Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Old 03-08-2010, 01:25 AM   #21
Juan Arquero

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatperson View Post
exp penalties are 10% per level (with a 0% starting when the skill is at your level) capping at 95%
Did you mean "with a 10% starting when the skill is at your level"?

I found a really simple way to prove that there is an experience penalty for a skill at the same level as your class level. Find a skill that is at the same level as the character level and put it on passive -- you'll immediately get a message saying "Warning, you will get reduced experience while training this skill because it is at or above your current level."

Old 03-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #22
thatperson
Epic Scholar

yea i meant 10% at the skill just missed the 1 button
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:36 AM   #23
Juan Arquero

Quote:
yea i meant 10% at the skill just missed the 1 button
What? You've posted twice in this thread without calling me a jackass! I must be slacking... /trollfail

Old 03-08-2010, 01:44 AM   #24
thatperson
Epic Scholar

jackass
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:46 AM   #25
Juan Arquero

Quote:
jackass

Edited to add: the first four words of my signature now link to this thread!

Last edited by Juan Arquero; 03-08-2010 at 01:52 AM..

Old 03-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #26
Tridius
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashus View Post

i feel let down considering all the time and effort that myself and others put in gathering all the information to help your Players enjoy the game. Think of all the trouble myself and Chrism went thru every new update and new items and skills and description changes. we have had to redo a lot of stuff. I for one believe Chrism who gathered information on all items and put into a list for everyone with the help of others would have loved a bit of a hand at times. especially for updates.
actually Chrism has his own site, the weapon/armor/gem progression list. Flash, Chrism and the wiki (which i only use for beastiary [which is in need of an update btw], and dps on weapons that arent in auction) gives jsut about everything you need

Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #27
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Arquero View Post
I've been playing this game for three months. I'm not in a rush to get to level 10, much less level cap. I've gotten a lot of disrespect for that attitude. I've also gotten a lot of disrespect for being an N -- that mistreatment by paid players makes me LESS likely to become paid, not more.

I often work 80+ hours per week as a taxi driver (wow -- a sarcastic taxi driver -- who would've thought that could exist), so I'm often logged-in when I'm not home and when I do actively play it can be anytime of the day or night. When I am at my keyboard, I usually spend more time checking the chat logs, than actively grinding. When I see a noob ask questions and get no response, I often send a PM to that noob. I've given helpful advice to many noobs, including a few paid players. I've seen very few paids take the time to give good advice to noobs -- TJ (Thomasjordan) is a major exception to that. Anyway, this jackass has given helpful advice to a lot of noobs who have been ignored by paid players. Among those who called me a jackass, how much time do you spend giving advice to noobs?

I've seen noobs get flamed in-game by paid players so many times that I'm sick of it, so when I can give accurate advice to a paid player who is 4+ times the level of my highest level character, I'm going to poke fun at that paid player. If that makes me a jackass, then I've got a lot of company (all the paid players who flame noobs and treat Ns like crap on a daily basis).

As for the "Edit for the mathematically-challenged," I added that because some people aren't good at math, so I wanted to give a simple example (that I've seen experienced players use in civil) that anybody could understand, even a 13 year old who doesn't like math. Maybe I should have added the following at the end:

sherman: If anybody around here deserves the title of jackass, that would be you!
lemme translate what the ppl here r trying to say to you

WE DONT CARE WHO THE FUUK YOU ARE

EAT **** AND DIE

did I put that nicely enuff for you to understand it?

Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #28
sherman

Sorry Juan, you're not the jackass I am.

I am actually funny, or slightly humorous, in my efforts at trolling.

I am the funny ***hole, you're...just an ***hole.

Because I don't feel like getting banned over you, here is the deal...imagine a picture of goatse below this text, and that will be the picture that represents your ***holeness.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #29
zoidberginc
Seer's BFF

lol sherm

this thread is stupid, and for juan, i gaurentee you that chrism knows more important stuff then you,he also knows how to get past the 9 hell which u seem to fail at.

nuff said

(jackass)

Dont mess with the Zoid, im surprisngly not that bad!

Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #30
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

Why can't we all just get along and be friends.......

Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #31
zoidberginc
Seer's BFF

*sings*

oh why cant we be friendsssssssssss OH WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

i guess its just ahrd to be friends with people you dont like at all,

Dont mess with the Zoid, im surprisngly not that bad!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #32
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migleyy View Post
Because being friends with Juan is like hugging a damn cactus.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #33
Revanche
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Revanche Send a message via Yahoo to Revanche

Quote:
because we don't want juan's fail to infect others and cause a faildemic (see Jayfkm for details).

Old 03-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #34
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

I know I got the +1 level penalty wrong... it should be 10%, not 15% (I remember doing these calculations more than a year ago and was posting from memory).

I stick by my statement that the penalty does not apply until +1 level above char level, but that's more to do with interpretation. The penalty is keyed off the level you are trying to attain in a skill, not where it is currently.

Thanks to all who jumped to my defense, though it was hardly necessary.

Juan, if this thread is truly some badge of honor for you, for "showing me up," then I pity you.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #35
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

FYI, you're both correct(with the first penalty being 10%), it's all a matter of perspective. When your character is lvl X, and you have a skill that is at lvl X, you are actually working on skill lvl X+1, which has the 10% penalty. Some ppl see that lvl as the one that is equal to your lvl, Chrism and myself however see it as the lvl above your current lvl. Whichever way you see it, that's the level that starts the 10% penalty. It then continues 10% per lvl maxing @ 95%. Kapish?

Old 03-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #36
Tact

As a fellow N, I support Juan. Stick it to those paid know-it-all's! RAWR!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #37
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tact View Post
As a fellow N, I support Juan. Stick it to those paid know-it-all's! RAWR!!!
Right, your thought process is astounding.

I hope you do realize that without paid accounts, you could never get a TC without spending 5 dollars.

Paids are able to auction/trade.

Ns can buy TCs from the AH/receive TCs in trade while being able to trade something in return as long as the AH is in the offer.

So, to reiterate a previous statement, without paids you have to spend 5 dollars IRL.

Have fun.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #38
Juan Arquero

Quote:
Migleyy: My first post in this thread was intended to help you. Since I'm a low level N, I get a lot of disrespect from higher level paid players who assume I know nothing about the game. I thought that the fact that you didn't know how the experience point penalties work was really ironic, considering that your character is four times the level of any of my characters. At the time that I wrote my first post, I couldn't remember who Chrism was, but I figured that he was experienced based on the fact that he had written over 200 posts. I love irony and sarcastic humor. When I saw a level 30+ paid player ask something that I knew the answer to, even though I'm a low level N, I thought that was just too ironic for me not to make a small joke:

Quote:
By the way, my main is level 8, my highest level alt is level 9 and all my characters are Ns (Non-paid accounts). Why am I explaining this to paid players who are supposed to be far more experienced than me?
Migleyy: The question quoted above was meant to TEASE you and Chrism, but the other players who read it thought that it was a flame. Migleyy, if you were insulted, I'm sorry. I was trying to help you, not hurt you. I thought it was a tongue-in-cheek way to make fun of the situation (a lowly N teaching a higher level paid how the game works). It was also my way to point out that not all Ns are ignorant, because I'm sick and tired of seeing Ns and noobs treated like crap by paid players.

Quote:
Edit for the mathematically-challenged: Example of the experience penalty -- if you use a trophy that is normally worth 1000 experience for a skill that is 9+ levels above your class level, you will only get 50 experience due to the 95% penalty!
Migleyy & Chrism: The paragraph above wasn't targetted at you. I added it, so that anybody who read the thread and wasn't good at math could figure out how the penalties work. Some new players learn about the game by reading the forums, as I did. I also learned a lot by seeing discussions about the game in civil.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #39
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

omg stfu already you guys

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 03-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #40
sherman

How cute, Juan is still trying to preserve what little dignity he has left, if any at all.