncivil - used to speak in uncivil chat
  • /buddy or /friend - used to add buddies
  • /debug - used to turn on debug mode where you can get more info in your sun console to help us debug client issues. Keeping it on otherwise is not recommended and can hurt performance.
  • /filter - used to toggle dirty words filter
  • /group - used to speak to the people in your group
  • /clan1 or /c1 or /1 - used to speak to the people in your primary clan
  • /clan2 or /c2 or /2 - used to speak to the people in your secondary clan
  • /ignore - used to toggle ignoring individuals or to list your ignore list
  • /clearignore - clears your ignore list
  • /refer - used to obtain your referral link. See http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1262 for details.
  • /signature - used to obtain your referral forum signature. See http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1262 for details.
  • /afk - used to toggle AFK mode.
  • /dnd - used to toggle DND mode.
  • /inspect - used to inspect other players gear from any location or online status
  • /hotkeys - temporarily disables hotkeys, type again to enable
  • /cm1 and /cm2 - sets message clan members see upon login
  • /copybinds - copies another player's keybindings
  • /bossbait - enables temporary affinity for attracting boss mobs if they are around in your area
  • /rerollinfo - gives info about a potential reroll

Older questions that are no longer applicable:

I am getting a repeated message about memory and I use a MAC.
Increase the amount of memory java uses on your MAC using these instructions.
http://blogs.stockcharts.com/step_by...harts-mac.html

Why is it beeping when I press enter?
There is a bug in the current java build that is causing system beeps. Hopefully this will be fixed with the next java patch as we have reported the problem to Sun, however, you may wish to temporarily disable your system beep using this guide http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-system-beeps/

Old 11-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
zenga
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

You might want to re-use this topic from kellisa. She covered a lot with her faq.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Decker

does +CNT enchantments on Epic Pets increases its ability to Prevent?

I've heard Strikethrough doesn't work because ppl haven't noticed a difference, is that true?

Do Dark Knights get a bonus in PVP to their Auras and melee damage?

Old 11-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
richp

*edited for decker*

lol see his comments below. he explained it better so that the other 95% of nod now understands what he is asking.

I would like a better explaination of these questions:

- What specific effect does +STR stones have on pets?
- What specific effect does +INT stones have on pets? (if any)

for example "+STR increases a pets max damage" or "+INT does nothing for pets"

also is there a CAP to max damage? and does it decrease the higher you go?

for example going over 500 STR is no better then having 400 str....
or going from 200 str to 300 str increases max damage by 30 hitpoints. and going from 300 str to 400 str increases max damage by 15 hitpoints. maybe not exact figures but how about a percentage? or clarification if the increase from 200 str to 300 str is the same as the increase from 300 str to 400 str

Last edited by richp; 11-19-2009 at 10:52 AM..

Old 11-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
Ravenskar

Quote:
What are the rules?
The rules are simple and straightforward. You can read them here:
Nodiatis Rules and Forum Rules

Quote:
3. Don't be annoying or a jerk to other players...
Define annoying and jerk.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenskar View Post
define annoying and jerk.
LMAO =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
for deckers first question...I dont think pets take damage so CNT/AGI/DUR should do nothing.
Not interested in what you think, just the facts.

Last edited by Decker; 11-18-2009 at 12:22 PM..

Old 11-19-2009, 05:13 AM   #7
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
*edited for decker*

for deckers first question...pets dont take damage so CNT/AGI/DUR does nothing.
then let me point out, my question wasn't regarding pets getting Hit it was towards Epic Pets(thats Epic pets) Prevent ability(the Ability of Epic Pets) to get better with a +CNT enchantment.

I would see your confusion if i had said: does +CNT enchantments on Pets increases its ability to Prevent?

but what i said was: does +CNT enchantments on Epic Pets increases its ability to Prevent?

note "Epic Pets" and the reference to its "ability to Prevent". please note I'm asking about the Prevent ability on Epic Pets.
Thanks for playing.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
Lancelo

English is not my first language , but i don't see what CNT has to do with a 4% or 5% ability to prevent (from Epic Pets) :S how would you make that work, if my pet has 200+30cnt would i get X% more chances depending on my Pet CNT to prevent?

