Story contest for a tc
Old 04-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Default Story contest for a tc

I'm opening the story contest again. Contest ends on May 31st at 11:59 pm. Rules are as follows:

1. Story must be related to the history of the land of Nodiatis.

2. No mocking the game, or the storyline of Nodiatis. Keep it accurate.

3. BE ORIGINAL. No stealing your stories from someone else. Plagiarism will disqualify you.

4. Be creative! It's ok to deviate from the storyline, as long as you do it artfully. History is flexible. Just don't go overboard. No talking unicorns. And for god's sake, no talking dogragons.

5. You MUST get your story in by the deadline. No exceptions.

6. You cannot bring any current Nodiatis toons into the mix. Within the game canon any characters can be used, but no Nod players.

7. Stories must be at least 1000 words. Fairly short limit, but it's just a guideline. The longer and more in-depth, the better!

8. Stories will be judged by at least 2 judges, including me. I will bring at least one anonymous English major in for consulting on grammar. Yes, grammar and spelling will count against you! You need good ideas, but also proper Engrish.

9. Have fun!

10. There is no number 10, but I like my numbers to be round.

Prizes:
1st place: a TC
2nd place:400k
3rd place: 300k
4th place: 250k
5th place: 125k
6th-10th places: 50k
Every submission that meets the requirements above wins 20k gold.

Last edited by hotshot64; 05-09-2013 at 09:51 PM..

Old 04-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Dawl
Gem Pouch Expert

agreed, 5 might work

Old 04-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
Sapreaver
Temporarily Suspended

How do we submit it?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlinger View Post
sounds interesting.... on a side note... 2 t30 berries is worth 200k tops btw... 4th place is better than third
You're vastly underselling your t30 berries. I sell mine for 250k apiece easily, so long as the market isn't flooded. I'll consider adding gold to that prize though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapreaver View Post
How do we submit it?
Post it here.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
apop
Neophyte

Why The docks are abandoned
A long time ago in a Nodiatis with no real relative location that I could describe to you, a hero would emerge to create a world that was new, free, and completely cool. It was a tough life for Gleason, he was born to peasant gardeners in a starving region. Growing up, his father would often beat him with a stick, regardless of how much of a wussy move that is. Gleason knew that he could not stand to live only gardening for eggplants, as they brought in nowhere near enough money to buy all the cool things that people who gardened watermelons could. He confronted his father about this and his response was," As long as you live on these lands and I have a stick, you will never do anything but garden eggplants!" Gleason was depressed by the realization that the eggplant would be his only friend if he remained in his homeland.
Years passed and Gleason grew up only gardening eggplants. After all of his rested time was used he still only had level 10 gardening. He headed into town one day to sell his eggplant stock when he found a flier. The flier read, " Come those who seek adventure! The land of Nodiatis awaits! People of all trades and skills are needed!" Gleason was filled with excitement, he knew this was his chance to get to start anew. However, he then read the fine print," no eggplant gardeners."Gleason became disheartened, how could a problem be so specifically tailored to his identity? This left only one option. In an act of desperation Gleason used his whit's to devise a master plan to get to Nodiatis. After hours he put his plan into action. Gleason ran to the docks where they were accepting all of the non-eggplant gardening individuals. He pushed over several small children who were waiting in line to speed up the process. It was then Gleason's turn. The man said, "Sorry, we don't accept eggplant gardeners it says so right here" the man pointed to the fine print. Gleason then, using all of his might, ripped the fine print off of the contract! The man was astonished, no one had ever thought to do that before. Gleason then said," I don't see where it says no eggplant gardeners." The man had no choice but to let Gleason onto the boat to Nodiatis. Little did Gleason know that by taking out the eggplant clause he would allow the greatest evil into Nodiatis.
The passage to Nodiatis was long and hard. After many months and a couple of minutes and I think there was a sheep in there somewhere but I can't be certain, Gleason arrived at the dude these docks next to Castille will never be abandoned ever docks. He had done it! He had made his way into a new life. Gleason decided to go find a job in Castille. He found a wanted sign that read, "man with hands needed." Gleason knew this was perfect for him. After a rigorous job interview he got the job when Faulk the 89th said, "You have hands so you're good enough." Gleason shrieked for joy! He then asked Faulk, "Are you the 89th Faulk in your family?" Faulk replied," No my dad just really sucks at math" Gleason understood for his father was not good with math as well. Faulk then explained the job to Gleason. It was Gleason's job to deliver Stan's lee cup to Sir Kronwall the 55th.
Gleason set out on his journey with nothing but Stan's lee cup and his dreams. Kronwall was all the way in Dorfellia which was two months walk from Castille. Gleason walked for days before he realized that he needed a side kick because no hero goes without one. When Gleason arrived in Stronhad, which at this time was just an inn with no internet, Gleason met John the most normal man in the world except for that one thing he does, oh and that other thing but I don't think we need to drag the kids into it. Gleason saw John and knew he would be a great side kick as he is too normal to outshine him. Gleason and John then continued to go to Dorfellia. Their Journey brought them to Geyser valley which was impassible to the average man but Gleason, unlike John was not average. Gleason used his quick thinking and grabbed John. With great strength and some HGH (because come on even hero's need help) Gleason threw John at 10,000 mph and after John traveled around the globe Gleason grabbed John and used him to propel himself across the valley. The rest of their journey was not very interesting but let's just say they had no rested time at the end of it.
It had been two months since leaving Castille and Gleason and John both made it to Dorfellia. Sir Kronwall the 55th was ready for his Stan's lee cup. Gleason delivered the cup and Kronwall was pleased. "Thank you for my cup.", said Kronwall," But I have some bad news, due to someone ripping up the eggplant clause in our contract, an evil man is on his way to our world of Nodiatis. I knew whoever would deliver the Stan's lee cup to me would become my apprentice and take down the evil." Gleason asked," how long do we have to prepare before I must fight?" "Not long", Kronwall said," but I have gifted you double acceleration. Now I must ask you to throw John back to Castille so he can warn the towns folk." Gleason did as he was asked and began to train.
After months of training Gleason was ready. He was presented with a gift of two mongooses. Gleason took the mongooses and then he was ready to go to Castille to fight. Kronwall gave Gleason his only weapon, a tier-8 legendary fist of KRONWALL. Then Kronwall shouted with all of his might, "KRONWALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as he threw Gleason back to the dude these docks next to Castille will never be abandoned ever docks.
Gleason was ready he landed right where the boat with the evil on was soon to arrive. John was by his side. When the boat arrived it exploded.... to the dock and parked then spontaneously combusted. Out popped the Evil one and it was none other than Hextall, Gleason's father. Gleason was not too shocked at this because unlike many of you, he used context clues. Then the epic battle began and lives were on the line because there was no arena yet. Hextall had but one weapon, a tier-8 legendary stick of eggplant. Gleason said, "using a stick is a wussy move pops" Hextall replied, "I wouldn't need this if you just stayed home and gardened like you were supposed too" Hextall swung first with all of his fury but Gleason blocked with his fist. Then Gleason struck the ground and destroyed the part of the dock that Hextall was standing on. Hextall jumped and used his stick like a propeller and flew at Gleason. Gleason was not ready and was struck by the stick, knocking the mongooses out of his inventory. The battle continued and Gleason used his special Kronwall strike to punch his father. Both battered men kept fighting. John could not allow the mongooses to watch this violence and he picked them up. When this happened however John found a way to equip the mongooses. They were Tier-9 legendary! John then joined the battle and his mongooses ate Hextall. The battle had ended and the docks were in ruin. The people then decided to abandon the dude these docks next to Castille will never be abandoned ever docks. John and Gleason both then realized that mongooses would be op so they spent the rest of their lives preventing them from being used as pets. They all lived happily ever after accept for the abandoned docks.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
Degladius
Boss Hunter

