Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Early Builds in General
Old 09-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Knale

Default Early Builds in General

I tried digging around for this, but didn't find a clear and concise answer or even generality.

I know you get more trophies (and thus more skill EXP) from fighting enemies that are a higher level, but at the same time, you weaken yourself by lacking stats. At higher levels, this has little meaning since your stats are so specialized, but at much lower levels (less than 10), the stats seem to matter more. Is it better to keep at the appropriate levels for a while and start to under level later when your stats have started to beef up or do it as early as possible?

When deciding what to spend trophies on, is it better to dump them into single skills that will drastically exceed your level or keep them no more than a certain level above? (IE: Level 10+ skills when you are level 5)

Are crit skills important at early levels or the utility skills? (Blocking, parrying, impedance, tetsudo)?

Is there some website that has early/beginner guides that go into these details?

Old 09-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Hunters Bane
Auction Master

Keep certain skills around you level as much as possible. bumping skills 3+ your level is usually done to get certain weapons/armor
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 09-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
Knale

Okay.

What about intentionally underleveling early? (I find fighting enemies more than 2 above my level really difficult even though I feel I have a fair idea of what I'm doing)

And crits or support skills?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
klippi

You gain xp at a lower pace fighting those below your level.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #5
Hunters Bane
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knale View Post
What about intentionally underleveling early? (I find fighting enemies more than 2 above my level really difficult even though I feel I have a fair idea of what I'm doing)

And crits or support skills?
Yeah, underleveling some skills is fine, you can't always have everything perfect.

For crits, crit strike increase the chance to make a crit and overcrit just increases the damage.

Support skills (I'm guessing protection stuff) main skills imo is suiting, impedance and parry.

Level what you need to, there will be plenty of chances to play catch up later on.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver