Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Exact lvl Penalty ?
Old 03-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

Default Exact lvl Penalty ?

Does anyone know what the exact level penalty for lvling above your lvl. It would be very helpful. =)

Old 03-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Chrism
Gem Pouch Expert

I think it works like this:

# of lvls above Penalty
1 15%
2 20%
3 30%
4 40%
5 50%
6 60%
7 70%
8 80%
9 90%
10+ 95%

Old 03-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Juan Arquero

Chrism is wrong. How do I know that? Do a little experiment. Find a skill which is just below your class level. Use active experience or passive experience to raise the skill level to be equal to your class level. As soon as that happens, you will get a warning about an experience penalty. That's because there is a 10% penalty to experience for skills that are EQUAL to your class level and an additional 10% penalty for each level that the skill is above your class level up to a maximum 95% penalty.

Experience Penalty Chart:
10% penalty if skill level is equal to class level
20% penalty if skill is 1 level higher than class level
30% penalty if skill is 2 levels higher than class level
40% penalty if skill is 3 levels higher than class level
50% penalty if skill is 4 levels higher than class level
60% penalty if skill is 5 levels higher than class level
70% penalty if skill is 6 levels higher than class level
80% penalty if skill is 7 levels higher than class level
90% penalty if skill is 8 levels higher than class level
95% penalty if skill is 9 or more levels higher than class level

Those experience penalties are the reason behind the high value placed on high level trophies, as one stack of high level trophies can be used to instantly build up a skill from below class level to far above class level.

By the way, my main is level 8, my highest level alt is level 9 and all my characters are Ns (Non-paid accounts). Why am I explaining this to paid players who are supposed to be far more experienced than me?

Edit for the mathematically-challenged: Example of the experience penalty -- if you use a trophy that is normally worth 1000 experience for a skill that is 9+ levels above your class level, you will only get 50 experience due to the 95% penalty!

Last edited by Juan Arquero; 03-07-2010 at 09:47 PM..

Old 03-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

wow aren't you pleasant. When Chrism said "i think" did that mean "i know, or this is how it is"?

Not really, he was just offering some help, and you are a jackass

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 03-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

way to be a dick Juan

Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
richp

Yes. U sir are a jackass....how dare you speak to us paid players like that. chrism has always been helpful to all players and he did say "I think"

little punk, If i had a wooden spoon...I'd...

Old 03-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
Misguided
Seer's BFF

juan you jackass.....lvl a toon over 10 then try to be more knowledgable, instead of being a complete asshat.....you sir are a douche to the highest lvl

Old 03-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Arquero View Post
I r troll haw haw haw
urdoinitwrong

Old 03-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
Juan Arquero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx View Post
Juan Arquero, you seem awfully angry. Would you like a hug?
No thanks. I've seen some of the things that you've said in uncivil and my gaydar just went off!

Misguided: Did I get the facts wrong on how the experience penalties work? If not, then I don't need to have a level 10 character to understand them.

As for the rest of you: Doesn't anybody around here recognize sarcasm when they read it?

Old 03-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
Jon
Temporarily Suspended

Juan..must be some bs in teh water ur drinkin'..ur leaking it all over the place

Old 03-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #11
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Arquero View Post
No thanks. I've seen some of the things that you've said in uncivil and my gaydar just went off!

Misguided: Did I get the facts wrong on how the experience penalties work? If not, then I don't need to have a level 10 character to understand them.

As for the rest of you: Doesn't anybody around here recognize sarcasm when they read it?
How cute, trying to save yourself.

I hope you have room in that aniz for the massive about or raep you're going to receive.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #12
Juan Arquero

I've been playing this game for three months. I'm not in a rush to get to level 10, much less level cap. I've gotten a lot of disrespect for that attitude. I've also gotten a lot of disrespect for being an N -- that mistreatment by paid players makes me LESS likely to become paid, not more.

I often work 80+ hours per week as a taxi driver (wow -- a sarcastic taxi driver -- who would've thought that could exist), so I'm often logged-in when I'm not home and when I do actively play it can be anytime of the day or night. When I am at my keyboard, I usually spend more time checking the chat logs, than actively grinding. When I see a noob ask questions and get no response, I often send a PM to that noob. I've given helpful advice to many noobs, including a few paid players. I've seen very few paids take the time to give good advice to noobs -- TJ (Thomasjordan) is a major exception to that. Anyway, this jackass has given helpful advice to a lot of noobs who have been ignored by paid players. Among those who called me a jackass, how much time do you spend giving advice to noobs?

I've seen noobs get flamed in-game by paid players so many times that I'm sick of it, so when I can give accurate advice to a paid player who is 4+ times the level of my highest level character, I'm going to poke fun at that paid player. If that makes me a jackass, then I've got a lot of company (all the paid players who flame noobs and treat Ns like crap on a daily basis).

As for the "Edit for the mathematically-challenged," I added that because some people aren't good at math, so I wanted to give a simple example (that I've seen experienced players use in civil) that anybody could understand, even a 13 year old who doesn't like math. Maybe I should have added the following at the end:

sherman: If anybody around here deserves the title of jackass, that would be you!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #13
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

sherman earned that title through respect :P we respect his jackassness

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 03-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
Juan Arquero

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty View Post
sherman earned that title through respect :P we respect his jackassness
I'm taking sherman's title and I've added a signature, since nobody in this thread has said that I got the facts wrong.

Edited to point out the following: this is my first post after adding my signature and I've now qualified as a crab defiler!

Last edited by Juan Arquero; 03-07-2010 at 11:44 PM..

Old 03-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #15
klippi

lol juan...

Flashus - Home

This site was made possible by Flashus and Chrism's hard work.

jackass.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #16
Juan Arquero

Quote:
Originally Posted by klippi View Post
lol juan...

Flashus - Home

This site was made possible by Flashus and Chrism's hard work.

jackass.
ROTFL!

When I wrote my first post in this thread, I couldn't even remember Chrism's level or if he was paid (I didn't look it up until after everybody started flaming me) -- I did remember Migleyy as being level 30+ (42 now) and paid (usually).

I've checked out Flashus' site a few times, but I didn't remember Chrism being associated with it.

Regarding experience penalties: I know that there is a penalty for skills that are at the same level as class level. I believe that my explanation is correct. Can somebody prove if I'm right or Chrism is right?

If I'm right about the experience penalties, then Chrism is wrong. I don't understand how such an experienced player (who has written guides for Nodiatis) could've gotten it wrong.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #17
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

youre all jerky jerkheads

Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #18
klippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashus View Post

i feel let down considering all the time and effort that myself and others put in gathering all the information to help your Players enjoy the game. Think of all the trouble myself and Chrism went thru every new update and new items and skills and description changes. we have had to redo a lot of stuff. I for one believe Chrism who gathered information on all items and put into a list for everyone with the help of others would have loved a bit of a hand at times. especially for updates.
adjusted for the mentally challenged ;-P

lol im being a jackass myself. sorry juan.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #19
thatperson
Epic Scholar

exp penalties are 10% per level (with a 0% starting when the skill is at your level) capping at 95%
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:19 AM   #20
Juan Arquero

Quote:
Originally Posted by klippi View Post
adjusted for the mentally challenged ;-P

lol im being a jackass myself. sorry juan.
That's OK, klippi. I think everybody in this thread is being a jackass, so you're in good company.