Melee AoE
Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Default Melee AoE

Melee'rs, being the only build that still cannot hit AoE at once (DD casters, DoT casters, Healers, Ranged), need SOMETHING to even the playing field in PvP. I have two suggestions, one or the other, not both should happen, and these are just a starting point, please post with your own feelings on my suggestions and your own creative suggestions for the melee AoE relief fund epidemic pandemic massacre Rwanda.

1. A new skill, simply put to allow melee weapon users the same benefit of casters and ranged users.
Berserk: (lv 60 weaponry) In a fit of rage, you begin to swing in wild, uncontainable jabs and arcs, aiming for any and everything that moves. Every level in this skill grants upto a .15% chance, .30% chance for 2h weapons, for melee weapons to strike all enemies when SUCCESFULLY attacking, depending on combined agility and dexterity.

2. Add a manual 'hot key' for melee AoE attacks. Space bar is not used for anything during combat, so i suggest that when it is held down, all melee attacks are transferred into AoE attacks, at the cost of dealing full dmg to any individual target.

***NOTE: I AM including whips as melee weapons, staves are excluded, but even thou pet dmg is considered melee dmg, pet attacks cannot be AoE.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Maybe it could be an aura like the Broadhead and Ranged Haste. They would have an upkeep cost and grant a % chance to perform an AoE attack.

Wideswing Aura
Black or Blue Magic: Level mana/energy effect

Rank 1: 25 05/05 1% chance to hit all your opponents.
Rank 2: 40 10/10 3% chance to hit all your opponents.
Rank 3: 55 20/20 5% chance to hit all your opponents.
Rank 4: 70 35/35 7% chance to hit all your opponents.
Rank 5: 85 50/50 10% chance to hit all your opponents.

Could also do a skill.

Wideswing
Level 60 or 80 Weaponry

With this skill you have a 10% chance to hit all opponents but the damage is cut by a third. Every point in this skill adds 2% to your damage making you do full damage to each target at level 100. This skill only works when there is more than one opponent.

Something like these maybe.
Beet Da Brat

Last edited by beetdabrat; 08-12-2011 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: Added a skill

Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
Jadakris
Temporarily Suspended

The upkeep is retarded in your suggestions.. If anything it should follow rabid, IF that.. Should be like 15-20 MAX lol not 50..

Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #4
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakris View Post
The upkeep is retarded in your suggestions.. If anything it should follow rabid, IF that.. Should be like 15-20 MAX lol not 50..
disagree, archery gems have a high upkeep for haste, why not melee??

and i like the suggestions, besides the hot key 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
>.>
Auction Master

1h need love too

make AoE only available to dw

Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
>.>
Auction Master

rapidly stab in an arc like motion

Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Migleyy
Seer's BFF

Make it Combo Skill....
after successfully attacking your opponent, your have X chance to follow up with a combo attack to all other enemies ... or somethign along those lines

Old 08-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

I support any idea that isn't a ripoff of arrowrain/aoe gems.
How about this:
Cleave. Your melee attacks have a 0.2% chance per point (20% max) to deal 75% damage to a second target and a 0.1% chance per point (10% max) to deal 50% damage to the third target.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
Huggles
Epic Scholar

I don't understand why it's not possible to just lop off your opponent's head with a single swing. But I support this.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

I think an aura would be a great idea... if not an all out skill to begin with.... an aura is a great idea b/c u can shatter/ gives the user the ability to 'turn off' this function by replacing the gem/ costs something besides trops to level the skill (mana/en req's)/IMO it should be an aura that effects the entire team and is buffed by shared bliss.

say i.e.
Flailing Blade Aura (Red Magic)

Rank 1: (Red lvl. 10) 2mana/2energy This aura grants your groups melee attacks, excluding pet attacks, to hit at 65% of full strength damage to all of enemies. Upkeep cost every 5 seconds.
Rank 2: (Red lvl. 25) 70%
Rank 3: (Red lvl. 40) 75%
Rank 4: (Red lvl. 75) 80%
Rank 5: (Red lvl. 91) 32mana/32energy This aura grants your groups melee attacks, excluding pet attacks, to hit at 85% of full strength damage to all of enemies. Upkeep cost every 5 seconds.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:16 AM   #11
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

BUMP to skill:
change to % of skill:
Berserk: (lv 60 weaponry) In a fit of rage, you begin to swing in wild, uncontainable jabs and arcs, aiming for any and everything that moves. Every level in this skill grants upto a .10% chance, .20% chance for 2h weapons, for melee weapons to strike all enemies when SUCCESFULLY attacking, depending on combined agility and dexterity.

