Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
RECOVER | REGISTER

View Poll Results: How do you like Regen in PvP
It makes PvP boring, nerf it. 54 58.06%
It's fine. 39 41.94%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #81
billyrules
Crab Defiler

Old 12-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #82
Tharkas
Temporarily Suspended

A possible fix for regen could be to introduce a skill that lowers your enemies max hp by x% of the damage you've dealt to them. Like for instance if you deal 3000 damage it would reduce your enemies max hp by 300. I guess technically this would hurt ALL kinds of healing and or regen. A counter to this skill could be a new gem that cancels max hp drain

Old 12-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #83
Blaze
Boss Hunter

>.> no support. would be a fairly big nerf to tanks that are supposed to tank damage the entire time. even with 100 deft draw they would still take a while to draw the gem if it came out since shatter can easily stop it even if it is an aura

Old 12-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #84
Tharkas
Temporarily Suspended

good point, I never thought of that. Seeing as how I farm pit with only 5000 HP I never thought of how it would affect the tanks.how about a line of gems that reduces all enemies regeneration by a certain percentage? Give it the same number of gems as the regeneration lines though so it will even everything out

Old 12-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #85
Masterarcher
Boss Hunter

That gem is called Reaper Aura.

The bigger problem is Rule of Law Aura, it did absolutely nothing against a regenner with 100 mre/pre... The regeneration aura faded a couple times but was back almost instantly, and the 1-3 seconds it was gone wasn't near enough to do enough damage.

One impervious gem pretty much cancels out Rule of Law aura, and the 33% gem haste still makes casting slower than if you had no Rule of Law out at all. In addition, Deft Draw Aura r5 provides significantly more haste, so if you have one of those out, Rule of Law is pretty useless.

Only really see Rule of Law working well for AoE teams, when the tank or healer holds it, and enemy impervious gems get shattered.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:45 AM   #86
Oneangel
Rare Collector

Problem with fixing anything with an aura is the use of apo spam. Rule of law needs you to have that and impervious drawn and the ability to drain constantly. If other team draws a sacri then if any of those conditions aren't met then they will get full sacri effect for next 5 seconds. Glitch asked about rule of law and since I believe I am the only person in nod to actually use it for pvp it might not be a bad idea to watch a few of my teams matches vs the top teams.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 12-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #87
Cyress
Boss Hunter

More of the same BS.

This is starting to feel more like whack-a-mole than an MMO. This constant focus on "balance" is turning everything vanilla.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #88
Master
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyress View Post
More of the same BS.

This is starting to feel more like whack-a-mole than an MMO. This constant focus on "balance" is turning everything vanilla.
^this

Old 12-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #89
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 02:16 PM..

Old 12-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #90
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Lol

Old 12-13-2014, 03:58 AM   #91
Oneangel
Rare Collector

Quote:
More of the same BS.

Glad this got a laugh for you. Maybe next post maybe make a suggestion. Phrases like this just annoy me, metaphor after metaphor without actually saying anything specific at all.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 12-13-2014, 04:18 AM   #92
Cyress
Boss Hunter

The "Wack-a-mole" reference is actually a simile, and to offer a suggestion would imply that I am in agreement that there is a problem needing resolution.

Old 12-13-2014, 04:25 AM   #93
Cyress
Boss Hunter

I don't envy glitch at all. I would not have the tolerance to wade through all the self serving propaganda to determine what's actually broken and whats working fine. These massive fundamental game changes are merely a nuisance to players like me who have the assets to adjust quickly. It's exactly why I have invested so much time/gold into my alts. What bothers me about situations like these is it cripples the newer player base, who've invested everything they have in hopes of one day being competitive.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:08 AM   #94
Oneangel
Rare Collector

Ok, that is a fair comment, I thought that you were trying to suggests that aiming for balance between builds and classes was pointless and made things boring. However, as objective as we all may think we are or not in some cases, we all have our perception influenced by our own experience and can only offer opinion based on that. Trying to suggest that others are self serving while you piously say that we should change nothing in order to give newer players a chance to compete could be seen as just as self serving when as you say, you can adapt to any situation and in fact would beat any toon/team that focuses on 1 build. Imo the more builds that are viable for pvp the better as toons like you can only have 3 suits/pouches at any one time and if there were 6-7 viable pvp builds you could not set up to face all at once. This would give the new players far more chance than how it stands at the moment.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:39 AM   #95
Cyress
Boss Hunter

