Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

Stat Under 50 Exploit
Old 06-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Default Stat Under 50 Exploit

You're not supposed to be able to autoattack with a stat under 50. However, you can hit autoattack with a good (no stat under 50) suit equipped and then switch suits. Also, you can cast gems regardless of your stats.

As you can see in the screenshot above, my Cnc is 49 and I am autoattacking.

This can be abused by beginning combat with one suit and switching to another after attacking, allowing you to have more stats as you only have to subtract from one thing, and can do so infinitely, as it will not go below 1 regardless of the negatives.

This would also be easy to abuse for arena- for example, a tank, who can't really sacrifice any stats except int could do full int, not having to sacrifice pst/mst/cnc/pre/mre for taunts or reg for regening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

Good find, but I think a good tank can make way without abusing it at very little difference in the end

Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Also, if you click autoattack, cast exactly 37 gems, then remove your legging and replace it with a mongoose, then turn precisely 3.75 turns, and play with your left hand, you'll waste a lot of time.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Bump for Glitchless. By the way, this bug is likely being caused by a lack of paladin buffs- a 10% damage bonus for all paladins would probably fix the bug.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
chloe
Seer's BFF

i think paladins need to be nerfed as they have access to this bug, obvs overpowered and everything they have a bonus to (including class abilities) should be halved

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Bump. I see you fixed being able to cast gems. However, the ability to draw gems that do not need casting still exists (auras, regen gems, continuous heals, reflect/prevent/mirror gems,etc), and you are able to continue autoattacking and autoshooting with the aforementioned switch technique.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
Monu
Gem Pouch Expert

In any case, the stat deficit wouldn't be that large...I suppose? That stat difference would be that amount of stats one suit has over the other (in your case, i'm guessing 1 int or 2?). Still, it is likely to be fixed soon, in case a tank tries to totally exploit this using raidens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphoomZhah View Post
Didnt know I couldnt trade irl for things in Nod =( I just traded my gf for a stack of trophys.. i wanted those trophys but now I usde them and want my gf back.. its all ur fault.. U MUST to find me another gf

]

Old 08-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monu View Post
In any case, the stat deficit wouldn't be that large...I suppose? That stat difference would be that amount of stats one suit has over the other (in your case, i'm guessing 1 int or 2?). Still, it is likely to be fixed soon, in case a tank tries to totally exploit this using raidens.
Let's say you have a player with base stats:
310/310/101
101/101/101
310/310/101
101/101/275

Their gear enchant total allows them to have have +350 worth of enchant stones (assuming +38 is the highest possible). This means they would need to have 350 negative enchants as well, which means 175 negative stat points. Normally, this would mean you need to distribute the points between at least 4 stats.

The result would be something like this:
747/310/101
51/51/51
310/310/101
87/87/275

With the exploit however, you could have this:
747/310/101
1/101/101
310/310/101
101/101/275

In this case, int is sacrificed completely, because a stat will always be 1 at the least, regardless of how many negatives you add to it. Basically, it allows you to dump all your negatives in a single, non-useful stat.

In my example, at the cost of 50 int, you get 50 cnc, 50 mst, 14 mre, and 14 pre.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
Monu
Gem Pouch Expert

It could happen

consider a person with only two sleeves, one -38 pre, +38 str and -38 mre + 38 str.
if he switches to another suit, with a sleeve -38 int +38 str, and the other -38 int +38 str, he can drop his int down below and preserve MRe and PRe.

This will probably be fixed shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphoomZhah View Post
Didnt know I couldnt trade irl for things in Nod =( I just traded my gf for a stack of trophys.. i wanted those trophys but now I usde them and want my gf back.. its all ur fault.. U MUST to find me another gf

]

Old 08-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #10
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monu View Post
It could happen

consider a person with only two sleeves, one -38 pre, +38 str and -38 mre + 38 str.
if he switches to another suit, with a sleeve -38 int +38 str, and the other -38 int +38 str, he can drop his int down below and preserve MRe and PRe.

This will probably be fixed shortly.
We're saying the same thing pretty much, but you're not seeing how vast the stat savings could be.

Also, as for being fixed shortly, one can only hope. There are likely other things to be worked on, and since the exploit has been reported, it's unlikely that anyone will try to capitalise on it now.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Pretty sure a,regener buff would fix this

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 08-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Probably, I'll crunch the numbers and get back to you Flip.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 03:35 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #14
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiSiX View Post
I just tested this out. You can't dump every negative stat into a single stat, you won't be able to equip any more pieces once you go negative past a point. The lowest I was able to go as a test was 33 in Mre. I was able to get two -36 legs, -34 BP, -16 arm on. It wouldn't allow me to put a second -16 arm on.

But.....

You can still draw auras have have them work while below 50 in any stat, so while you're not "casting", basically everyone but a caster can exploit the is, especially given that only casters get stunned for 20 seconds when parting with a staff. I can think of plenty of whippers that would be happy to take INT/CNC down below 50 after combat has started, especially PvE.
potion, equip, unpotion. that is how i got 1 dur.

also, you can put points into a stat, equip, and redist.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
dOWNer
Temporarily Suspended

was this just a very long winded way of calling tanks dumb?

Old 09-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 03:35 PM..