Old 04-17-2019, 08:24 AM   #21
Lakki
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Lakki's Avatar
 
Lakki is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arizona or anywhere sandy!
Posts: 285
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Brother is currently at 347 accomplishments.
Okay so, we have to bother brother to finish up his accomplishments, then you give us more counters to drains?

I dunno if you are trolling us, or what? O.o , just keep in mind that this 45k gold gem destroys pretty much every build in a very, strong, (almost) unable to be effectively countered, unless you're just sitting there with a few prevents and cuddles and hope for the best.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #22
Redeye
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Redeye's Avatar
 
Redeye is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 289
Default

I do have a suggestion.

Prevent gems have a significantly higher chance of preventing any drain gems.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #23
Raidens
Boss Hunter
 
Raidens is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki View Post
Okay so, we have to bother brother to finish up his accomplishments, then you give us more counters to drains?

I dunno if you are trolling us, or what? O.o , just keep in mind that this 45k gold gem destroys pretty much every build in a very, strong, (almost) unable to be effectively countered, unless you're just sitting there with a few prevents and cuddles and hope for the best.
personally. no. It doesn't. not one team in the top 5 of last season could really be drained. due to staff of shielding. Impervious also give 100% immunity to attack based. And if you theft you can also gain enough back on a hit to activate your gems. ROL is the biggest counter to gems needing mana/erg.

which is why it's an LG gem and is worth the 14.5m price tag. only casters can really make use f drains. HK is using them this season inbetween healing, then goes dot when the tank is drained. it is a bit annoying dying like that to a cheap af gem, albeit i don't think they need to be nerfed/countered much. I think the duration/amount on the drain should be halved. don't forget some builds RELY on drains to be optimal. some dcdd's get a bit swamped without the drain giving them mana back.

Personally, way to solve this is to make an epic impervious, that stops say 75% of all drains on you. 100% is broke. but 75% of all is a niche amount. and epic, coz lg is not worth the gold sink, and i'd rather new lg's for NEW builds. that's my 2 cents
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #24
Holyspirit
Crab Defiler
 
Holyspirit is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 71
Default

Not speaking for anyone but if Brother's hard earned reward will serve tsu and few others it's just lame especially if Brother will not use new LG at all.

For me personally (and all my friends agree with me) it would make sense to make LG based on suggestion of a person who completed bounty (likely Brother in this case).

Of course it would be tailored and adjusted by admin to stay within reasonable values/procs.

Doing so it will make any future bounty more desirable and more would compete to get it first.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2019, 11:53 AM   #25
Lakki
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Lakki's Avatar
 
Lakki is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arizona or anywhere sandy!
Posts: 285
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidens View Post
personally. no. It doesn't. not one team in the top 5 of last season could really be drained. due to staff of shielding. Impervious also give 100% immunity to attack based. And if you theft you can also gain enough back on a hit to activate your gems. ROL is the biggest counter to gems needing mana/erg.

which is why it's an LG gem and is worth the 14.5m price tag. only casters can really make use f drains. HK is using them this season inbetween healing, then goes dot when the tank is drained. it is a bit annoying dying like that to a cheap af gem, albeit i don't think they need to be nerfed/countered much. I think the duration/amount on the drain should be halved. don't forget some builds RELY on drains to be optimal. some dcdd's get a bit swamped without the drain giving them mana back.

Personally, way to solve this is to make an epic impervious, that stops say 75% of all drains on you. 100% is broke. but 75% of all is a niche amount. and epic, coz lg is not worth the gold sink, and i'd rather new lg's for NEW builds. that's my 2 cents
I asked for a counter to the staff of shielding as well, in my former post on this thread. because that shield is OP af too, both healers i had on my team last season had it, and pretty much any top team will use it, unless you rely on stun lock team setup. Because in all honesty, there isn't really a strong counter to the staff, i mean, we have reaper aura to make them heal less, as well as shattering the angelics, but it just doesn't seem like enough lol. Because i believe others should be able to deal with drains, without being helpless, but also be able to counter people using that drainproof staff too. epic or LG imperv be nice, but I wonder if gem would be enough, and if we'd see weapons, quiver, pet, arrow, or something else to help with being drained, as well as avoiding drainproofs ( countering, a counter)... you know?
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2019, 12:25 PM   #26
Tsutsu
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Tsutsu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidens View Post
personally. no. It doesn't. not one team in the top 5 of last season could really be drained. due to staff of shielding. Impervious also give 100% immunity to attack based. And if you theft you can also gain enough back on a hit to activate your gems. ROL is the biggest counter to gems needing mana/erg.

which is why it's an LG gem and is worth the 14.5m price tag. only casters can really make use f drains. HK is using them this season inbetween healing, then goes dot when the tank is drained. it is a bit annoying dying like that to a cheap af gem, albeit i don't think they need to be nerfed/countered much. I think the duration/amount on the drain should be halved. don't forget some builds RELY on drains to be optimal. some dcdd's get a bit swamped without the drain giving them mana back.

Personally, way to solve this is to make an epic impervious, that stops say 75% of all drains on you. 100% is broke. but 75% of all is a niche amount. and epic, coz lg is not worth the gold sink, and i'd rather new lg's for NEW builds. that's my 2 cents
We're not talking attack based drains at all... Good luck thefting someone with a staff of shielding that procs off GoL.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #27
blackpanther
Boss Hunter
 
blackpanther is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 144
Default

Has anyone tried to use the stats of PRe and MRe , backed with the runes that support regeneration of those two stats. I have, I used it in 1v1 arena format when facing a dotter, plus with other counter measures to dotters. It wasn't perfect but it got what I wanted done. CNT wasn't good enough, so much CNT wasn't doing it, so I made the adjustment to PRe and MRe.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #28
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF
 
paulodjohn's Avatar
 
paulodjohn is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: china town
Posts: 552
Default

BP has a valid point. More Mre and Pre will solve a lot of problems.

Also i think CNT was changed recently, based on my understanding its not more powerful now.

Please dont give brother a lg that counters drains. Put it on a lg beast.

Give him something half decent
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #29
flipynifty
Epic Scholar
 
flipynifty's Avatar
 
flipynifty is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,409
Send a message via MSN to flipynifty
Default

attempting to counter 600 mst drain over 20s that can be stacked repeatedly if draws are lucky using mre or pre would be insufficient.
__________________


omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #30
Tsutsu
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Tsutsu is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 423
Default

mre/pre isn't enough. 1 drain gem counters like 600 mre/pre.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #31
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF
 
paulodjohn's Avatar
 
paulodjohn is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: china town
Posts: 552
Default

Glitch drains are now completely useless. what gives?

The more stuff that is changed to the point they cant be used the worse this game gets. Already way too many of the same build out there. Wheres the diversity gone? Dont change something so much that they no longer have a place in the game.

Make drains 10 seconds at least
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #32
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulodjohn View Post
Glitch drains are now completely useless. what gives?

The more stuff that is changed to the point they cant be used the worse this game gets. Already way too many of the same build out there. Wheres the diversity gone? Dont change something so much that they no longer have a place in the game.

Make drains 10 seconds at least
The more viable builds, the better, so that is a goal to shoot for. However, drains, like stun locks, were not a fun game mechanic, and it is unlikely that buffing them is the route that would be taken to increase viable builds.

Please specify the builds you think are too prevalent or overpowered as well as the builds you think should be viable, but aren't. Only then we can look at other means of assisting the builds that are unable to compete in the current system.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM
Boards live since 05-21-2008


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.