Old 04-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #101
banndintheusa
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadocxer View Post
If it were me, I would rather do a lot of work than put up with the moaning and groaning, back biting and sniping that occurs over arena. I think my tournament/playoff platform could address a lot of the issues with solo arena. I think this format could reward the community as a whole far better that the current format. Think outside the box for novel fixes. If the coding can be done, I feel the Tourney model I outlined if fleshed out correctly would be a fix. It sure would be more exciting.
Tracking the amount of matches and getting an auto pairing system would be a huge undertaking i bet it would be a good 4-6 months, then bugs to work out after.

But i dont have do it, so whatevs.

Another problem with brackets is people would whine about who they get paired with at the start, thorin gotta be put with someone, yet people would cry foul, especially a number 2 or 3 player who is just behind him.

Last edited by banndintheusa; 04-30-2015 at 12:16 PM..

Old 04-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #102
Blaze
Boss Hunter

thorin vs brooke round one >_> 3 hour match

Old 04-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #103
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 01:40 PM..

Old 04-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #104
Yadocxer
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by banndintheusa View Post
Tracking the amount of matches and getting an auto pairing system would be a huge undertaking i bet it would be a good 4-6 months, then bugs to work out after.
Like I have said I don't do numbers or coding so have no idea how much work it would involve. Even if it took six months that means it could be ready after the next traditional arena season, right? seasons are 3 to 5 months long ... we just let this current experiment run its course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannintheusa View Post
Another problem with brackets is people would whine about who they get paired with at the start, thorin gotta be put with someone, yet people would cry foul, especially a number 2 or 3 player who is just behind him.
That really would not matter. The regular season you are playing to get to the playoff. Your fate in queue and how well you play and adapt will get you the invite. In the playoff tourney you will have a better chance to be teamed with Thorin or Brooke as you would against them. Smaller base of stronger player and toons. You could even throw out the regular season ranking and start over under the same game restrictions of limited matches. So no matter how well or crappy you did in regular season, you get another go at it in a tougher format. I like the tourney format N think it can solves lots of issues. Ofc any platform can be exploited and someone is going to get butthurt no matter what you do or suggest. My hand is up for more than a fix. Its up for a long term solution. I don't like this format. Its killing me*** Its also teaching me** Its brutal* Let this experiment run its course as is. Seek long term solution.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #105
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 01:38 PM..

Old 04-30-2015, 01:46 PM   #106
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiSiX View Post
Ask him yourself. Mostly I just sat there with no armor, weapons, pets, or gems and just died on the first shot. Slashh did the same thing season 10 and Paulo did it season 12.

And, you tiny brained little troll, if you're going to quote me, then quote me correctly. My exact words were (at the end of the end of the second paragraph of my comment): "Thorin IS a team unto himself." I never said any of the other things you're trying to attribute to me.
Remember when Thorin killed 132 hero solo and Stormwizard and Paulodjohn just stroked him gently while he 1 hit it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #107
Enduir
Auction Master

Quote:
Remember when Thorin killed 132 hero solo and Stormwizard and Paulodjohn just stroked him gently while he 1 hit it?
Plarperidge Farm remembers.

Quote:
You won't be warned again.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:22 PM   #108
Zelgaelli
Temporarily Suspended

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
cuz a level 57 knows so much about who is top 5 and why.

sanlucifer is a tough player. former champ and current title contender on his alt. he is great at pvp
only a weak mind believe lvl determines ability to use the brain..

what i say stands and ur just mad.

wen im 85 we wil duel and ill destroy you.
not cuz im pro or overskilled to the tits. its cuz i use my brain.
and you obv not "dont" but cannot..

stay jel

Old 05-01-2015, 04:57 PM   #109
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelgaelli View Post
only a weak mind believe lvl determines ability to use the brain..

what i say stands and ur just mad.

wen im 85 we wil duel and ill destroy you.
not cuz im pro or overskilled to the tits. its cuz i use my brain.
and you obv not "dont" but cannot..

stay jel
LMAO

I just had to quote this before he edited/deleted it.

He's going to get to 85 and destroy one of the best PvP players in the game. He's going to destroy someone who wins 3v1 CBs. Is Zelgaelli another one of Jaym's alter-egos? "Mayj is greatest caster in nod I will switch to DoT and then kill you easy lol"
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #110
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Quote:
LMAO

I just had to quote this before he edited/deleted it.

