Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

Woodcutting Bug
Old 07-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Woodcutting Bug

I chop wood a lot in N Lake, Heroic, w/ Compass. Every once in a while (probably <1% of the time), this happens:

I hit all three targets, but the game does not give me any wood. I can keep throwing my axe at nothing until the mini-game runs out of time, at which point I get the message saying "[I] failed to chop fast enough":

Any idea what would cause this? I'd probably need to record video to really show that I truly chopped all three pieces and then had to sit there for a minute ... but I don't have that. This is not the first time this has happened, and it is frustrating. I hope this is not costing me high tier resources (for instance, if i was originally supposed to pull a T29, but Heroic + Compass would've made it T31, which doesn't exist so, no wood for me?)

If it's important, I am using Google Chrome (ver. 20.0.1132.47) and have Java 7 Update 5 installed.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
marzus
Gem Pouch Expert

It got nothing to do with t31 resources.. It`s just a glitch, I got it several times too but a little bit different cuz I was waiting between 5 and 10 seconds to get out of the minigame after I hit all the logs and still got the resources, was something like a delay in my case .

Old 07-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
chloe
Seer's BFF

its most likely lag, and you lose connection, the mini game will play, but it wont load your reward.

i get this happening when i lag

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

just happened again and I was clearly not lagging. I was able to talk in chat and move items around in my inventory while staring at an axe and an empty screen

Fix this, please?

Old 07-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #5
Glitchless
Administrator

Does it happen after 3 immediate strikes or what? We need some info on what causes it if it's not just a corrupt packet.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
Flashus
Seer's BFF

this happened to me few times, i think it lag that is causing it.

http://www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus...the 1st help site for Nodiatis

Old 07-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
brow
Boss Hunter

I actually made a post about this a while back, hasn't happened to me for a bit though

Old 07-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

I'll try to pay more attention to my exact actions for when/if this happens again, but here is my best recollection:

I am fighting with three of my own toons, grouped on the same square. I finish looting and exit combat on all three.

Chrism starts woodcutting minigame and throws axe #1, most likely for a hit.

Switch over to Reroller and start foraging minigame

Switch back to Chrism and throw #2 for a hit and throw #3

Before axe #3 even hits its target I switch back to Reroller to find his plant.

Reroller finds plant and puts it ininventory and I switch back over to Chrism to put whatever wood he found in storage.

Usually Chrism is back on the world map with a piece of wood in his hands. When this bug occurs, Chrism is stuck in the minigame screen instead with nothing to do but wait or exit.

All three characters are running in separate windows (rather than separate tabs)

I don't recall if this has ever happened when I'm fighting solo (i.e. not switching back and forth between windows while resourcing). Even if it does have something to do with that, though, it is quite rare (i.e. the game almost always handles the window switching w/o a problem).

I'll post more details if I manage to catch this happening again.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
Gurnison
Gem Pouch Expert

When you switch between toons do you always click the Nod window to make it active? If you are moving fast you might not get a valid click to activate Nod.

Like for example if you start hunting, then switch toons, then go back to hunting, using space bar won't shoot, you have to click first to make Nod active then use space bar.

I don't do much wood cutting, but doesn't it work the same way? You use space bar to throw axe? It might not recognize the space bar and didn't throw the axe. Or maybe it threw the axe but didn't know where you were aiming because it didn't recognize the mouse position.

Well, something like that.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

happened again ... exactly in the manner i described above .. three shots, switching windows during the minigame(s) i was playing

edit to add ... still clearly not a lag issue. chat scrolls along fine while i sit there

Old 09-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #11
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

happened to me again today

Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

twice today now .... this second time i didnt even switch windows as I was talking to a clannie while chopping

Old 09-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
Glitchless
Administrator

Are you chopping them in very rapid succession or not?

Old 09-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

Yea, it's usually the first three axes to finish the game, and not much time spent waiting when axe pops up it gets thrown

I believe that it has happened at least once when I missed at least once and it took more than three throws, though.

Maybe something about throwing right at the beginning of the game? animation works properly and the log dissappears but the game didnt register it and there's a 'phantom log' still floating?

I've tried to keep throwing while i get stuck like this and never been able to hit something that I couldnt see, though .... but doesn't mean it would be impossible, kinda hard to hit an invisible moving target if that might be the case.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #15
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

It's been a while, but this just happened again