Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Mele falling behind
Old 12-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Boondi
Boss Hunter

Default Mele falling behind

I don't whinge often but I'm on a roll today.

It's time mele got a buff. I'm not talking any specific class, but weapon wielders in general.

Currently the top end casters are killing N'lake in 15 sec. Some even quicker and in hero mode. This in turn generates more gold, more trophies and more essence. At best my kill time is about 35-45 sec N'lake, and around 60 sec in Hero. In this case mele need something just to keep up, the imbalance is getting greater every day as the caster get stronger and stronger through superior farming speed.
As I don't have an bow user anymore I'm not sure what effect Bladow has on farming, but they might need something here too.

As far as arena goes, casters have KOE/AOE to multi target, bow users have Arrowrain to multi target, but again weapon users have nothing. I see many fights that are won and lost by this multi target feature.

Why doesn't mele have the ability?

My 2 cents...........now troll me bishes

Old 12-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #2
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

I hate buffs. With a passion. Far more than nerfs, because nerfs piss the nerfed people off and buffs piss everyone off. But I agree that meleers are rightfully left out of many things, including high level boss hunts and top arena teams, because they can't keep up with caster dps.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
austen
Gem Pouch Expert

Melee user's are usless on a PVP team, unless they are the tank, and then the dps from them does not count. My feelings count less then most, cause I rant too much, but I have to agree with Boondi, we can't farm near as fast, we can't pvp, why not just get rid of melee or is melee just a temp build til re-roll?

Old 12-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
TemariChan
Auction Master

im been complaing about melee'r being the weakling for a good year now, might be another year or two before something gets done about it sadly and by then casters and archer/casters will be so strong it would have been pointless to do much.

edit:
heres an idea Whirlwind

Last edited by TemariChan; 12-16-2011 at 11:51 PM..

Old 12-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
Master
Boss Hunter

I agree... Pisses me off when i spend thousands on a melee char.... and only 150 on a caster and the caster is by far better then my melee... Thats why I quit spending money till My melee is worth spending money on again

Old 12-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
beetdabrat
Auction Master

It would be nice to get new skills for melee. Even if its just to have something new. Could do a couple new pve skills and a new pvp skill.

Beet Da Brat

Old 12-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #7
Boondi
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx View Post
mrhhh my melee char and my caster char are more or less on even footing with the exeption that on my caster char I have to sit and click every damn gem and juggle this mana/energy garbage.

ok! I just wanted glitch to know that boondi is a botter and has been telling Ns not to buy timecards.
Haha love the quote manipulation.

But seriously, you either have an uber mele or a average caster. Coz kill time in same area is 2-1 ish or 2.5-1

Last edited by Boondi; 12-17-2011 at 05:09 AM..

Old 12-17-2011, 03:52 AM   #8
Jacend
Neophyte

Yeah, melee users are prob slightly too weak atm.

Also slightly off-topic but still important IMO: Are we going to farm trophies in n.lake/deadman's valley forever or is there coming an update anytime soon where we can progress and farm efficiently in higher areas?

Though seeing there hasn't been any real update since the level cap raise to 85 which I guess didn't take much effort to make, I guess the answer is no.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:53 AM   #9
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Level cap will never raise again. Jeff said so in chat one day. Or Mike. Or Barney idk.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

Ok ask anti how fast he kills I can tell you he has got that chest message as a melee. which was prob a 5 sec kill. anyway for those saying melee needs a buff pvp you are sadly mistaken. I want to point out that any melee can have easy time killing a dd caster. as one I see the toons that know what there doing and I see the ones who have no clue so cry about been killed in 10 seconds. ask nem or someone who has a caster and melee class that like pvp and they will tell you the same thing. DD can be resisted too easily.

OK you might say melee want to buff pvp which is fair ok, but how can you do that without giving them more advantage pvp.? you might say casters are way better pvp because of this and that but in the end if you aren't so lazy you should be able to get resist rates of 90%+. i have used 670+ cnc recently and got resisted and died easy to someone with 288 cnt and the same against someone with 200 cnt. i know a lot of people that have put a LOT of time and effort into there builds only to realise this isn't fair.

