Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Agility.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
ajones

Default Agility.

I am an alcoholic and I use healing gems. This means that I want my health to be low so it takes a less amount of time to heal. Does anyone know a good agility defense build that uses very little dur? BTW, my defense is 37.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

there is no good agility defense... trust me.. ive redistributed many times at cap... most important is DUR DUR DUR

Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Phantomic

i went out all agi from lvl 1 - 20 and it did ****, turn back now and put all points into DUR

Old 05-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
ajones

I dream someday of a magical buff, perhaps making agi worth something at all.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

me 2... me 2

Old 05-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
ajones

Wasn't the temper thing supposed to like nerf dur thus making Agi more useful??

Old 05-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

no it just made dur not needed as much, but why would people get rid of extra hp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

exactly.. temper did not solve the agility problem.. all it did was add even more HP to people, which makes agility even less useful imo.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #9
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTigeR View Post
exactly.. temper did not solve the agility problem.. all it did was add even more HP to people, which makes agility even less useful imo.
What tempers did was add to the base hit point amount.

Durability (and other stats too) operate on a curve. This means that one point of durability does not always add (X) amount of hitpoints. One point of dur can add (Y) or (Z) or some other amount.

The higher you increase your durability, the lower will be the number of hitpoints you get per point of dur.

In simpler terms: 400 - 500 durability will give you a lot more hit points than 700 - 800 durability.

By increasing base hitpoints, tempers, in essence, make you reach the leveling off point of the curve sooner. In other words, because your base hitpoints are already so high, adding durability will give you a smaller increase in hitpoints than it would have done otherwise.

The thought behind it is this: since dur will make such a limited difference when base hitpoints are increased by higher level tempers, people will redistribute their defensive points to agi and cnt.

This sort of makes sense in a way. Agi and cnt do work --- with the highest level tempers in place, base hitpoints can be increased by 6k + meaning that dur will do a lot less and agi and cnt will do relatively more and will give more results.

The more hit points you have, the harder it becomes to increase your hit point total by adding more durability.

Cheers

Last edited by Conqueror; 05-07-2010 at 12:26 AM..

Old 05-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #10
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

exactly... but the thing is.. u have got to be getting way less hp for 1 pt in Dur than currently is for agility to be balanced with Dur. As is currently, the HP u gain with 100 pts of Dur (regardless of 300-400 Dur or 600-700 Dur) is more than the HP you save with misses and parries in 100 pts of Agi.

All the tempers are currently doing is giving people even more HP, which makes Agi even less effective in the long run.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:40 AM   #11
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

i agree with rogue.

yes the curve is reached sooner, but each point in dur will still give you some hp, which means people will still be using dur only.

i know people who have gone all dur, with dur enchants and have reached 12k hp BEFORE the tempers came out, which means in theory they could get their Hp to well over 15k

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #12
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Yes I agree in that right now tempers are giving people even more hit points and not really making agi and cnt more important.

But if you think long term:

Items that can be tempered are: 6 armor pieces + bow + arrow + quiver + 2 weapons = 11

80 * 7 * 11 = 6160 base hitpoints

Right now you need around 800 durability to get 10,000 hitpoints without any tempers. People with 400 durability (maybe even less) could do this with rank 7 tempers.

With that much added in base hitpoints, dur will give a lot less hitpoints per point of durability increasing the importance of agi and cnt. That in essence was the thinking behind this patch.

EDIT: I am not saying this will work or will not work. I am just saying that this is the reasoning behind this patch and it sort of makes sense in a way.

Last edited by Conqueror; 05-07-2010 at 12:44 AM..

Old 05-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #13
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

But, giving people more base HP does not change the weight of the current Agi system. All the tempers does is make Dur even that much more imporant, every last bit, because HP (and in effect Dur) is king in PvP. Almost always, more often than not, 2 players w/ relatively similar skills battle, the one w/ more HP will win.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #14
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Agility works in two ways:

(1) affects the opponent's accuracy
(2) parry and kite

With a high enough chance to parry or kite, you could take away the damage of an entire strike from your opponent with a parry or a kite.

In essence, if you just parried a 500 point hit, you added 500 hitpoints to your hitpoint bar in a way.

Now with higher level tempers (when base hitpoints are already high and each point of durability adds barely anything to the hitpoint total), a decent amount of agility might not be a bad way to add hitpoints and to outlast your opponent.

Plus, you are also decreasing your opponent's accuracy so there is a greater chance that they will miss you entirely. This will also add to your hitpoint total in a way.

Again this is all speculation: no one is currently using level 7 tempers or even mid level tempers on their entire gear as far as I know.

Last edited by Conqueror; 05-07-2010 at 01:11 AM..

Old 05-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #15
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

All I know, and i have extensively redistributed and tested the Agi/Dur ratios, is Dur is king, and no amount of Agi, past 200-250 makes up for the HP u get w/ more Dur.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #16
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

i intend on getting to 200 agi, 200 cnt and then everything else in dur.

and the only reason ill have the 200 each in the others is for pve

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-07-2010, 03:51 AM   #17
thatperson
Epic Scholar

i personallly plan on continuing my 1:2 cnt:dur plan all the way to cap ignoring agi cause as far as ive seen agi is useless (and ive tested in both PvP and PvE)
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:40 AM   #18
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

i notice a difference with agi in PvE hence why i use it.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #19
ajones

Here's what I think... Since cnt is like the same thing, with the less chance to hit, make agi the same. When struck, you will take less damage. So instead of like taking 200 dmg from a hit, you take 165, and the chance for your opponent to crit will be greatly reduced due to your lightning fast reflexes. Pair that with the less chance to hit, and you're well on your way to a better use of Agility.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #20
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

That is a great suggestion Ajones, and it has been suggested before http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/no...age+mitigation