Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Old 01-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #21
Solitruno

character build for a guardian?

Dark Knights
Old 03-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #22
Tripaseca

Default Dark Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00p00 View Post
ok thx, what about dark knight ? and I wanted to ask about magician, what stats I need to get from def and magic and do I need melee at all :|
I'd like to see a guide for Dark Knights too... please share me your thoughts

Old 03-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #23
Necrox

The "no-magic" Regener.

Defense/Recovery: Lv 100/70 * Level in each (lv 100 Def & Rec at lv 70)
Magic: Lv 1
Melee: The rest (Lv 79 Melee at Lv 70)

Stats:
Melee - Dex only (98 + 3 * 79 = 385 at lv 70)
Defense - 1 in each = 200 Agi/Cnc/Dur at lv 70
Recovery: Reg only (104 + 3*100 = 404 at lv 70)

Weapons: Piercing (either 1h or 2h is fine). This only uses Dex, keeping the stats very simple.
Magic: Use auras and other gems that don't use energy/mana (green healing basically).

Level combat recovery as much as possible. It will take a fair while before you see a difference in combat, but at higher levels the difference will be noticable.

At level 70 skills you get:
Class bonus: 11.48%
Combat recovery: 7%
Battle Mending: 10.5%
Total of 28.98% of your normal regen amount.

Last edited by Necrox; 03-10-2009 at 05:16 PM..

Old 03-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #24
Solikos

Great thread and information here... Thanks! :]

Old 11-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #25
Trinella

What about the Enchantress build? I need a little help please

Old 11-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #26
launcelot
Boss Hunter

Well I don't know as much as some of the other people but here is my build for a Guardian

Guardian is the tank with a 4% bonus to blocking that can be raised to 12% with class enhancing skills.

don't know the starting stats

I use 1H crush

In melee pure str you don't need dex for crushers
Magic... don't lvl with the stat cap raised
Def you most important skill... I started by bumping up my dur then evened out and will go with 1 agi to 2 dur now
Recovery not that important... you might use some since cap has been raised to 80 but dont worry about it till the very end and them put your points in the hp regen one

Skills Crushing and related skills such as crush spec you will also want double attack and the critical strike skills the lvl 40 skill that lets you stun the opponent will be handy too

In def you want to use suiting blocking and testudo will be the most important starting off then the deflective shield will be nice at lvl 20 and bash at 40

you can also put points in parry to get extra attacks avoided and that is always good

The other skills arent as important but you can figure out what is needed for heals and pets

The guardian maxes his ac and is best in groups. Usally with a high HP and plenty of taunts to take that beating that no one else could handle. It will be slow at the begining with both mobs and pvp as blocking wont keep up with dual wield but with select skills at high lvls the proper equipment and runes your chance to block will be easily over 50% and an of getting close to 1700. Add on testudo and you can easly have over a 8000 fading damage absorber. Also if you chose to train parry along with the other skills you have that chance to parry along with the huge chance to block. With deflective shield you can deflect up to 100% (skill at lvl 100) of all blocked DD gems and ranged attacks (arrows) back the the person who used them. This is one of the characters best for tanking it up and if you dont you wasted you build on one of the most over looked classes that is really good.

Best as a tank all i can say since that is all it is meant to be.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #27
sherman

Some suggestions:

If you want to parry as well as block, use slashers and go 2 str 1 Dex. Because Blocking uses STR and AGI while Parrying uses DEX and AGI.

Add some extra minor AC and stat bonuses by leveling archery and equipping ONLY a quiver, unless you want to equip the 16 bow, as it increases AC as well.

Level up Blue, Green, and White magic for stacking the Damage Negation and Damage Reflection auras. IF you do that, level up shared bliss and palisade to further increase the effects of said auras.

Also increase Green to use some Gaia's, although slow they heal decently and don't cost energy or mana.

In later levels, if you want to become an awesome group tank, equip a whip, attacking pets, and level up the BM skills you need.

While leveling up Defense stat, distribute all stat points after level 20, until then put all, or most, in Dur.

While leveling Protection skills, level Impedance and Combat Recovery as those are important skills later on. Impedance will help resist magic and Combat Recovery will increase your regenning in combat.

Once you reach 40+, start leveling those skills that increase resistance, it helps with AT LEAST 150 CNT.

That's just some basic help for new Guardians.

Nice build btw.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #28
launcelot
Boss Hunter

never though i would say this ty sherman

you dont have to use slash to parry but you will parry more often with slash i just go with crush because it does get better at later levels and because of the level 40 skill that allows you to stun the opponent since a guardian is best at reducing the damage taken. And defenatly use the quiver thing i do and is the only way to get the 1700 ac i was talking about with armors availible now. I dont think it is possible yet anyway since that is adding in a rank 5 ironclad.

I dont have any cnt and that is where i take the most damage i get hit by spells HARD. I would recomend putting more in dur than what you said since I have been going with half agi and dur and only have 1200 hp at 34 with 54 def. But about any comination will work. and the more agi and cnt will reduce the damage you take by avoiding, blocking, and just doing less more often. my normal battle is just some auras and maybe some green gems not always and im healed before i exit looting after taking my throphies and gold.

But yeah sherman's tips are really good

Ranger Class???
Old 11-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #29
MartyrX

Default Ranger Class???

Does anyone have any info for the Ranger Class