Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Balance suggestion change rule.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
Aesonicus
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Aesonicus's Avatar
 
Aesonicus is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 288
Default Balance suggestion change rule.

Basically i haven't taken PVP or Arena seriously in nod really ever, but I feel i have a pretty good grasp on concepts and understanding of current meta and theory craft with many top pvpers on nod. But since i've never placed in top 10 (besides on S2 which doesn't really count) My 2 cents on builds and changes won't be taken as seriously as say Pale? I find this rule rather disappointing, and i suggest that so long as the suggestions make sense and are justifiable rank shouldn't matter because there are many strong players who understand builds and their viability in PVP that don't take PVP seriously. Most just pvp to get tempers and thats it, going on with their nodiationian lives.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
Raidens
Boss Hunter
 
Raidens's Avatar
 
Raidens is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesonicus View Post
Basically i haven't taken PVP or Arena seriously in nod really ever, but I feel i have a pretty good grasp on concepts and understanding of current meta and theory craft with many top pvpers on nod. But since i've never placed in top 10 (besides on S2 which doesn't really count) My 2 cents on builds and changes won't be taken as seriously as say Pale? I find this rule rather disappointing, and i suggest that so long as the suggestions make sense and are justifiable rank shouldn't matter because there are many strong players who understand builds and their viability in PVP that don't take PVP seriously. Most just pvp to get tempers and thats it, going on with their nodiationian lives.
I see no where in the above what you're trying to ask for 'balance' changes. Just you giving your 2 cents about what? nothing? lol
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
Blaze
Epic Scholar
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Blaze is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,724
Default

plenty of people who aren't top tier pvpers have made suggestions that have been implemented.

next time, instead of complaining your ideas aren't listened to (which if it was your most recent idea last month...lol) how about you put some thought and time into suggesting a really good and detailed well thought out idea.
__________________





tinyurl.com/nodsacademy
The link to the official forums thread for Nod's Blazing Academy. more useful info being added to it by the day.


  Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #4
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,049
Default

Suggestions are judged based on merit.

Keep in mind that with the new rule of having to name the build you think is OP or UP, if you choose the former you're going to piss off a bunch of people. For that reason, we'll allow secondary anonymous forum accounts, but you can only have 1 and they must only be used for balance discussion threads.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #5
Aesonicus
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Aesonicus's Avatar
 
Aesonicus is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
plenty of people who aren't top tier pvpers have made suggestions that have been implemented.

next time, instead of complaining your ideas aren't listened to (which if it was your most recent idea last month...lol) how about you put some thought and time into suggesting a really good and detailed well thought out idea.
unlike you and raiden's simple troll responses Glitch who I was directing my post towards understood it. Thank you for responding Glitch.

Quote:
Suggestions are judged based on merit.
This is what my concern is though, is it merit of what the player has accomplished in Arena/PVP, or the merit of the suggestion? Because I personally wouldn't consider calling data collection/testing "Merit". Just evidence backing up a suggestion.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2019, 08:33 AM   #6
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,049
Default

The suggestion.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2019, 08:29 PM   #7
Aesonicus
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Aesonicus's Avatar
 
Aesonicus is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The suggestion.
Thank you for the clarification.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #8
Blaze
Epic Scholar
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Blaze is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesonicus View Post
Thank you for the clarification.
glitch got it because you asked him to state the obvious i guess? while me and hion thought you weren't dumb enough to ask that.

pale won arena on s2 how many times? his suggestions are still treated like a joke. same for paul. meanwhile raidens has never won arena and his suggestion about fda/drainproof was added.
__________________





tinyurl.com/nodsacademy
The link to the official forums thread for Nod's Blazing Academy. more useful info being added to it by the day.


  Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2019, 10:03 PM   #9
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,049
Default

Nobody's are treated like a joke except for the super overpowered LG suggestions that a lot of people have a tendency to put forth.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #10
Aesonicus
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Aesonicus's Avatar
 
Aesonicus is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
glitch got it because you asked him to state the obvious i guess? while me and hion thought you weren't dumb enough to ask that.

pale won arena on s2 how many times? his suggestions are still treated like a joke. same for paul. meanwhile raidens has never won arena and his suggestion about fda/drainproof was added.
Again troll posting. I was asking Glitch for clarification since he made it a rule. But thank tipy for teaching me how to ignore people on foroums. Enjoy your life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2019, 07:34 AM   #11
Pale
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Pale is offline
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidens View Post
i see no where in the above what you're trying to ask for 'balance' changes. Just you giving your 2 cents about what? Nothing? Lol
lol
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM
Boards live since 05-21-2008


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.