A lot if or classes need changing to fix all the unbalances that exist. right now there is no stopping a dot. people at least want some hope that the might be able to beat a dot or whatever other classes clash unfairly .

Old 12-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
Thomas Jordan
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondi View Post
I don't whinge often but I'm on a roll today.

It's time mele got a buff. I'm not talking any specific class, but weapon wielders in general.

Currently the top end casters are killing N'lake in 15 sec. Some even quicker and in hero mode. This in turn generates more gold, more trophies and more essence. At best my kill time is about 35-45 sec N'lake, and around 60 sec in Hero. In this case mele need something just to keep up, the imbalance is getting greater every day as the caster get stronger and stronger through superior farming speed.
As I don't have an bow user anymore I'm not sure what effect Bladow has on farming, but they might need something here too.

As far as arena goes, casters have KOE/AOE to multi target, bow users have Arrowrain to multi target, but again weapon users have nothing. I see many fights that are won and lost by this multi target feature.

Why doesn't mele have the ability?

My 2 cents...........now troll me bishes
As a bow fighter, my kill in times in N. Lake are just about the same, Boondi, for both regular mode and heroic mode.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
xcasterx
Boss Hunter

buff bms, double their damage.
also, ban daer, he stole my cookie.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
Glitchless
Administrator

We're aware that Dual-Wielders may be lagging a bit, but with the right gear there's nothing stopping 2 handers from being incredible right now.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We're aware that Dual-Wielders may be lagging a bit, but with the right gear there's nothing stopping 2 handers from being incredible right now.
So just get a full tier 5 legendary Suit and you can be on-par with a caster!

Old 12-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

I'm pretty sure he means a caster also in full tier 5 legendary. But if you're saying that boo hoo we're not equal strength all the way from start to finish then maybe casters should be asking for a buff because they suck so bad compared to melee in the lower levels.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkee View Post
I'm pretty sure he means a caster also in full tier 5 legendary. But if you're saying that boo hoo we're not equal strength all the way from start to finish then maybe casters should be asking for a buff because they suck so bad compared to melee in the lower levels.
My caster one hits mobs at lower levels. Your logic is invalid.

The real problem lies in the fact that Cnt doesn't really help that much. Casters still blast through high Cnt, and even shields. This would be fine, since Agi doesn't really help casters defend against meleers, except for the fact that they both share a type of defense: Armor Class. Armor class has less effect reducing caster damage than it does for meleers.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #17
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
My caster one hits mobs at lower levels. Your logic is invalid.

The real problem lies in the fact that Cnt doesn't really help that much. Casters still blast through high Cnt, and even shields. This would be fine, since Agi doesn't really help casters defend against meleers, except for the fact that they both share a type of defense: Armor Class. Armor class has less effect reducing caster damage than it does for meleers.
Well then that's settled. Hey everybody casters don't lag behind in the early levels after all. Glad we got that put to bed.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
Boondi
Boss Hunter

I'm not sure what gear I need? I have 2 yetis and and I have 2 x 99 whips. I'm almost full Lg ( 1 x 88 arm) A caster with a 69 staff and 88 gear 1 cast kills N'lake. Not sure how that is keeping up.

Oh and before anyone says anything about skills, all my 1st tier BM skills are 99 or 100. Whilst in Synod I had 5 of 6 epic runes as well. The times I quoted were based on that.

If I need to get t5+ Lg to keep up this game is a lost cause.

This thread is purely base on farming not PvP. That is another issue. All I want is to be able to farm are a comparable speed so I get similar trophies/gold/essence.

TJ I thought bow users would be similar, if you have capped or mostly capped skills and 99 gear. That make it even more important for something to equalise the imbalance.

Quote:

Old 12-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
elephantman
Crab Defiler

Agree with Boondi buff is WAYYYYY overdue

Old 12-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #20
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Screw buffs, just nerf everyone else. I'd much prefer that. Tc prices would fall, meaning more money for Glitchless.