Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Old 12-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #41
Guessingo

Now that everyone is done ruining my thread... I might as well use up the $50 I spent on this game.

I am a mage. I just got a skill called "call of lightning" next to my gems. Where did this come from? all that happened over night is my wounds got to 10 which is the level of my rat.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #42
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

that new skill was added with the new patch that was just released.

in the forum in the top little section it will tell you of all new patches and whats involved in them

Old 12-31-2009, 05:23 PM   #43
Guessingo

are all areas the same

2 monster types. one a little stronger than the other
1 boss

nothing else there.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #44
Conqueror
Rare Collector

yes

The point of this game, in my opinion, is to develop your character to be the best it can be. You want to fight those 2 creatures as fast as possible during your rested time so that you can get the highest amount of experience and trophies that it is possible to get; these trophies can then be used to improve your skills. For the most efficient use of rt I suggest that during your rested time you fight yellow orange creatures (meaning + 1 and + 2 lvls higher than you). Since you are a caster and casters are weaker at lower lvls try yellow first and if you can get those in a minute to a minute and a half move up to orange mobs. The faster the better.

Leave bosses till you are out of rt. And once you are out of rt you can try fighting even higher lvl mobs if you want.

Good luck

Edit: oh yeah one more thing

www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus

very good site. It actually has all the creatures in all of the zones on the map listed on there. Refer to this site if you want to figure out what kind of trophies you get in an area (for example 3 spirits 1 combat). Site has lots of other good info too.

http://nodiatis.wikidot.com

This is also a good site

Last edited by Conqueror; 12-31-2009 at 06:44 PM..

Old 12-31-2009, 10:41 PM   #45
Guessingo

I thought areas were level restricted? When I look at an area I see a level and a +?

Old 12-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #46
Jochi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessingo View Post
I thought areas were level restricted? When I look at an area I see a level and a +?
That's the recommended level to enter, but most players enter them 2-5 levels before imo.

Mininum levels to enter is found in the link below:

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/pl...ry-levels.html

Old 12-31-2009, 11:00 PM   #47
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochi View Post
That's the recommended level to enter, but most players enter them 2-5 levels before imo.

Mininum levels to enter is found in the link below:

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/pl...ry-levels.html
Rule of thumb: 2/3 of the area's posted level is the minimum level.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #48
Guessingo

i tried using a recall potion and it said you must have gated to use that? how do i use gate/recall potions to get back to town fast?

is there a way to travel to an area fast?

Old 12-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #49
Jochi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Rule of thumb: 2/3 of the area's posted level is the minimum level.
Thanks for the clarification, Sherman.

Guessingo, to use gate and recalls, first use the gate potion while outside a town. It will send you back to the last town you were in. Using the recall potion next will bring u back to the spot where you used the gate.

Every 10th level and up requires an additional gate/recall to use. So at level 10, a character uses 2, at level 20, he/she uses 3 potions, and so forth. Wizards are an exception, but I cannot remember which of the potions does not increase for them.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:30 AM   #50
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, Sherman.

Guessingo, to use gate and recalls, first use the gate potion while outside a town. It will send you back to the last town you were in. Using the recall potion next will bring u back to the spot where you used the gate.

Every 10th level and up requires an additional gate/recall to use. So at level 10, a character uses 2, at level 20, he/she uses 3 potions, and so forth. Wizards are an exception, but I cannot remember which of the potions does not increase for them.
gates dont, and its the caster classes, not just a wizard.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #51
Guessingo

I am trying to go into the mossland dungeon. I need a torch of some sort. I am in the first town and I checked the shops. I don't see any torches or lanterns. Where do i get a light source?

Old 01-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #52
Jochi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros View Post
gates dont, and its the caster classes, not just a wizard.
My jeweler doesn't have this bonus :/

Quote:
I am trying to go into the mossland dungeon. I need a torch of some sort. I am in the first town and I checked the shops. I don't see any torches or lanterns. Where do i get a light source?
The torch is found in T3 general store.

Check out Flashus' site here. It has a section on travel gear, as well as other excellent info such as resourcing and zones. Google 'Nodiatis Wikia' for another site with various information too.

Chrism has a excel download of Nod items here.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #53
Guessingo

It seems that every level that goes up my gem bag gets bigger. This is more of a pain than it is helpful. Is this supposed to help me?

is there any value in doing all of the quests or can i skip some? do rewards get bigger with doing more quests total or just with harder quests? do you get anything besides gold from quests?

Last edited by Guessingo; 01-01-2010 at 11:15 AM..

Old 01-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #54
Revanche
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Revanche Send a message via Yahoo to Revanche

Quote:
It seems that every level that goes up my gem bag gets bigger. This is more of a pain than it is helpful. Is this supposed to help me?
You get 1 extra gem slot/lvl until it stops at 50, raise ur gem handling so u can use multiple copies of the same gem, I recommend cantrips 2 speed up ur draws. Quests give u gold, u need it. You're gonna be out killing things anyway, might as well get paid for it. You can skip quests if u want, but u have 2 rely on chests 4 gold, and the amounts r kinda random. Ur welcome 2 pm me in-game for faster answers than the forums, everyone thats helped you so far are great resources, if they r offering 2 help, id take it they know what they're talking about.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #55
Guessingo

what are cantrips?

where do i get the level 18 chipmunk mentioned earlier in this thread?

Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #56
Revanche
Boss Hunter

cantrips are gems that draw another gem from your pouch as soon as u activate their effect. The most used ones are the damaging cantrips(blue gems). There are also ones that give you mana(another blue gem) or energy(invigorating-green gem). Some melee fighters use these so they dont need 2 put points into mst or pst and get the few gems they do want even faster, casters use them for the extra mana/energy and insane draw speed. I believe the chippy is in altimus, the town between the south and north passages, but dont quote me on it.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #57
sherman

Quote:
My jeweler doesn't have this bonus :/
IIRC that if ANY CLASS has a staff, the potions need is decreased.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #58
Guessingo

"ome melee fighters use these so they dont need 2 put points into mst or pst and get the few gems they do want even faster,"

what are pst and mst?

Old 01-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #59
Revanche
Boss Hunter

Pst refers to physical stamina, or energy, which is a sub-stat of the Melee main stat. It's used in gemcasting, and the process of crafting, which is another topic altogether, and isn't something to delve into until you have a firmer grasp of the basic fundamentals of the game.
Mst refers to mental stamina, or mana, which is a sub-stat of the Magic main stat, and is used in the same manner as pst.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #60
Guessingo

I see stats on armor. what do they mean?

int: 4
dur: 1

does this raise my INT by 4? what is dur?

PRe: 1
Reg: 2