New Arena Type
Old 02-01-2015, 12:26 AM   #1
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Default New Arena Type

Will there be a hotkey/queue whole group option?

Beet Da Brat

Old 02-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #2
Alesandra
Gem Pouch Expert

What does this mean for group farming? Will you be unable to be in a group at all while qued in arena or will it just end combat and pull the individual qued into a fight?

Old 02-01-2015, 12:58 AM   #3
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesandra View Post
What does this mean for group farming? Will you be unable to be in a group at all while qued in arena or will it just end combat and pull the individual qued into a fight?
I think it is situations like these that will warrant the delayed season start. I would assume it would interrupt combat like it does now and pull the affected character in. Hopefully refunding the rrt to the whole group.

Beet Da Brat

Old 02-01-2015, 01:20 AM   #4
Nemesiss
Auction Master

so, with this in mind, any plans to make bm's any at all usefull in arena since the fix/nerf, perhaps give those skills that were mentioned but never made? or plan to nerf dot from the supreme op that they are specificaly disease dot, or give a actual usefull counter?

Old 02-01-2015, 02:29 AM   #5
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Piercer is the only useful melee type (because of poisonbolt bypassing AC). Whip/crush/slash are pretty useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:56 AM   #6
Baewi
Gem Pouch Expert

All I can say is that this new arena season sounds exciting.
Bring on the insanity!
Bring on the chaos!
Separate the weak from the strong, quitters from winners, and whiners from the confident!
Hail Nodiatis!

Old 02-01-2015, 04:05 AM   #7
Huggles
Epic Scholar

There needs to be punishment for AFKing in this new system. I feel it is unfair to queue and go afk and leave your teammates out to dry- that's why I've always tried to do arena with reliable people. I understand internet dies or urgent urination is required, but there are some people who queue and go run a marathon or write a symphony and that's just annoying.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #8
Oneangel
Rare Collector

Quote:
There needs to be punishment for AFKing in this new system. I feel it is unfair to queue and go afk and leave your teammates out to dry- that's why I've always tried to do arena with reliable people. I understand internet dies or urgent urination is required, but there are some people who queue and go run a marathon or write a symphony and that's just annoying.
I completely agree with this, there will be many that just queue for tokens and go afk otherwise. I do like this concept overall, should be fun..or at least chaos which I guess is the point and should be entertaining.

However, this is a huge nerf to the new legendary gem, and to pure tanks that would need a healer. It also massively favours the toons with multiple suits/builds ie the wealthiest toons. I think if we had more information which we could give feedback to that would be really helpful for developing a fun and workable system.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 02-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #9
Fastizio
Crab Defiler

Sounds promising. Curious how it will deal with griefers who intentionally will throw fights though. A punishment for fixing fights will be one thing, but how to distinguish them from those who just have crappy connection?

Old 02-01-2015, 04:41 AM   #10
scrambles
Gem Pouch Expert

<----- the cat's pajamas

Old 02-01-2015, 05:51 AM   #11
Davross
The Eldest Pilgrim

Im looking forward to trying this out, well done Glitch on trying to improve current arena

[

Old 02-01-2015, 06:26 AM   #12
Ballrog
Boss Hunter

New Arena format is not a good idea. Too many problems to list will arise from this. Since you have not tested nor finished 'writing' it, please consider keeping existing format the same. Just have a different Arena queue to enter for your 'chaos' format.

Two Arena queues to enter: One, as before, with your group, and a second as an individual.

gl

Old 02-01-2015, 06:54 AM   #13
Excellence
Seer's BFF

Seriously Glitch this is horrible, the whole fun of arena was exactly that 3vs3 and syncing with your teammates, if I want to test how am I doing I can just duel people and see how I do, this is really stupid and ruins whole part of arena. Make this 2nd arena or something or don't call it arena, since what arena was and this are nothing similiar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
You'd be surprised how much Excellence helped me in arena, he carried me both seasons so I can't thank him enough for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
ill admit ex is a real toon though... >_> god i'll never hear the end of my saying that

Old 02-01-2015, 07:23 AM   #14
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

What if you got the names of your team mates 5 mins before the fight starts. That way you could actually use some strategy to try and win. I know it will be frustrating for hardcore arena participants who will get paired with randoms and have no chance to analyze how to best work together. Wouldnt the greatest arena mind be one of strategy not luck

I am all for changing it up by the way. More interesting. Although i would prefer if there was a little tactics involved, before been blindly thrown into a fight against god knows who or what.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #15
Zaark
Boss Hunter

Loving it.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #16
Degladius
Boss Hunter

I agree that this new system might be less interesting for healers, but it will be a lot of fun.
You won't have a strategy for a team, but will have to adapt to each fight...
And for players that like me play in the arena with low level alts it will be a lot more interesting... maybe this will be the opportunity to go up in the ranks

and now for the greatest trick of all
Old 02-01-2015, 09:35 AM   #17
Yadocxer
Boss Hunter

Default and now for the greatest trick of all

The darkened room, filled with excited whispers and mummers, fell silent as the magician approached the podium....His deep brassy voice fills the hall, "And now for the Greatest Trick of all! I will pull a new arena system out of my Hat..."

Awesome concept Glitch! Awesome possibilities! Lots to consider to make this system 'work well' for all. And since this is Super Bowl Sunday, I will throw in an American Football term: Don't fumble the ball (new arena system).

Good Luck Ol? Magical Master

Old 02-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #18
Master
Boss Hunter

So you SOLO Q up... what if you are in a group with another person fighting a mob and that person does not arena.. do you get pulled in? if so what happens after you get pulled in? Many different scenarios for that as well...

Another thing, If i have say 1000 personal rating, do i need to wait till others have 1000 personal rating to get frequent fights?

If I keep getting teamed up with noobs who are afk and just want the tokens or arena bonus, can i rage on them?

Am I going to be helping OTHER clans and THEIR members get DOM and TER? Im not cool with that at all.

Just a few thoughts that I remembered, I had more but forgot.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #19
Thesin
Crab Defiler

I'm looking forward to trying this out.
I'm assuming queue will now be individual, and thus the bonus will be too?

Quote:
They may have just gotten the squirts.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:23 PM   #20
Fior
Temporarily Suspended

Can u please make just pure 1 vs 1 arena and no jumbo-mambo something else ?
OK, can be simple and pure 1 vs 1 arena besides jumbo-mambo somthing else arena.
Thank you.