Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Clan Alignment Suggestions
Old 03-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Incredible
Rat Slayer

Default Clan Alignment Suggestions

Ok so the current incentive is that if you war and win you gain more rp, dom and ter depending on your Faithkeeper, Earthscorcher skill level. This is good for the whole clan as runes will be alot more easily active and epics alot more easily activated however this may not be enough to make people want to venture out of town to farm.

I know this patch is early and many of the actual future details have not been mentioned yet but here are some suggestions to make people want to actually take part.

1) Make a sort of daily quest for each faction if completed the faction or the player gets a bonus of some sort available from the seer for a limited amount of time. example: Valiant must slay 15 Malevolent's by end of hour to receive special bonus i.e 1 hour free potion effects, 1 hour of increased xp bonus, 1 hour of increased gold or trophy bonus (something worth fighting for)

Yes i know this system could be exploited due to the fact you could have a main clan and an alt clan being different factions and then complete the quests within the hour on the alt clan to gain bonus's so that might be one to think about.

2) Another idea would be to grant each faction a special bonus every day to help them fight the opposing factions. Each bonus would be random for each faction. Ideas for that random bonus are easy to think of... gold, dmg bonus, perhaps even a specific stat bonus such as Int, Str, Cnc, Dur etc.

One stat buff as the daily faction bonus. A problem with this would be that if one faction got say a certain bonus that favoured only afew (for example, if a faction got Reg stat bonus then alot of the casters would probably not benefit from it where as a regener or tank player will. This might make people jump factions just to reap the benefits of the faction on that specific day so would have to be some kind of restriction on that.

These are 2 suggestions to make people actually want to go out and hunt opposing factions. I'm sure glitch has already thought about these and will probably announce these types of incentives soon but i just wanted to see what people thought and also perhaps give Glitch some details he may not of thought about.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

Agreed incredible.

At this point, no major clan will commit to a faction.

With bonuses, I can see big clans coming out of their turtle shells

Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert

tumb up

Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert

and other tumb too

Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

Yes, i agree. Im sure Glitchless is already thinking and stuying what to add and how to add it, benefits based on DOM/TERR would be a smart way to go so people dont just create 2ndry clans that they dont care just to get the same benefits as the big clans.

So people actually go to a side with their main clans.

Cant wait for the benefits to come so we can start to enjoy this fantastic concept.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

fantastic, i agree san. Haven't seen you so cheerful in a long while

Old 03-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
>.>
Auction Master

I still say /M and /V chats for similar aligned people would make it easier to group up and kill the other side without pming

Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #8
concede
Temporarily Suspended

perhaps readjust it slightly.

Have this be like arena

Glitch divides clans based on xp totals/arena tops. I am sure he would be able to rank 3 or 4 clans above others and then a middle group and all of the stragglers

It would be a 3/4 month event where sides are predetermined.

Winning Faction would then get a 1 month bonus to xp/gold/trophies/ess/ whatever it may be.

Rp would be gained at a significantly lower rate.
(No loss from clans rp but original rp/terr/dom gains are 1/10th of normal value, skills increase this)

Prevents exploit and gets EVERYONE involved. Those who are just here to farm have to rely on clannies and based on clans size are able to appoint diplomats (10 diplomats for a clan of maximum capacity) whom cannot be attacked under these war circumstances(only original war stipulations).

Old 03-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

The problem with all these ideas, even the new patch, is the presumption that everyone wants to PVP every time they leave town. Heck, that might even be true for a few players, but based on the very real skull-Merc from 18 months ago, and what I could observe from the Satan-Merc war about a year ago, an awful lot of players aren't interested in continuous PVP. Skull dropped from 94 members to 44 members within 36 hours after the war stated, as players left in droves. Some of the players that left were (and still are) some of the most active and highly respected players in Nod. Of the remainder, about half asked to be demoted to civilian so they couldn't be attacked. Of the remaining 20 or so, a few actively participated in the war; the rest just hoped they wouldn't be attacked too often. The leaders of skull (I wasn't one of them at the time) decided to intentionally lose to an alt clan just to end the war with Merc and then rebuild. It seems the Satan-Merc war played out about the same way.

The new patch sort of addresses the end the war without destroying the clan issue, but even losing 50% of your territory and dominance is pretty harsh if you've invested a lot of time and effort in building both of them up. It takes a lot of both to activate high level runes, and that takes a lot of time to establish.

The new patch doesn't address the concern of folks who don't want to be attacked every time they leave town. Even folks who play pretty actively do go afk from time to time, even if it's just to use the bathroom. It's disconcerting to come back and find yourself sitting in town, and if you don't have grinder, watching your RT counter go down while you regenerate your health. If you play multiple accounts simultaneously, even if you do hear the battle gong (which I got Glitchless to add during the skull-Merc war), by the time you tab around and figure out which character is fighting, the character can be half dead. It was these kind of events that caused so many players to leave the clan.

The solution may be what a few folks are trying to set up, which is secondary clans focused exclusively on clan wars using the new system. That's nice for the folks who want to join those new clans, but doesn't do anything for existing clans.

TJ

Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

I agree, unless something is done, no major clans will commit to a faction

Even if you say, all valients gain 5% damage, all malevolent gain 5% mitigation, I do not think major clans will commit. At least I don't think skull will choose a faction even for the bonus.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
Mangayatay
Boss Hunter

make it all gains and no looses on rp/terr/dom to all participating clans for this patch. then have clannie option to be diplomat or to actively join a war. im sure this could bridge the very reason why a huge clan wont gamble such a risk of open/real war. plus, if the benefits of all gains and no looses even in slight figures is a very enticing ideas and quite a tempt for a clan (big or small)
And suck the blood of all thy race;

Old 03-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
Iceblood
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer View Post
Yes, i agree. Im sure Glitchless is already thinking and stuying what to add and how to add it, benefits based on DOM/TERR would be a smart way to go so people dont just create 2ndry clans that they dont care just to get the same benefits as the big clans.

So people actually go to a side with their main clans.

Cant wait for the benefits to come so we can start to enjoy this fantastic concept.
I think the same. Any additional incentives should be linked to that clan that wars to avoid people just creating alt clans to battle; however, there doesn't seem to be enough incentive for many of the larger clans to pull the trigger yet or create new main clans with likeminded people to begin to use this.

Maybe tax matching for RP? Or runes of a clan that chooses a side cost less or have greater benefits?

Agree bonuses linked to the clan that chooses a side is the key.

I think this patch is great and want to try and encourage greater participation in the way it was intended.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
Milkchan
Gem Pouch Expert

i'd say let civilians use runes.
also to prevent all players in each clan beeing civilians..let the bonus which whole clan can use be depending on number of players participating in the war. so the place of a civilian can be a rare and maybe even costly privilige