and BUMP to aura:

Flailing Blade Aura (Red Magic)

Rank 1: (Red lvl. 10) 2mana/2energy This aura grants your groups melee attacks, excluding pet attacks, to hit at 65% of full strength damage to all of enemies. Upkeep cost every 5 seconds.
Rank 2: (Red lvl. 25) 70%
Rank 3: (Red lvl. 40) 75%
Rank 4: (Red lvl. 75) 80%
Rank 5: (Red lvl. 91) 32mana/32energy This aura grants your groups melee attacks, excluding pet attacks, to hit at 85% of full strength damage to all of enemies. Upkeep cost every 5 seconds.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #12
Darkdingus
Rare Collector

So far, I like Nurvus' "Cleave" (because it fits every weapon type and isn't a ripoff of anything else)

I would also support Rogue's Flailing Blade, but the numbers seem kinda off...

Old 11-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
Nurvus
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
I support any idea that isn't a ripoff of arrowrain/aoe gems.
How about this:
Cleave. Your melee attacks have a 0.2% chance per point (20% max) to deal 75% damage to a second target and a 0.1% chance per point (10% max) to deal 50% damage to the third target.
Self Boasting Under Mediocre Pretenses.

I just need to add that, if this goes live, BMs will also need an AoE effect.

Ravage - If you have a whip on the same side of a pet, that pet has a 0,2% chance per point in this skill to also cause secondary targets to bleed for 50% of the damage dealt over 10 sec whenever it lands an attack on an enemy target.

Last edited by Nurvus; 11-09-2011 at 05:41 PM..

Old 12-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #14
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

bump for a melee AOE aura!!!!!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #15
Gooddevil
Temporarily Suspended

2 h melee are heavily OP - everyone knows what you can do with your spear.

First of all 2 H should not be able wield bow set (extra tempers and stats)
Beside most melee players casting gems while auto attacking adding pretty good amount of dmg with it.

Melee users has granted too many privileges against casters: shatter , resistances, vampiric auras/runes and yet legendary set not to mention cnt.

No additional buffs for melee should be made to prevent unbalanced fights in pvp

Old 12-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

tank aoe would rock too, bash all opponents

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 01-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #17
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Glitchless,
Please test this out....
In order for an all melee team, 3 interchangable taunters/1 tank 2 DPS/ 2 tank 1 DPS.. whatever setup it may be, to compete with the more 'traditional' ... or 'classic' PvP setup of 2 casters 1 tank... be it 1 DPS 1 healer, or 2 DPS, an AoE capability for melee needs to come into Nodiatis.
Whether that is an aura, skill, or an additional UI button, I do not know the best application w/o testing myself, but I do know that IF you test this, you will agree with me.

My suggestion is to edit the Strikethrough skill to include melee AoE during PvP...it only makes sense...

Last edited by RogueTigeR; 01-02-2012 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Suggestion

Old 01-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #18
Underkid
Boss Hunter

Good idea, with carefull tests it could be a good nod implement

Old 01-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #19
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

I am thinking.. perhaps using strikethrough skill, or a new skill, I'd say lvl 60 skill thou, b/c thats when arena becomes competetive....

This skill acts as sort of a hybrid b/t superior cleanse skill and gem shattering skill, at lvl 1, you can melee AoE attack for 1 'round' (1 hit for 2h'ers or both swings for DW... double attacks included) every 30.75 secs with zero chance for zero cooldown. At level 100, you can melee AoE for 1 attack every 6 secs with a 33% chance for zero cooldown upon use.

How to melee AoE?... I suggest a revamp of the user GUI. auto attacks to the right side of your avatar, near the gem feed, CA's and cleanse to the left, group members on either side, but slightly elevated. An additional 'button' to the right of the 'auto attack' button... makes sense as this is the 'attack region' of the GUI already. Here is an example of what I am suggesting:

In this rendition you may also notice an additional gem feed, this is not a must for this Melee AoE patch, but, would keep casters from whining. To balance things, all weaponry types would be given use to the divination and wizardry skills, as well as non-staff wielders have a % chance of gem in 1st slot to come up at beginning of battle. BUT... staff wielders get 2 gem feeds, the regular one on the right, as well as a 2nd one on the left, the feeds at max 1/3 the speed as the traditional one, depending on wizardry skill.

It is plain to see to the interested observer that a melee team cannot compete against a caster team... WHY?... b/c of AoE gems... If melee had SOME sort of possible AoE attack, this might even things out a bit.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #20
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

bump