Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
RECOVER | REGISTER

Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #21
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Not to mention one of the 3 staves released actually was a melee build staff. There's certainly no caster favoritism, just people yelling "me first!" at a random process.

To clear up the mechanics of the staff effect since it is the first of it's kind on an item - it is the same effect provided from Sleight of Hand meaning they cannot both happen at once. 8x DDs will not occur. It does of course, stack with Sleight of Hand increasing your chance of double casting all gems which is pretty neat.
Ahh so that means quad hitting / 9x shooting won't be possible with the Greatsword and Fury bow then. Since they should be the same as double attack and triple shot. Right?

Beet Da Brat

Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #22
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetdabrat View Post
Ahh so that means quad hitting / 9x shooting won't be possible with the Greatsword and Fury bow then. Since they should be the same as double attack and triple shot. Right?

Beet Da Brat

Pretty sure this is possible. I think what Glitch was trying to say, was that the P&P staff proc actually stacks with the DT bp proc, since both are items. You get one double/tri from skills, and one from items. This would also mean, archers will see a few x5 procs(1 arrow of a trishot getting a multi proc), but x7 and x9s will be VERY rare.

My only real question, is does the multi attack +% work for arrowrain as well, since that's technically multiple targets. But I think those are considered other attacks, so it would just increase the chance of arrowrain being trishots.

Specific clarification on these would be great though

Last edited by StormGuardian; 12-05-2012 at 04:25 AM..

Old 12-05-2012, 04:45 AM   #23
>.>
Auction Master

I asked glitch some time ago, multi hit procs affect both trishot and arrowrain for archers so the LoD whips have 3.5% increase to both and the multi hit bow has a 7% increase to both

Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #24
Fior
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormGuardian
...This would also mean, archers will see a few x5 procs(1 arrow of a trishot getting a multi proc), but x7 and x9s will be VERY rare...
Well..., will be more often if armors or weapons have higher tier.

Last edited by Fior; 12-05-2012 at 05:55 AM..

Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #25
Glitchless
Administrator

Doubling a gem cast (can be done via Sleight of Hand or the proc on the new LG staff) is a different mechanism from doubling an attack (attack includes any melee, ranged, pet, or DD). Because of this a gem cast can be doubled and then the resulting DD can then be double resulting in a 4x DD or a 2x heal/other effect on a single target. Double attacks and trishots are types of multiattacks and the skills and bonuses that increase their chance do just that: they increase the chance of the multiattack. They do not have a chance to produce quad attacks or 9x shots by the virtue of having multiple sources increasing the chance. The extra attacks triggered from a multiattack cannot trigger another multiattack.

Arrow Rain is a mechanism that is triggered prior to an attack that forks that attack to multiple targets. Each individual arrow rain attack could potentially trigger a trishot, but none of those trishots can trigger another arrow rain or trishot. So vs. 3 targets you could potentially get a trishot vs. each and have 9 shots total from a single shot, but that couldn't happen vs. a single target.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #26
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Quote:
Doubling a gem cast (can be done via Sleight of Hand or the proc on the new LG staff) is a different mechanism from doubling an attack (attack includes any melee, ranged, pet, or DD). Because of this a gem cast can be doubled and then the resulting DD can then be double resulting in a 4x DD or a 2x heal/other effect on a single target. Double attacks and trishots are types of multiattacks and the skills and bonuses that increase their chance do just that: they increase the chance of the multiattack. They do not have a chance to produce quad attacks or 9x shots by the virtue of having multiple sources increasing the chance. The extra attacks triggered from a multiattack cannot trigger another multiattack.

Arrow Rain is a mechanism that is triggered prior to an attack that forks that attack to multiple targets. Each individual arrow rain attack could potentially trigger a trishot, but none of those trishots can trigger another arrow rain or trishot. So vs. 3 targets you could potentially get a trishot vs. each and have 9 shots total from a single shot, but that couldn't happen vs. a single target.
As I thought, ty. Still an almost 31% chance to double attack with both the slasher and bow at 100 double attack is nice. Also a 13% chance for double pet attacks and casts is also nice.

Beet Da Brat

Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #27
Master
Boss Hunter

Omg op.. I didnt think about pets

Old 12-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #28
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

Thanks for clarifying Glitch! Some sweet procs, needless to say

Old 12-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #29
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
Omg op.. I didnt think about pets
Yep with both whips and the bow would be

3.5%
3.5%
7%
20% @ 100 double attack

= 1 - (0.965 * 0.965 * 0.93 * 0.8)
= 1 - (0.693)
= 0.307
= 30.7% chance to double attack with each whip

and

= 1 - (0.965 * 0.965 * 0.93)
= 1 - (0.866)
= 0.134
= 13.4% chance for pet double attacks and dd double casts.

And these are tier 1s 0.o
Beet Da Brat

Last edited by beetdabrat; 12-05-2012 at 11:52 PM..

Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #30
Froth
Gem Pouch Expert

What would tha stave look like witha scope on it : )

Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #31
Huggles
Epic Scholar

I wonder if Jess feels silly for not selling her staff now that a better one has been released and hers is greatly diminished in value.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #32
Cyress
Boss Hunter

Jess was never interested in its "Value".

She just has serious hate issues and "would not want to be indirectly helping someone on her hate list, by making the staff availible".

Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #33
Jesspalm
Boss Hunter

No, I don't feel "silly." Because I don't care if other staves have been released or about the sellable value of the one I own.

And While it's true I don't want to help the trailer trash sleeze that inhabits some corners of nod, I wouldn't have taken the time to buy the staff in the first place if I didn't see value in it. I got it because it complemented my character. There is value in the staff, to me. And that is why I have it.

If you're going to assume my reasons, have all the facts.