Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Some nooby questions.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
theenigma7

Default Some nooby questions.

Hello all. I just found Nodiatis yesterday and am already loving it. I have a level 5 Regener and a level 2 Archer. I have a few questions that if you guys would answer for me i would be greatly in your debt.

1. Can you max all of the skills on just one character? if so i am going to figure out what one of the current 2 I like best and just play one instead of splitting my time between two.

2. When you upgrade to a premium account it only upgrades that one character and not both if you have 2 of them correct?

3. If I have a bow and a staff equipped and then go in to combat and attack with my bow, will I still have the benefits fro my staff ( spell critical and reduced mana cost for spells) even if I am not attackign with it and using my bow instead? ANd woudl this not make a bow/staff combo the best for archers/rangers?

Last edited by theenigma7; 08-07-2009 at 11:11 AM..

Old 08-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
sherman

1. The max skill level is 280 if I remember correctly, so the answer is no.

2. You have to buy separate premium status for each character.

3. You cannot equip a bow and staff to my knowledge. Only one or the other.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Serylena

I've got as really small addition to make to what Sherman said:
1. The max in the stat skill category is 280. So your combined Melee, Magic, Defense and Recovery can't exeed 280.
All the other skills can be lvled up to 100.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
zenga
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by theenigma7 View Post
Hello all. I just found Nodiatis yesterday and am already loving it. I have a level 5 Regener and a level 2 Archer. I have a few questions that if you guys would answer for me i would be greatly in your debt.

1. Can you max all of the skills on just one character? if so i am going to figure out what one of the current 2 I like best and just play one instead of splitting my time between two.

2. When you upgrade to a premium account it only upgrades that one character and not both if you have 2 of them correct?

3. If I have a bow and a staff equipped and then go in to combat and attack with my bow, will I still have the benefits fro my staff ( spell critical and reduced mana cost for spells) even if I am not attackign with it and using my bow instead? ANd woudl this not make a bow/staff combo the best for archers/rangers?
1. An archer his stats at the lvl 70 cap could look like 80 melee, 100 magic, 100 defense, 0 recovery, which obviously means 280 (/4= lvl 70) is the max levels you can gain combined in magic, melee, defense and recovery. The total of those 4 stats determine your player level. One single stat can be max 100.

My question for you: why don't you play both chars at the same time? It's a big asset when you have 2 (or even 3) alts grouped: you can 'spread' the skills among your chars (like 1 has good heals, the other can tank & taunts, ...) + you will kill faster and can pass on trophies to the char that needs them.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Sapreaver
Temporarily Suspended

you can only pass the trophies if you are paid though :/

Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
theenigma7

What I have been doing is letting it auto cycle the stats as they level, that would end up at 70/70/70/70. Is neglecting one stat for the sake of others a popular and suggested route to take? And if so is regeneration usually the one to be sacrificed due to the fact that you can use magic to fill your hp/energy/mana back up instead of the regeneration stats ?

Sorry, so much to learn. It seems like I may be re rolling my current characters.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by theenigma7 View Post
What I have been doing is letting it auto cycle the stats as they level, that would end up at 70/70/70/70. Is neglecting one stat for the sake of others a popular and suggested route to take? And if so is regeneration usually the one to be sacrificed due to the fact that you can use magic to fill your hp/energy/mana back up instead of the regeneration stats ?

Sorry, so much to learn. It seems like I may be re rolling my current characters.
Neglecting one stat allows more customization for the other stats, allowing you to make a better build.

Recovery is neglected because it is the common thing to do, however that doesn't necessarily make it the best thing to do.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
theenigma7

Ok I see, thanks for the info. Just trying to get all of this down. I am guessing that even at 0 regeneration it will not take like 15 minutes to refill after you battle.

I think I am starting to figure things out lol.

A few minutes of learning is better than hours of redoing a screw up.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
klippi

Most people think a 100 1 100 79 build is best for melee but i think its 79 1 100 100

For archers, its probably 60 80 100 40 but most go 79 100 100 1

Casters,, its 79 100 100 1. dont know much about these guys.

Last edited by klippi; 08-08-2009 at 12:18 AM..

Old 08-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #10
Ehlmaris

For my Paladin Tank, I'm going with 100 79 100 1. My Weaponmaster is getting 100 1 100 79, and my Archer is getting 100 100 79 1.

*is out of his mind*

Old 08-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #11
Hopilus
Epic Scholar

for my caster, i did 70, 100, 80, 30. and i happen to like that set up. allows for decent staff damage, awesome magic damage, decent agi and dur, and the ability to regen the little hp that needs to regen while resourcing

for my paladin, im doing 100, 20, 100, 60. i know, not the norm, but....i like to not be normal
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #12
theenigma7

Awesoeme guys thanks for all of the info, it was a big help.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #13
Sapreaver
Temporarily Suspended

If you are going to keep your regainer you will want 100 recovery on that character so like 79 1 100 100 this way you can make the best use of your class bonus

Old 08-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
Hunters Bane
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapreaver View Post
If you are going to keep your regainer
Regener
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 08-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #15
Sapreaver
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Bane View Post
Regener
Wow what a meaning full off topic post. ?sarcasm if you are going to post in a thread for any reason at least try to add something of meaning to it no just be a spelling Nazi

Old 08-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #16
Hunters Bane
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapreaver View Post
Wow what a meaning full off topic post. ?sarcasm if you are going to post in a thread for any reason at least try to add something of meaning to it no just be a spelling Nazi
You don't
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 08-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #17
theenigma7

Well i read up on the Regener and decided to re roll both characters. I went for a Rogue and a Ranger, I chose them because they both seem to have really nice class bonuses (both will end up being very similar but I doubt that will bother me, one being Ranged/green and the other melee/green basically.)

My Ranger will probably end up as 79/100/100/1, and my Rogue as
100/79/100/1.

The thought of a zero magic character intrigues me but I cant help but think that they would be slightly less powerful with out some one to back up heal them, with the low mana pool and the inability to cast spells with out them being resisted they are giving up on in battle heals, dots, direct damage spells and all kinds of things. But then again I am a noob, and probably wrong.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #18
zenga
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

You don't need to level the magic stat to be able to use heals. The gaia's blessing heals do not consume energy/mana and are at the higher levels more than strong enough to cover any taken damage.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #19
theenigma7

I have noticed that mana and energy does not raise as you level like hp does. Should I add to them with my level points? And if so about how much energy/mana will a late game Rogue or Ranger or for that matter any melee/magic hybrid need? I am using the free Gaia's Blessing heal spells but I also like to use Regrowth, Antigenesis, and Roots of Vengeance with my Rogue and Ranger and would like to make sure that i have plenty of mana and energy to run them late game, rather than just casting one of them then being drained of both.