Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

IP History screws us over
Old 07-24-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
Khettry
Neophyte

Default IP History screws us over

We may be a fringe case, but Jarrhead (and crew), Heins (and crew), and I all play from work and as a result (even though we work at 3 diff locations) have a shared IP in our history. None of us go on each other's toons.

Could you put in an exception since I don't ever see any of us sharing toons for any reason? We don't associate irl, don't know each others' real names, etc. and blissing on any of these toons will not clear the IP from our history for any useful length of time.

Jarr and Heins are on same shift so once Jarr goes back to work (2 weeks, give or take) it won't affect me anymore, but when Heins joins, Jarr will be affected again.

Jarr and I are same metro area, but Heins is half the nation away from us.

Giving us a way to verify we work for the same company in order to get a pass on certain shared IPs or something would be helpful.

Last edited by Khettry; 07-24-2019 at 01:31 PM..

Old 07-24-2019, 11:02 PM   #2
Jarrhal
Crab Defiler

it is definitely a fringe case, and yes our work network shares IP range so we all show up as the same IP. not sure if there will be a fix for this but khettry/heins/cyress/myself/ and i think there are a couple more people taht also work for the same company that play nod on an infrequent basis. i lost 50 rating today because we got matched with khettry so im basically at 0 rating. this cannot be the effect intended. not sure how we could remedy the situation because I play from home and at work at different times, khettry only plays from work. and the other players mentioned also play randomly at different times. as the rules sit now it basically means we can either not arena or have to stop playing at work altogether.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:18 AM   #3
Claudia
Rare Collector

As i discussed with jarr in clan chat yesterday they're both working for Intel, their IP is 123.456.xxx.xxx for all locations with the xxx.xxx as sub ip's for each location. Is it possible that the IP history is recorded on the 123.456.xxx instead of only the first 6 numbers?
This would allow people that work for massive companies such as Intel to arena while at work and not be penalized cause of "sharing" although they don't share accounts at all.

Thank you

Old 07-25-2019, 01:39 AM   #4
Soxson
Epic Scholar

Have you explored options in bringing your own cell cards to play nod from and then pay to clear your IP histories and take care to stay on your networks from now on? It's not too costly and you should be fine after that.

Glitch shouldn't need to play detective to make sure this isn't a billy/dan type sleepover party where everyone's farming off the same pc like they used to. It's easier to resolve this on your end than Glitch's.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:45 AM   #5
Jarrhal
Crab Defiler

easiest solution is to just not arena

problem solved i guess

Old 07-25-2019, 02:06 AM   #6
Soxson
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrhal View Post
easiest solution is to just not arena

problem solved i guess
I agree that's the easy way to go, but people are gonna wanna arena at some point for tempers and only being able to arena from home would be detrimental towards your token income.

However, a good cell card should not cost more than $100 a month, and some people bliss more than that a month but if the cell card is what it takes to build solid tempers, then it's still a good investment to your nod account.

Just wanted to bring up the option so you can decide on it. I hope you resolve your IP and arena troubles.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:30 AM   #7
Jarrhal
Crab Defiler

haha there is NO way im spending 100 a month for internet to play nod from work, id quit this game long before that point.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:42 AM   #8
Soxson
Epic Scholar

meh, it's just an option for rich peeps

Old 07-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #9
Khettry
Neophyte

Sox, it's actually NOT a solution. We play from our work computers, which have to be wired into the secured network. Bringing an alternate PC to play from would be obvious. Some of us have bosses that don't care, as long as we're discrete.

And before you say anything about arena from cell phone, we all have casters, so let's see YOU effectively arena on a cell with a caster. Even using a tablet is highly inefficient for any kind of caster, so that's not a solution, either.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:33 PM   #10
Blaze
Epic Scholar

work at work instead of being a ****-off. problem solved.

tinyurl.com/nodsacademy
The link to the official forums thread for Nod's Blazing Academy. more useful info being added to it by the day.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #11
Imriel
Boss Hunter

LF a job where i can play nod instead of run around like a madman cooking, cleaning and serving people with a plastic smile with hardly any time to take a smoke break or go to the bathroom in a shift.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #12
Blaze
Epic Scholar

Even if I had one I'd still work instead of nodding. It's a matter of your work ethic.

tinyurl.com/nodsacademy
The link to the official forums thread for Nod's Blazing Academy. more useful info being added to it by the day.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:18 AM   #13
Tsutsu
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Even if I had one I'd still work instead of nodding. It's a matter of your work ethic.
You say that, until you find a job where there's nothing to do until something goes wrong.

Old 07-27-2019, 08:59 AM   #14
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

^

Old 07-27-2019, 10:44 AM   #15
Lakki
Gem Pouch Expert

nothing wrong with playing at work, if you're your on boss, and you don't have to hide while you play games.

Just annoying when peeps play at work and afk in arena, in 3v3 anon and use that same excuse " oh sorry, i was at work".

Other than that, the whole IP history thing is a huge double-edged sword that has made the present arena queueing day awkward.

prevents massive sharers from queuing, but it also means less people in queue, and less toonsitting overall.

so for people playing at work, at least they can play farm, but just can't queue. so that means less people in queue , but less toonsharers in queue also.

*shrugs*

Old 07-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #16
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

To expand on my arrow: Yep, Tsu.

I agree about work ethic,- have always had jobs that worked with, but there are those jobs with down time. I'd be playing Nod from work these days if I didn't think I'd get too wrapped up. I have approx six hours of down time most days. I hate it, but aside from the boredom there aren't any other negatives to really speak of. Therefore, I'll just keep playing games where it doesn't matter if I suddenly have to answer the phone for a 20 minute call. Adarkroom is a sanity keeper for me.

Not that this specific post is on topic for the thread itself >,>