Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Post your build ideas here
Old 06-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
Jerome

Default Post your build ideas here

Compare and contrast see if we can see anything usefull in regards to balancing prior to release

Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 AM   #2
Jerome

im also trying out a peircing build, got to level 6 in 2 days seems to be the definition of truck. stat wise it works like

melee- 100% dex
magic- 100% total mana
regen- 100% mana regen untill level 10 or 15 or so then 50/50 with hp
defence- even spread

ends up with like no energy at all hopefully and tons of mana to be filled with equilibrium gems and mana-energy recover should energy start getting low, all heals i use cost mana no energy ones

Last edited by Jerome; 06-27-2008 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: be a little clearer

Old 06-27-2008, 04:38 AM   #3
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

actually there are energy costing heal gems but not many of them

Old 06-27-2008, 04:52 AM   #4
Jerome

im well aware, but i choose not to use them for the purposes of the build

Old 06-27-2008, 05:14 AM   #5
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well i only made the remark to make you aware in case you didnt know and secondly i personally try to balance all my stats for now vut since im a wizard that basically required if you want to could use staff effectively for melee combat and your spells effectively for combat but of course its not something you have to do thats just how im doing it if any has any questions about my build just reply and ill answer them when i notice the questions

Old 06-27-2008, 05:39 AM   #6
Jerome

yeah i think at this stage its a good idea to share thoughts on this, because balance is basicly THE most important thing to have down pre release. i wouldnt say my build is over powered but it kinda has that feel to it. i mean other classes like archers for example have to level magic and melee skills to improve their archery so they miss out on the stupid amounts of mana i will get at later levels.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #7
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optic View Post
For piercing, rather than focusing on fast leveling, I try to build my character to be strong, which takes more time.

Previously I kept a ratio of 2:1 for melee:defense. Now with the caster buffs and npc buffs, ive had to increase the defense, so I now keep melee 33% higher than defense, and no stats in recovery class or magic atm.

So far for level 20 and lower this seems to work really nice. I have great passive skills, a ton of cash, and so many spare trophies for my level. My character is a beast, and would thrash any other level 7.
i like the cencept, realisticly perhaps rather than doing that in one go taking a break from powerlevel/progessing every few levels or so might be the way to go, where you focus on your primary stat and build cash/trophies, otherwise you will seriously fall behind other players due to inefficency etc. On the other hand being able to kill white names in 5 seconds must be mad exp.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #8
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

well for some classes all stats arent needed vut generally all spell casters need to lvl all stats to stay effective in combat

Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #9
Camli

As melee using heal gems, you can safely ignore Int and Cnc. Not only ignore, but drop them to the minimum level (50) with enchantments, since you're never using offensive spells or archery.

I've had more success using a mix of energy and mana healing gems with my druid, and instead of the equilibrium gems, I use both types of mana/energy restoration gems. Keeping 4 gems out, and using the 5th slot to cycle the restoration gems lets me keep my mana and energy up through a prolonged fight. It's a heavier investment (10 blue and green magic), but well worth it, since you can use a greater variety of healing gems (Important once you get 10 or more slots in your pouch).

As for me, I'm going with a red/blue offensive caster. Red provides both the highest average and spike damage, though at a high cost, and blue is the most efficient and has the highest minimum damage. Red provides the max damage boosting aura (completely required for any offensive caster), and blue gives the mana restoring gems, which are necessary given the high cost of red gems.
It's working well for now, and that's given a lot of wasted time when casters sucks, and my wizard was developing as a full "Heals 'n' melee" build.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #10
Jerome

been a pretty productive topic thus-far id say Perhaps as part of potion makeing or something there could be potions that are a bitch to make that redistribute stats. kinda enough of a bitch for it to not even worth bothering with till you are a decent level and are trying to optimise, kinda like permanent enchants if you see what i mean, not gear related but character related

Old 06-27-2008, 08:07 AM   #11
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

sounds interesting but if you want something like that then suggest it and as for lvling the fastest way is probably to balance all the stats then just taking them 1 at a time

Old 06-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #12
Somneil

The ULTIMATE Build Guide
----------------------------------

First lets split all the classes into three major categories - melee, ranged, and caster. If you're going for something more hybrid, then you'll have to wing it on "feel."