True enough.
But that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Take this into consideration as you continue your debate. My team is all regeners who keep (try) sacregen in play 100% of the time. 18 of our 19 losses this season have been to teams who do NOT keep this gem in play, nor do they keep Rule of Law in play.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:24 AM   #96
>.>
Auction Master

Against equally skilled teams superior tactics will win out in the end. While the Rule of Law gem CAN make a difference vs some teams it is quite easy to counter with shatters and simply adding mre/pre. There are still other ways to beat a regener though. It may require some tactic and build changes but one build/team set up should be the one answer for all teams you enounter

Old 12-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #97
Oneangel
Rare Collector

Quote:
True enough.
But that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Take this into consideration as you continue your debate. My team is all regeners who keep (try) sacregen in play 100% of the time. 18 of our 19 losses this season have been to teams who do NOT keep this gem in play, nor do they keep Rule of Law in play.
Your team has lost to my team 4 times this season and we do use sacri though I do suspect that our wins came more from errors made by you having to control ralen while casting on cyress at the same time. However that's beside the point, players such as yourself who have done arena at the highest level for a long time are in the best position to give an informed opinion as to the best way for the game to move forward and so should make suggestions rather than criticise the position of others that maybe don't have the full picture to look at just from not having that top end arena experience.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #98
Yadocxer
Boss Hunter

I find myself amazed that the complaining about regeneration continues and I guess so does the debate and prattle. In order to not prattle myself, let me get to the point/points I want to muse over.
All this talk, debate, complaining and yes, prattle about regeneration started me wondering why as a DD caster did i give up my Raiden leggings and Slow Loris pets for Earthfusion leggings and Timmy pets. Why did i reduce my MRe for more Reg? Why the hell did i nerf my magic powers for recovery? Why? Why? Why?
There is one simple reason. The death of the traditional arena tank. The introduction of the Soul Devourer pet, Bifurcate Blade and Split Shaft Aura gem lines made it impossible for the old school tank to protect his "Glass Cannon" dps caster.
These developments left me personally only two choices, quit arena or try and protect myself better. I chose the latter, protect myself as much as I could while retaining my ability to dps. There may have been other choices to help me survive longer in arena than regeneration and mitigation, but those were the paths/options I saw and took.
I make no apologies for making the choices I did. Having to change my build to compete was forced on me. I will continue to look for ways to improve the pvp/arena aspects of my toon and my team, as I hope all do who enjoy arena.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #99
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadocxer View Post
I find myself amazed that the complaining about regeneration continues and I guess so does the debate and prattle. In order to not prattle myself, let me get to the point/points I want to muse over.
All this talk, debate, complaining and yes, prattle about regeneration started me wondering why as a DD caster did i give up my Raiden leggings and Slow Loris pets for Earthfusion leggings and Timmy pets. Why did i reduce my MRe for more Reg? Why the hell did i nerf my magic powers for recovery? Why? Why? Why?
There is one simple reason. The death of the traditional arena tank. The introduction of the Soul Devourer pet, Bifurcate Blade and Split Shaft Aura gem lines made it impossible for the old school tank to protect his "Glass Cannon" dps caster.
These developments left me personally only two choices, quit arena or try and protect myself better. I chose the latter, protect myself as much as I could while retaining my ability to dps. There may have been other choices to help me survive longer in arena than regeneration and mitigation, but those were the paths/options I saw and took.
I make no apologies for making the choices I did. Having to change my build to compete was forced on me. I will continue to look for ways to improve the pvp/arena aspects of my toon and my team, as I hope all do who enjoy arena.
Wow, we agree about something. I've been harping about the decline of traditional tanks and healers for oh...3 or 4 years now I think.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #100
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

You were not the only one forced to change to reg to compete. It seems at the moment that you have to utilize reg in order to challenge in arena. No other stat in the game has ever been even close to as powerful as regen is now. Without regen and the gear that optimizes it your wasting your time, and thats a shame.