Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Pet Enchantments
Old 12-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Default Pet Enchantments

I know many folks, including me, enchantment pets with strength for additional damage (and presumably healing). I've tested that, and it does seem to help.

Yesterday I equipped a Siberian Tiger. It is probably better than the Polar Bear I've been using for a long time (sorry, not rich enough to buy a second Gator or Yeti, and have terrible luck at getting a non-epic pet as a drop right before going Yeti hunting). So anyway, here is my question:

I've noticed the Siberian Tiger misses often; it's accuracy is only excellent, which is terrible in this game. Doing some fights using only my pets in N. Lake, I noticed my Gator also misses fairly often, even with its epic accuracy. I had heroic mode turned off for these tests, because heroic mode does seem to reduce accuracy.

Has anyone actually tested adding dexterity to pets, instead of or in addition to strength, to see if that increases their hit probability? Glitchless has said, in his usual non-committal way, that enchantments do work on pets. High level dexterity enchanting stones are expensive. I'd rather not spend the game gold testing this if another player already has, and found that it is, or is not, worth doing.

Thanks.

TJ

Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Underkid
Boss Hunter

blinks*

im interested...

Old 12-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
jaym
Gem Pouch Expert

support

Nix that idea
Old 12-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Karrodin
Neophyte

Default Nix that idea

I specifically read, somewhere on here, Glitchless posting that only Str works.

He was very committal about that.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Brookeland
Crab Defiler

I tested about 2 years ago @ 70 cap, results weren't very good then, but im sure glitch has moved forward since then, looking forward to the answer too ??

*Waits in anticipation*

Old 12-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
jaym
Gem Pouch Expert

Glitchy call 911 please...............

Old 12-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
NoRemorse
Seer's BFF

dex does nothing for pets , stories like int and cnt should have effect (been countered and proved wrong in game and by glitch)

Old 12-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
jaym
Gem Pouch Expert

lol

Old 12-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaym View Post
support
hmmm

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 12-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Glitchless has only said pet stones work as you would expect them to. STR and DEX both work, having been tested by every semi-decent whipper in the history of nod.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #11
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Thanks Tale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Str and Dex will help a pet deal more damage and hit more often, however, Int does not currently affect the amount of healing a pet can do.
That's exactly what I was looking for.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:53 AM   #12
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Here's an update.

I've had the Siberian Tiger equipped now for about two weeks. I found a +20 strength +16 dexterity stone in the auction house and replaced the +35 strength I had on the Tiger.

It's accuracy went way up. My other pet is a Gator, and my wound skill hasn't yet hit 99. So I can watch for pet critical hits. If one triggers a bleed, it was caused by the Gator. If one doesn't it was caused by the Tiger. I get about the same amount of both type of pet critical hits. Total misses are a bit harder to tell if they were pets, or my bow.

Bottom line is adding dexterity to pets that don't already have epic accuracy does seem to improve their accuracy. With just a +35 strength stone on the Tiger, it was missing often. With a +20 strength +16 dexterity it seems to be hitting about as often as the Gator.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Since posting all this last December I've continued to play with this idea, and have moved on to a Yeti and Gator, with two Siberian Tigers on my alternate equipment set. Both epic pets have epic accuracy. The Yeti have a +37 strength stone, and the Gator had a +35 strength stone. Both Siberian Tigers have a mixed +20 strength +16 dexterity stone.

Both epic pets did fine up through Deadman's Valley in normal mode. I noticed that both seemed to miss a lot in Goblin Swamp (+5 & +6 mobs), as well as North Lake heroic mode. So I decided to give them the "Tiger" treatment. Now both are sporting a +18 dexterity +20 strength stone, and the frequency of misses has decreased.

This wasn't a carefully controlled scientific experiment; I didn't record hits and misses for hours with the old stones and then record hits and misses for hours with the new stones. These are just perceptions. For the old stones, the perceptions reflect several months of playing with both epic pets in Goblin Swamp and in North Lake in heroic mode. I've played with the new stones for about a day and a half. Not a large sample size I readily admit. Still, my perception is that both pets are hitting more often, thereby increasing kill speed.

I'm satisfied that adding a mixed dexterity and strength stone to a pet is the right way to go.

TH

Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
NemesisKnight
Gem Pouch Expert

I've always used and advocated a 1:2 ration of dex:str on my pets. Currently the yetis are sporting a +12 dex +26 str. I've never been disappointed.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
Gurnison
Gem Pouch Expert

I always assumed that pets were done the same as weapons. And I thought they did slashing damage.

*If* pets are treated like a slashing weapon, then without skill modifications, a Gator with 205 Dex and epic accuracy would hit as often as a human slasher with 205 Dex and epic accuracy. Skills like Precision and Strikethrough will modify the hit rate for slashers. Pets don't have any skills that affect hit rate so you can never expect them to hit as often as a human slasher.

Since humans/mobs have different AGI and skills, a compromise might be to have one pet with higher Dex and the other with higher Str. It might also depend on if you want the pet more for healing or dps. For healing Dex won't matter.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
Gurnison
Gem Pouch Expert

@Nem, I didn't see your post. I was also thinking of 2:1 Str : Dex for slashers. But that's added to the base of 100. So 2:1 for a 205 Dex gator would be 310 Str, which can't be done. However Dex is not linear, so if it falls below a certain amount it doesn't hit often enough for Str to even matter. There will be some magic combination of Dex and Str to give max dps or healing, and that will depend on what you're fighting.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

This is interesting discussion.

I have always ran pure str stones and found them most effective. I fight black/purple mobs.

I have ran 2:1 stones before and saw a significant drop in damage output with little or no increase in accuracy.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
Qtpie
Temporarily Suspended

the dyson vacuum is better than a hoover.

trolllololololol