Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Old 05-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #21
ajones

Well I just don't know why they won't implement it... I don't thing the tempers will have the sort of buffing effect needed to actually make agility worth...... well anything...

Old 05-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #22
Akilthedestroyer
Seer's BFF

Agility is important for PvE fights ...and I've kited far less than what I did with high agi ...and PvE is more important for me than PvP. You have to choose what build are you going for PvE or PvP.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #23
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

But currently... Dur is King Pvp... and still PvE.. Agi is MORE important in PvE ... but still, not that important that the dur you spend on lacked Agi wont make up for that

Old 05-08-2010, 01:17 AM   #24
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Agility is not useless. Why do people keep saying that ? Grrrrr

(1)
everyone knows that it can increase the chance to kite or to parry

(2)
it also works by decreasing the opponent's inherent accuracy. For example:
Glitchless has said in the past that for a bow user, when:

dex of bow user = [(agi of enemy + cnt of enemy) / 2]

accuracy of bow user = 75%

In other words, by increasing your agility, you decrease your opponents accuracy.

Agility seems to have more of an indirect effect if you will:
by decreasing accuracy and by increasing the chance to parry or to kite, it gives a person a chance to avoid taking damage.

It doesn't directly reduce the damage taken.
Instead it gives an indirect route to damage reduction by decreasing the chance that you will get hit.

People love growl so much and yet they don't like agility when it is sort of doing the same thing.

Your concerns about 1 on 1 pvp being dominated by dur are somewhat valid
[well casters are an exception to the rule because they just do insane amounts of damage] and I agree. But agility does work ...

Anyone who does not believe me can try it out by fighting something that actually leaves them with an incomplete hitpoint bar. I guarantee that agility will make it so that you will get hit less often and will hence take less damage during the fight and end the fight with more hitpoints.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #25
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

this is not true... i have extensively tested tested and retested Agi vs Dur at cap, anything over 200-250 Agi does not make up for the HP you gain if you redistribute into DUr.

I used to be a big fan of Agi, and it does work in PvE to a degree but especially in PvP, even that 200-250 Agi is too much. I have offically almost given up on high Agi as a defensive strategy. In Nod there is no such thing as a build that utilizes not taking the damage as opposed to what currently dominates, being able to take more damage.

Last edited by RogueTigeR; 05-08-2010 at 01:47 AM..

Old 05-08-2010, 02:10 AM   #26
Conqueror
Rare Collector

In my last post I was talking about one amount of agi vs. another amount of agility and how the higher amount of agility will allow you to take less damage because it will reduce your opponent's accuracy and allow you to parry or kite your opponent's attacks.

I wasn't even talking about agi vs. durability. I was just saying that agility does work ... as in it does do something and it has an effect.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #27
ajones

Because that's what we're saying. That Agi does work, somewhat, but it's obvious that the effects are far more useless than the effects of Dur. It needs a buff. BIG-TIME!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #28
ajones

But back to the original question, Does anybody know a very good Agility based build that uses very little or no Durability?

Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #29
Malkaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones View Post
But back to the original question, Does anybody know a very good Agility based build that uses very little or no Durability?
No such competitive build exists. Some excellent casters might not decide to have that much Dur, but apart from boosting AC & skills there's very little you can do to create a half decent melee Agility based char.

Buff Agi to 2h'ers plz

Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #30
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

atm, a good "agi based build" for PvE(only PvE here, we know in PvP dur is king). would be a rogue(best option, pick w/e class you want) piercer/bow user with end game stats something like 120/100/80/20. Basically go a little str, tons of dex, tons of int/cnc, split defense to agi/cnt roughly evenly, and all reg for recovery. that way you have little hp, decently fast regen, and can tear through mobs with high powered offense. would have to be tested blah blah blah but it sounds good in theory. get a capped player who focuses on PvE or has done testing to tweak it and there ya go.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #31
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

I have extensively tested high agi at cap PvP and PvE... as is w/ low level tempers, you do not have enough HP for the Agi to really take effect. With high level mobs/bosses doing 400+ bloodlets and physical damage you really need to focus on Dur.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #32
ajones

So like no way possible? That's what I keep hearing. So all these capped players are telling me that agi is the redheaded stepchild... So..... No such thing as a halfway successful Agi build?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #33
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

there is no such thing as a slightly successful agi build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #34
Revanche
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Revanche Send a message via Yahoo to Revanche

Check posts made by Roguetiger over the last 6 months, he's the expert on the UP-ness of agility builds, he convinced me 2 stop my testing and switch to a heavy DUR build, i found u will live longer that way, even in pve.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #35
ajones

So... sooner or later, as Glitchless it trollin' the forums, He'll read this and finally realise that agi needs a buff and then I can find my Agi build that can match the Dur type builds? How long will that take?

Old 05-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #36
thatperson
Epic Scholar

eventually yes

nobody knows
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #37
ajones

is a plan for a buff already in the works or is it never gonna be done??

Old 05-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #38
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

id say closer to never

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #39
thatperson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Agility is not useless. Why do people keep saying that ? Grrrrr

(1)
everyone knows that it can increase the chance to kite or to parry

(2)
it also works by decreasing the opponent's inherent accuracy. For example:
Glitchless has said in the past that for a bow user, when:

dex of bow user = [(agi of enemy + cnt of enemy) / 2]

accuracy of bow user = 75%

In other words, by increasing your agility, you decrease your opponents accuracy.

Agility seems to have more of an indirect effect if you will:
by decreasing accuracy and by increasing the chance to parry or to kite, it gives a person a chance to avoid taking damage.

It doesn't directly reduce the damage taken.
Instead it gives an indirect route to damage reduction by decreasing the chance that you will get hit.

People love growl so much and yet they don't like agility when it is sort of doing the same thing.

Your concerns about 1 on 1 pvp being dominated by dur are somewhat valid
[well casters are an exception to the rule because they just do insane amounts of damage] and I agree. But agility does work ...

Anyone who does not believe me can try it out by fighting something that actually leaves them with an incomplete hitpoint bar. I guarantee that agility will make it so that you will get hit less often and will hence take less damage during the fight and end the fight with more hitpoints.
the bolded part

(cnt+agi)/2 aka cnt plays just as an important role as agi but it also cancels damage directly and allows you to avoid gems so wouldnt cnt be the wiser choice for an anti archer build here?
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #40
Ancestor

Soon

Soon
Or
Otherwise
Never