He's going to get to 85 and destroy one of the best PvP players in the game. He's going to destroy someone who wins 3v1 CBs. Is Zelgaelli another one of Jaym's alter-egos? "Mayj is greatest caster in nod I will switch to DoT and then kill you easy lol"
You're making me blush :{

Old 05-02-2015, 07:41 AM   #111
Yadocxer
Boss Hunter

Each and ever time there is a new post in this thread, I hope someone has something constructive to put forward about fixing arena. Instead I find a bunch-a-peckerheads in a pecker measuring contest. You guys look like a bunch of puffed-up banty roosters fighting it out in a dusty chicken house yard with a lot of posturing, back jumping, 2vs1, clucking, squawking, wing flapping and cock-a-doodling "look at who I was, what I did or what I'm going to do." Frankly, I don't care what you did in the past, what your doing today and how well or what you plan to do in the future and how op it will be. What I care about is some input to make arena better and if you can't help with that carry your pecker measuring contest to another thread. I suggest you make your own. I'm so disappointed...

Old 05-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #112
Skredperson
Boss Hunter

The only thing arena might need is a lower cap, that's it, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BEAT EVERYONE...plain and simple...there shouldn't be "fixes" for something that isn't broken...if you're not happy with your performance then adapt and try switching up your build a bit...quit whining quit saying someone else is OP and you're not...
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous mother****ers in the jungle.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #113
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skredperson View Post
The only thing arena might need is a lower cap, that's it, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BEAT EVERYONE...plain and simple...there shouldn't be "fixes" for something that isn't broken...if you're not happy with your performance then adapt and try switching up your build a bit...quit whining quit saying someone else is OP and you're not...
Damn straight. Quitcher bitchin and just play. So casters win arena. They have to click 5x as much to do it. Should get SOMETHING for their pain.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #114
banndintheusa
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadocxer View Post
Each and ever time there is a new post in this thread, I hope someone has something constructive to put forward about fixing arena. Instead I find a bunch-a-peckerheads in a pecker measuring contest. You guys look like a bunch of puffed-up banty roosters fighting it out in a dusty chicken house yard with a lot of posturing, back jumping, 2vs1, clucking, squawking, wing flapping and cock-a-doodling "look at who I was, what I did or what I'm going to do." Frankly, I don't care what you did in the past, what your doing today and how well or what you plan to do in the future and how op it will be. What I care about is some input to make arena better and if you can't help with that carry your pecker measuring contest to another thread. I suggest you make your own. I'm so disappointed...
Now you see why i made an alternate account. As soon as people know who you are they pick on your toon.

Glitch:

If a dotter / DD are both considered pure dps and need other toons to rely on... Why such the vast difference in performance between the two classes? A glass cannon dotter (ghosty) can do extremely well in solo arena, no tanks needed. Glass cannon DD?

Dead within seconds every match.

You can deft cast lavaburst r20 over and over and it will hit many opponents < 800 dmg......Yet a dotter can drop a 14k+ rupture within 15 seconds of the fight bell, draining, dazing, healing, and replenishing the whole time, effectively skirting the global cooldown. (anyone else has to cast 4 times to do what they do in one)

DD looks like it does roughly the same dps on paper but first off you have to add another 500-600 points into int vs protection. Dotters just add it to HP and CNT. Because of CNT and the damage hitting in small chunks vs rupture, you still have to overcome an opponents regen. Yet archers get the only real degen gear and you can't switch to it without a 15 second stun lol...DD literally gets shutdown from every angle.

Meanwhile, in the time it took to read this paragraph a dotter has destroyed anything under 15khp regardless of regen, and healed themselves and team for a ton.

All i ask is this:

Play a DD caster in arena for an hour. Spec it as you say "to not rely on other classes". 500+ reg, high tier EF gear. Full AOE, epic pouches. It wont matter. DD damage has effectively been shut down by most high end arena competitors. Watch how the entire opposing team attacks you after the first cast, simply because of the gem animation.

The first time you come across ghosty and get completely drained then insta die... you will say omg wtf happened!!!

Or if that sounds like too much work... just duel a mid tier dotter 1 vs 1. You CANT win.

Also,

Try playing a healer in arena, As much as i whine about DD, these guys get it really bad too.

The game mechanics are just extremely difficult. Maintaining your own mana/energy while healing others is super hard, i posted a very simple idea in the ideas forum which would vastly improve healing/effectiveness within arena

Last edited by banndintheusa; 05-02-2015 at 12:17 PM..