The key - although it is true that leveling your stat skills evenly does make you level faster, it is not a wise way to make many builds powerful.

To make most builds powerful you will want to focus on 2 stat skills for the most part and when and if needed, sprinkle or ratio in the other 2.

Example
------------
Warrior
Focus: Melee and Defense

This is the a simple and effective build, you can almost ignore Magic and Recovery.

Stats? Melee stats will depend on which weapon you choose. If you're a piercer, you can go pure Dex, if you're a crusher, you can go pure Str, if you're a slasher I'd recommend keeping Dex and Str about the same.

Another Example
----------------------
Archer
Focus: Melee and Defense
Ratio: Magic

You could swap focus on Defense for Magic but I would recommend putting Defense as the core partner of every build. So in this archer build I might recommend Me:Ma: D:R in a 2:1:2:0 ratio to start out and sprinkle in Recovery whenever you feel you need it. As you progress you might want to change to something like a 3:2:3:0 ratio.

Third Example
--------------------
Caster
Focus: Magic and Defense
Ratio: Recovery and Melee

Casters really do use all the stats but still they don't need Recovery and Melee as much as Magic and Defense, so we'll ratio them to make the build more effective. Me:Ma: D:R in a 1:2:2:1 ratio to start out works well. As you progress you might want to change to something like a 2:3:3:2 ratio.

--------------------------------------------
More on stats
-------------------------------------------
Exactly which stats you need to pump highly depends upon which class you start at as all their stats start differently, but I like to use the "turtle rule" when it comes to attack and defense stats.

"The Turtle Rule" TM

Keep your Str/Dex (or Int/Cnc if you're a caster or Dex/Cnc if you're an archer) at 105+your player level for an effective distribution. Anything more you add is icing but you might want to focus some points into other stats once you get above this margin. It's your call.

Same thing with Agi/Cnt - It is vital to keep them at LEAST 105+your player level. That's why I put Defense as a core partner in all stat ratios. It really is vital in this game that you keep your Agi/Cnt up to par.

It might take a while to reach the margin, depending on how gimped your class starts in certain areas, but that's ok, the monsters starting out are forgiving.

-------------------------
Those are just guidelines, every class is going to have nuances and every player is going to want to do certain things and all this is going to add variation to builds. This is just my input on the matter.

It's been said before but its worth repeating: when you build your character, think about what its going to be doing. If you have no plans to nuke anything then you don't need INT. Don't spend points on things you don't need. The only stats I absolutely recommend for every single build is Agi/Cnt. If you can build a character that doesn't need Agi/Cnt, then you get a cookie!

Last edited by Somneil; 06-27-2008 at 11:23 PM..

Old 06-28-2008, 05:47 AM   #13
GoldRush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somneil View Post
The ULTIMATE Build Guide
thanks for the idea mate.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:57 AM   #14
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

interesting guide on stats somneil though for spell casters they should lvl all the stat types evenly to get the best results often

Old 06-28-2008, 07:12 AM   #15
Jerome

Some really nice ideas there im really keen to get this stuff compliled in an unofficial help site so we can just link kids who ask dumb ****. Worked for rwk to a degree. imagnine how irritating chat would have been there without good ol jimcav

Old 06-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
NightOwl

Quote:
Same thing with Agi/Cnt - It is vital to keep them at LEAST 105+your player level. That's why I put Defense as a core partner in all stat ratios. It really is vital in this game that you keep your Agi/Cnt up to par.
Why is 105+level so vital as a break point for stats?

Old 06-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #17
Jerome

at these stage numbers are unknown its more of a guidline and if it works, it works

Old 06-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #18
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

basically the best thing for your accuracy and dmaage and defense stats you should have them at minium 100+ your lvl thats at least what most do to reduce missing creatures and avoiding to get hit but of course this is only advice you dont have to do anything it says here its just suggestions to help people out

Old 06-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #19
Somneil

Yes. These are guides and suggestions, not walkthroughs. Nobody's telling anybody what they can or can't do here.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:39 AM   #20
NightOwl

I was just wondering if there was some known factor that made it a major breakpoint. Might be worth parsing/testing to find out, just can't be bothered with it at an early stage of the game. Perhaps closer to release I'll give it a look.