Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Is there a Rune Guide somewhere?
Old 03-01-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
Peteroid

Default Is there a Rune Guide somewhere?

I just joined a clan for the first time. So, now that I am suppose to be able to use runes, I'm looking for a set of rune rules or a rune guide.

I think I understand how Acheorunology fits in, 20 for first and +20 per extra rune slot. Some questions I do have are:

(*) What is runepower, who has to pay for it, what does it cost, etc.?
(*) required dominance? required territory? activation cost? what are these, who gets this, pays for it, etc?
(*) The clan vault has runes (in fact, only). I have runes that have dropped. the AH has runes. What determines what runes I can use, and from where?
(*) am i suppose to offer the rune that drop to the clan?
(*) some of the runes in the vault are 'active', some aren't. The non-actibe ones are greyed, so I'm guessing they can't be used, but then why are they there at all? In short, what is activation?
(*) What happens to rune slots and runes if one leaves a clan?
(^) some runes have '+' on them, and inspecting such runes suggests the Archeorunology requirement for such runes are reduced (e.g., one plus (+) means req is 10 instead of the normal 20)? How does this work? Can one put TWO req 10 (+) runes in a single slot?

I tried searching for 'runes', 'rune guide', 'rune rules', 'clan rules', and 'clan guide', and could not find answers to these questions wading through all the non-topics that 'matched' these seaches. After an hour of doing just that, I feel it fair to post these basic questions...

Thanx in advance for your response!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Here is how runes and clans work:

In order to use runes you have to be in a clan. You can create your own clan using 50,000 gold or you can join one of the preexisting ones. [Clans are often recruiting in public chat; you must be sent an invite to enter a preexisting clan]. In a clan there are different ranks; these ranks are:

1. initiate
2. civilian
3. soldier
4. veteran
5. officer
6. master

[In order to use runes you have to a soldier or higher in rank (i.e. veteran, officer or master); I didn't include spies in the ranks above; clans can also have spies but spies can not use runes either].

Now lets say you have just started your own clan. Lets say you want to start using runes. What do you do now?

Once you start a clan or are in a clan, there is a compartment called a rune vault [the link for it is next to the auction house icon at the bottom left of the screen]. Once you click on this link, a set of boxes similar to your storage will open up. Runes are placed inside this rune vault.

Once the rune has been placed in the rune vault, it must be activated. Lets say a rank 1 ironclad rune has been placed in the rune vault. If you look at the rank 1 ironclad rune you will see that it says the following:

rune power needed to activate the rune: 50,000
dominance requirement: 0
territory requirement: o
the rune gives 50 extra armor class

1 rune power = 1 gold

Thus, in order to activate the rank 1 iron clad you need 50,000 gold. It can be activated for a month. Next month it has to be activated again.

This is why you want more than 1 person in a clan. When everyone shares the cost it becomes much easier [50,000 gold from 50 people is 1k per person for 50 extra armor class].

Once the rune has been activated, anyone who is in the clan and has a rank of soldier or higher can use the rune. To use the rune:
1. open rune vault
2. right click on an active rune and select "link to runeslot 1 option."
3. Tadaa you are now using a rune.

Higher rank runes need dominance and territory to activate: to get dominance and territory your clan has to go to war. If you are at war with another clan and one of their members comes on to your square, click on their face and select the "clan battle" option. You both have to be soldiers or higher in rank to fight a clan battle. [Note: if you are at war with another clan, the other clan's members' faces will flash yellow]. If you win the clan battle, your clan will gain rune power, dominance and territory. If you lose the clan battle, your clan will lose rune power. So you need to know when it is in your favor to pick a fight.

Be a smart bully.

One more thing: the archeorunology requirement

You can link a regular rune (for example Iron clad 1) to:
slot 1 if you have 20 archeorunology
slot 2 if you have 40 archeorunology
slot 3 if you have 60 archeorunology
slot 4 if you have 80 archeorunology
slot 5 if you have 100 archeorunology
slot 6 if you have 120 archeorunology

You can link a + rune (for example Iron clad 3+) to:
slot 1 if you have 10 archeorunology
slot 2 if you have 30 archeorunology
slot 3 if you have 50 archeorunology
slot 4 if you have 70 archeorunology
slot 5 if you have 90 archeorunology
slot 6 if you have 110 archeorunology

You can link a ++ rune (for example Iron clad 4 ++) to:
slot 1 if you have 0 archeorunology
slot 2 if you have 20 archeorunology
slot 3 if you have 40 archeorunology
slot 4 if you have 60 archeorunology
slot 5 if you have 80 archeorunology
slot 6 if you have 100 archeorunology

In other words each additional + on the rune drops the requirement for the rune slot by 10.

One final thing to consider
:
Free accounts can use the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th rune slots. They can not use the 2nd and 3rd slots

Standard accounts can use the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th rune slots. They can not use the 3rd

With a premium account you can use all of the rune slots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post

HOW TO FIGURE OUT WHICH SLOTS YOUR RUNE SHOULD AND CAN BE LINKED TO:

for regular runes (meaning no plus) like this one:

you need
20 archeorunology to link this rune to the first rune slot
40 archeorunology to link this rune to the second rune slot
60 archeorunology to link this rune to the third rune slot
80 archeorunology to link this rune to the fourth rune slot
100 archeorunology to link this rune to the fifth rune slot
120 archeorunology to link this rune to the sixth rune slot

for + runes like this one each archeorunology requirement is dropped by 10:

So you need
10 archeorunology to link this rune to the first rune slot
30 archeorunology to link this rune to the second rune slot
50 archeorunology to link this rune to the third rune slot
70 archeorunology to link this rune to the fourth rune slot
90 archeorunology to link this rune to the fifth rune slot
110 archeorunology to link this rune to the sixth rune slot

for ++ runes like this one each archeorunology requirement is dropped by 20:

So you need
0 archeorunology to link to the first rune slot
20 archeorunology to link this rune to the second rune slot
40 archeorunology to link this rune to the third rune slot
60 archeorunology to link this rune to the fourth rune slot
80 archeorunology to link this rune to the fifth rune slot
100 archeorunology to link this rune to the sixth rune slot

And that is right. You could link this rune to the first rune slot without ever increasing archeorunology. If your clan has this rune and it has been activated, anyone who is a soldier or higher in rank, can link it to their first rune slot even if their archeorunology skill is 0.

An example to show how all of this works:

Lets say that:
1. your clan vault has this rank 5++ rune active
2. your clan vault also has an active rank 2 iron clad
3. You have 20 in the archeorunology skill

Here is how you should link these runes:

The rank 2 iron clad should go in rune slot 1

(This is a simple rank 2; No +; and so you need 20 in the archeorunology skill to put this rune in the first rune slot; 40 to link this rune to the second rune slot. Since you have only 20 in archeorunology in this example, you link this rune to rune slot 1).

The rank 5++ rune should go in the second rune slot
(Each + drops the requirement by 10. To place an ordinary rune like the iron clad rank 2 [no +] in the second rune slot you would need 40 in archeorunology.
A rank 5++ has two plusses meaning that the requirement for the second rune slot is dropped from 40 to 20 [10 for each plus]. So you need only 20 in the archeorunology skill in order to link this rune to your second rune slot. Since, in this example, you have 20 in archeorunology, you can use your second slot by linking this rune.)

Tadaa with only 20 in archeorunology, you have equipped two runes.

If you flip it around and put the 5++ in your first rune slot, you could not put the regular rank 2 in your second rune slot since you do not have the necessary 40 in archeorunology.

Each additional plus drops the requirement of the rune slot by 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteroid View Post
(*) What is runepower, who has to pay for it, what does it cost, etc.?

Runepower is used to activate runes. 1 gold = 1 rune power. Clan taxes take money from your treasure chest and add to rune power. You can also purchase rune power by going to "clan admin options" and then to the "purchase rune power" option. Runes cost a lot of gold to activate so be sure to purchase rune power every now and then to help yourself and your clannies out.

(*) required dominance? required territory? activation cost? what are these, who gets this, pays for it, etc?
dominance and territory come from clan wars. Activation cost is the rune power cost (and ultimately the gold cost since rp to gold conversion is 1:1) of activating a rune. Runes are activated every month and have to be reactivated the next month so runes cost a lot of gold. Clan members all pay for it.

(*) The clan vault has runes (in fact, only). I have runes that have dropped. the AH has runes. What determines what runes I can use, and from where?
You can only use active runes in your clan's rune vault.

(*) am i suppose to offer the rune that drop to the clan?
If you want to. You can ask the clan master or officer if they need the particular rune that you have.

(*) some of the runes in the vault are 'active', some aren't. The non-actibe ones are greyed, so I'm guessing they can't be used, but then why are they there at all? In short, what is activation?
The number of runes that can be activated depends on the clan's runepower situation. Most clans do not have a lot of gold so they can only activate a limited number of runes. They still like to have a good assortment of runes just in case they have more rune power to spare at some point and can activate more. You can only use the active ones however. Runes have to be activated once a month.

(*) What happens to rune slots and runes if one leaves a clan?
You can't use the clan's runes anymore if you are not in the clan. Your rune slots are empty again since no runes are linked.

(^) some runes have '+' on them, and inspecting such runes suggests the Archeorunology requirement for such runes are reduced (e.g., one plus (+) means req is 10 instead of the normal 20)? How does this work? Can one put TWO req 10 (+) runes in a single slot?
Requirement for runes with no (+) are
20 for the first slot
40 for the second slot
60 for the third slot
80 for the fourth slot
100 for the fifth slot
120 for the sixth slot

For a + rune all the requirements are reduced by 10 so you could equip a 3+ rune to the third slot at level 50 archeorunology instead of the normal 60. Look at my quoted posts above.

And only one rune can be put in one slot for a maximum of 6 runes. Currently, only (++) runes or higher can be placed in the sixth slot because the archeorunology skill can not be raised above 100.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Conqueror; 03-01-2010 at 08:41 AM..

Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
Peteroid

dang, nice answer! thanx!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
thatperson
Epic Scholar

CONQ WROtE ANOTHER BOOK EVERYONE
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.