Old 05-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #115
Skredperson
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Now you see why i made an alternate account. As soon as people know who you are they pick on your toon.

Also,

Try playing a healer.

The game mechanics are extremely difficult. Maintaining your own mana/energy while healing others is super hard, i posted a very simple idea in the ideas forum which would vastly improve healing/effectiveness within arena

my hubby is a healer...and it's not hard for him to win...also see my last post
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous mother****ers in the jungle.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #116
banndintheusa
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skredperson View Post
my hubby is a healer...and it's not hard for him to win...also see my last post
Skred, you're a good player but the game has changed alot since you returned and you dont quite understand whats going on at the moment, particularly with pvp. I heard you voice the opinion "I do fine without timmies in arena" in civil the other day. 20 minutes later i hear you advertising if anyone would let you "Test drive a pair of timmies". I suspect you fought someone you couldnt damage, inspected them and saw timmies.

You are confused about your own toon, never mind game balances, please try not to offer senseless disagreement when we are trying to be constructive here.

That said,

Have your hubby read this from my other thread:

SUGGESTION TO FIX HEALING MECHANICS:

SINGLE CLICK FRIENDLY: will send heals to target, but replenish gems to self.
DOUBLE CLICK FRIENDLY: sends healing AND replenish to target

Fumbling for heal targets and maintaining your own mana reserves while you are getting blinded and dazed is damn near impossible. Also when clicking targets too fast the box will show as selected, but you actually aren't on the right target...causing you to miss a cooldown/heal wrong person, then reselect again which means you were too late and your teammate usually dies.

The targeting UI actions don't keep up with your input sometimes.

Last edited by banndintheusa; 05-02-2015 at 01:08 PM..

Old 05-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #117
Skredperson
Boss Hunter

rofl...we seriously need a /sarcasm in nod...yeah I'm a noob at nod I know...sigh

Old 05-02-2015, 01:40 PM   #118
Glitchless
Administrator

That is a good suggestion for making friendly target management easier, though definitely complicates things for new players. We'll consider it.

Also, we do not consider DD and DoT to both be pure DPS glass cannon builds. They deal damage differently, with DD able to do more immediate PvE beneficial frontloaded damage where as DoT does better PvP beneficial mid-fight burst damage. DoT has more potential for defense by design, whereas DD depends more on a taunting tank, otherwise it would dominate PvE. DoT is expected in general to do better than DD in PvP, and vice versa. That said, a lot of the current imbalance between the classes is simply due to DoT being able to make better use of regen, which may change when non-timmy pets are buffed. For that reason we don't want to consider the potential need for recalibrating them in PvP until the pet changes.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #119
banndintheusa
Boss Hunter

Quote:
...DoT has more potential for defense by design... DoT is expected in general to do better than DD in PvP...
Thank you glitch,

So there you have it folks, the official statement is that by design dd is weaker for PVP.

I apologize to the entire community for putting you through my previous whining, you have to understand it's because i thought this was an imbalance and after years of building a caster it was frustrating to see less experienced players beat me consistently. The "fix" i guess will be a reroll or to use one of my other toons as a dedicated PVP combatant.

Let his statements be the end of all DD caster whining:

If you wish to be truly competitive in (solo) arena, do not select a DD build.

Last edited by banndintheusa; 05-02-2015 at 02:36 PM..

Old 05-02-2015, 02:09 PM   #120
Sanluciferr
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

Quote:
Thanks glitch,

And there you have it folks an official statement, by design dd is weaker for PVP.

I apologize to all for my previous whining, you have to understand it's because i thought it was an imbalance, but as it is a deliberate design choice I guess the only options are reroll or start a new toon.

Let his statements be the end of all DD caster whining:

If you wish to be truly competitive in arena, do not select a DD build.
Hes definitely not saying that. Hes actually explaining how to use DD wisely , depending on a Tank, i assure you, depending on the situation... that DD + Tank can kill Dot + Tank.

Overall , for a solo last stand or 1vs the rest, a DOT has more potential than a DD thats for sure.

Like a wise-man once said, if u want to beat them all, you have to be all.

I also like to said that i stop posting in here in order to avoid more drama and in order to participate more in arena and i can now be sure that the more you play regardless of how good or bad in PvP you are, the more chances to go far behind on top and win or take advantage against players that cant actually Q more than 8 hours a day.

Remember, is not about whining , is about winning, in a fair and deserved way.

My whole idea or point about this thread was to be able to balance the time to participate vs the abilities to win, pretty much.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.