Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #41
ajones

Can someone please get some incriminating evidence on Jeff or Mike so we can force him to buff Agility? It would make me happy......

Old 05-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #42
ajones

Agility build ne1?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #43
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Agi is fail... watever little , well not too little ( 300+) Agi i haz left is just for looks now... but i am going to redist it all i think into Cnt... Agi is fail Atm and theyre not doing anything about it.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #44
ajones

Well there's been like 12 posts like this? How much longer do we have to wait?

Old 05-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #45
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

a year or 3??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #46
ajones

But why?

Old 05-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #47
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

All i know is.. once i change all my Agi to Cnt.. i hope this buff never comes.. i hope Cnt will one day give % chance for u to dodge attacks and parry and ****

Old 05-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #48
Glitchless
Administrator

Our recent balance trials between characters with max gear fully tempered have indicated Agi is a stat you don't want to neglect, especially if you are teamed with a healer or are vs. a group heavy in physical damage.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #49
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Soooo.. basically what you're saying is for Defensive skills to be balanced you need to be at level cap and have full tempers????!!!!! This is wrong and you know it. The reason Agi is a stat... a STAT, is because it is supposed to be important (sarcastic supposed to be). Should not be important for currently 0% and eventually probably 2-3 % TOPS of the Nodiatis population Glitchless. I am aware this is how you were thinking too, you have mentioned it before, and that is why I am getting rid of my Agi. This is just wrong.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #50
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

roguetiger you complain about everything and know virtually nothing
the sad thing about this thread is that some noobs probably read it and actually believe your bull**** whining

move your stats out of agi and shut up already if you're so sure it sucks

Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #51
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkee View Post
roguetiger you complain about everything and know virtually nothing
the sad thing about this thread is that some noobs probably read it and actually believe your bull**** whining

move your stats out of agi and shut up already if you're so sure it sucks
who the hell are u first of all??... I am at cap.. i have experimented, by redistributing w/ Dur vs Agi atleast more than a dozen times... i have tested ... HAVE YOU??? get off my ass if YOU dont know what you're talking about. Glitch pretty much confirmed that Agi is not balanced unless ur at cap w/ full tempers u tard.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #52
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Sry to be mean... it's not my style.. but lay off me unless you actually know what ur talking about

Old 06-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #53
ajones

And even more proof that Dur is King over Agi. Say i have 1k health at lvl 35 because of my Agi build. Well when I duel that ranger he uses his special and boom, 1/3 of my health gone... Agi does nothing because specials can't be dodged. If I were a dur build with 3k health, his special would only take 1/9 of my health.

Agi as viable dmg mitigation, not just at Cap
Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #54
Aneron

Default Agi as viable dmg mitigation, not just at Cap

Quote:
Our recent balance trials between characters with max gear fully tempered have indicated Agi is a stat you don't want to neglect, especially if you are teamed with a healer or are vs. a group heavy in physical damage.
Most (though surely not all) teams will have a heavy physical damage component, I agree. However, I must also agree wth the notion that testing Agi builds or components only at cap with full tempers in unrealistic. Yes, cap is an important consideration, but full tempers will be beyond the extreme in an environment where a 1000 pt arena rating is quit the accomplishment, and 2k a veritable titan. (Yes, I understand that these envelopes will get pushed by some teams, eventually, but will remain well outside of the norm). Moreover, I contend that something as fundamental as a base stat should be material throughout the life of a character, at levels all the way to and through cap -- providing real play feedback all the while.

Now, I realize that archers would benefit most from an Agi buff, and my main is a slasher, but this doesn't change the idea that character development is following a very uniform path -- backed up by extensive testing.

I am mathematically inclined, and would be happy to contribute modeling results, sensitivity analysis, etc, with anything you care to share -- in isolation (not asking for full algorithm maps) to help provide insight into what might be reasonable, possible feasible, etc. While such a thing may not fit your paradigm, the topic seems very worthwhile.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #55
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

For a long time I maintained both my AGI and CNT at 100 plus my character level. This resulted in a much lower DUR, reducing my hit points. About a week ago, I redistributed almost everything out of AGI and CNT into DUR. I darn near doubled my hit points. Yes, I do take a bit more damage from mobs, but the extra hit points more than make up for it. And the extra hit points have definitely helped with Arena combat. Perhaps at level 80 I'll wish I had those points back in AGI and CNT. Right now, I don't miss them.

TJ

Old 06-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #56
Sleepingfox
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jordan View Post
For a long time I maintained both my AGI and CNT at 100 plus my character level. This resulted in a much lower DUR, reducing my hit points. About a week ago, I redistributed almost everything out of AGI and CNT into DUR. I darn near doubled my hit points. Yes, I do take a bit more damage from mobs, but the extra hit points more than make up for it. And the extra hit points have definitely helped with Arena combat. Perhaps at level 80 I'll wish I had those points back in AGI and CNT. Right now, I don't miss them.

TJ
great point. I also want the defensive stats to be balanced (i do not want high dur, i want my hp to heal a certain amount so when i use my angel skill i cn full heal my hp

Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #57
ajones

I use a pretty much even defensive setup, 1:1:1, and i have the best stats i think I can get. My meklee is 88 and my defense is 51. (I'm a lvl 35) I have 45 suiting and 47 weps. I can barely beat ppl with high Dur in a duel. It shouldn't be like this.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #58
Makaveliarts
Boss Hunter

Perhaps instead of a AGI buff how about a DUR Nerf for lower levels?

Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #59
thatperson
Epic Scholar

no nerfs...and even so nerfing dur at lower levels would do nothing to solve the imbalance that is persistent through the whole game
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #60
ajones

I don't think a nerf for Dur would be good due to the mass panic that it would cause... Everyone would freak out. A buff for Agi, on the other hand, would only make ppl like me happi. so happi!