Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

Just checking that this is not a bug..
Old 01-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Destruction
Rare Collector

Default Just checking that this is not a bug..

Ok, I knew that you can't use the same resources for enchanting a long time ago, but apparently a while back someone taught me that if you did the following combination, the stone is actually made. Can Glitchless/Jeff or someone else confirm that this is not a bug? (I would hate to have used a bug to have leveled my enchanting to level 88 from level 80 or so...):

On top row use two silks for both negative and positive
On 2nd row use two threads.

I just want to make sure I'm not bug abusing in this case. It's just something that's been on my mind for a while now..

Thanks a lot.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Roeth
Seer's BFF

You can use the same resources to make a stone, for example 2 identical silks, or identical threads. Threads will always give a 'null' stone though.
I do this all the time with silks to level my enchanting skill.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Destruction
Rare Collector

I know this, but I am wondering what happened that I once got that "you cannot use the same two resources for making an enchanting stone" message..

Old 01-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
Roeth
Seer's BFF

Just worked for me now, with 2 silks on top row, 2 threads on second. As long as you dont try for a second row of silk or thread, I think its ok.

Then again, it's late here, and I may be confused

Old 01-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
Glitchless
Administrator

This does appear to be a bug. There is no way to exploit this other than perhaps using it to make waste resources in order to level enchanting since the two same pieces cancel each other out. This will be changed in the next patch.

5 TC's to Destruction.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
Ok, I knew that you can't use the same resources for enchanting a long time ago, but apparently a while back someone taught me that if you did the following combination, the stone is actually made. Can Glitchless/Jeff or someone else confirm that this is not a bug? (I would hate to have used a bug to have leveled my enchanting to level 88 from level 80 or so...):

On top row use two silks for both negative and positive
On 2nd row use two threads.

I just want to make sure I'm not bug abusing in this case. It's just something that's been on my mind for a while now..

Thanks a lot.
so what you meant to say is you're done leveling it and you dont want it to be easy for anyone else anymore. nice job!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #7
richp

this has been around since the beginning of nod. and when using two 33% resources it doesnt always cancel out. the popular one is 2 silks which have a 33% chance of 3 different stats so the odds of cancelling out are not 100%.

I can see this patch for the 100% resources but not the 33% ones... oh well.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
Menage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power View Post
so what you meant to say is you're done leveling it and you dont want it to be easy for anyone else anymore. nice job!
lmao, yes - xploit the bug until u are one of 3 or so ppl in all of nod who can make +30 enchanting stones, then pretend u didnt and get paid off while every1 else is stranded on the other side of the bridge u just burnt

who called me a selfish what, now? jus wanted to make sure i read that right earlier

Last edited by Menage; 01-13-2010 at 11:47 PM..

Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #9
thatperson
Epic Scholar

so now using silks wont work for raising enchanting level? thats just messed up so now the people who have been using this to get higher enchanting get to hold the business while all of the starting enchanters have to work their A$$es off to get the same level?
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:04 AM   #10
Decker

wow Dest, WOW, this is just as bad as the thread made about escaping from clan battles, thanks to you something thats been freely discussed and mentioned ingame for idk how long.... since crafting got added in beta maybe.. is now a minor exploit and everyone thats benefited from it gets an edge up over every new enchanter. *golf clap*

everyone pat Dest on the back for getting, what is it level 88 enchanting? and 5 TCs.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #11
Destruction
Rare Collector

Lol@jealous or otherwise hateful/spiteful comments.

EDIT:My enchanting level is now 78 (1 exp till 79), I untrained the points I got using an unfair method. =)

Fyi, I don't give a crap what other people may think. I had a goal to untrain the experience I got from level 79 if it really did turn out to be a bug from the beginning when I posted this, and seeing as how this is the case, I have fulfilled my goal. Peace.

Last edited by Destruction; 01-14-2010 at 07:17 AM..

Old 01-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #12
Neo

Dest we want a screenie of your skill xD

Old 01-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #13
AphoomZhah

lmao

Old 01-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #14
Hunters Bane
Auction Master

why would you do that? hell I'd keep the extra 10 skills lmfao
Captaincrunch

Devildriver