What i really would like to know because im a little confuse (i blame it on the language) What is a magic effect, those that come from Death, Psych and Life cause my magician has bonus to Blue and Red magic Effects i am guessing is just Gems Effects right?

Either my english is pretty bad or the description is kinda bad.. ( cause i assume burning is a red magic effect but i dont get any bonus out of it when i do Burning Soul, i know is it a "Death magic effect" but where are the red magic effects or blue? only from gems right?

Wouldn't it be easy for people that don't have English as a first language to change that description to red/blue magic gems ? or red/blue magic GEMS effects.

Last edited by Lancelo; 11-19-2009 at 07:17 PM..

Old 11-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
gailenstryker
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelo View Post
English is not my first language , but i don't see what CNT has to do with a 4% or 5% ability to prevent (from Epic Pets) :S how would you make that work, if my pet has 200+30cnt would i get X% more chances depending on my Pet CNT to prevent?
The Pet prevents not you in that scenario. CNT give your char a natural ability to resist magic effects just like the mobs.

Quote:
What i really would like to know because im a little confuse (i blame it on the language) What is a magic effect, those that come from Death, Psych and Life cause my magician has bonus to Blue and Red magic Effects i am guessing is just Gems Effects right?
Magic Effects come from gems. Consider your skills as character abilities, not effects.

Quote:
Either my english is pretty bad or the description is kinda bad.. ( cause i assume burning is a red magic effect but i dont get any bonus out of it when i do Burning Soul, i know is it a "Death magic effect" but where are the red magic effects or blue? only from gems right?
burning soul is a character ability, not effect....... and probably should be reworded.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be easy for people that don't have English as a first language to change that description to red/blue magic gems ? or red/blue magic GEMS effects.
Even people who speak english don't always understand it either. And putting "Gems" will just create more questions such as "is it DD or DoT?"....

Just remember Today's raincheck is tomorrows' Golden Shower.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

yay!!! attack of the spam bots!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
darklords
Seer's BFF

how to make nod bigger on a huge screen i cant bring my self to play it on anything but a laptop atm as my desktop is 22 inch and this is tiny on it >.<

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

How can I recover an old account?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
bringerofdeath
Neophyte

Default How can I recover an old account?

My old account I was A level 20 or something like that and had 2 virtues. I still know my account name, but i have forgoten my pass word is there any way to recover this?

Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #13
Silnaika
Neophyte

Looks great

Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #14
Silnaika
Neophyte

Anyone know how to get a new password for an account?

Old 01-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
Glitchless
Administrator

That Q/A has been added to the FAQ.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
nickopet2007
Neophyte

Quote:
What are virtues/epics?
...Virtues cost $5 USD or 1 timecard each, and there are a total 30 of them. As well as allowing you to equip and/or sell epics, virtues give your character an additional 3.33% exp gain in all areas, which means that with all 30 virtues you will level at 200% the normal rate (made exponentially higher by all those learning skills). You will also receive double tokens from arena wins if you have all 30 virtues.
Updated those bolded values and added the fact that arena tokens earned are doubled if you have all 30 virtues.

Also, shouldn't it be updated that you only need virtues if you want to trade/give away your epic?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #17
Glitchless
Administrator

It's been updated thank you.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #18
Rob
Neophyte

with the advent of new patch lvl 85 rerolling they have lg gear at level one and if they are pkers it is really unfortunate to have epic hammer that is not soul bound as the hammer is almost worth 1.5 mill and that is hard to replace Glitch should make it sb so that with all new lg pkers in nod it could be fair let me know what all think Rob

Old 03-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #19
Zan
Gem Pouch Expert

They have LGs at lvl 1 but they still have to lvl up the skill to re-equip them, just like any other toon would, so it hasn't been made any easier to be a LG geared low-lvl pk.

rerollers with lgs
Old 03-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #20
Rob
Neophyte

Default rerollers with lgs

look at Theisen he is lvl 40 pker with lg gear and weapons dont tell me about how they have to lvl up to use them redicoulous