Good idea Daer!

And ty for the first story... was hoping to find something about a drunken fisherman after reading the title, though

Old 05-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
Dooky
Neophyte

This is part one of the epic journey of our story's hero. This MUST be read in Morgan Freeman's voice to get the full effect. Enjoy.

Many tales of legend tell of the deeds of valiant knights, chivalrous heroes, and the triumph of good over evil. This story centers around the life of an individual neither valiant nor chivalrous; an individual that regularly blurred the lines between good and evil. However, without the life of this individual, legends would have faltered at the doorstep of greatness, and heroes would have never grown out of the cusp of mediocrity. He possessed a visage that hinted at the likelihood of a hidden, magnetic charm, and eyes that glistened with the spark of unfathomable intelligence. This was a man that could be described by his guile. Conversing with nobles in verbage as eloquent as a master orator, while inversely being able to speak the tongues of beggars and thieves. Every one of his acquaintances spoke of him as a friend, but he had no need of friends, only the advantages brought forth from such social nuances.

But every story needs a beginning and our character’s story begins as many of the working class. He was born to parents of below-average intelligence and below-average originality in a below-average tenement in a below-average section of Castille. They christened upon him the name of Will Wilson Junior. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on whom you ask, the name would give way to a more suitable nomenclature early in his teenage years. Many would never equate Will to his below-average parents, as his intelligence surpassed theirs by his fifth birthday. Realizing, albeit with much mental consternation, that his son was of the book-learning type, the elder Will Wilson sold his flock of otosaurs in order to send Will to the Castille School of Sciences. However, a new King had come into power who had a disdain for the workings of science, unless it enabled military prowess. Promptly, the school was shut down, and Will returned to his below-average school. Instead of teaching about math and science, the schools now spewed propaganda of the new king. Will saw through the fa├žade of these lessons, and regularly slipped out of the building and went down to a secret alcove in the docks where he had hidden many texts from his former science school. Here, Will taught himself the intricacies of human anatomy, the art of botany, and the foundations of chemistry. One unfortunate day, Will’s world came crashing down. The school headmaster, a former mercenary in the new kings army, followed Will to his secret alcove. Will was drug out by his dirt blonde hair, and all his books were burnt in front of him. The headmaster then attached ropes to the boy’s ankles and drug him back to the school. Wanting to make a point in front of the entire school populace, the headmaster tossed Will into a festering pile of liquefied horse manure. As all children do when confronted with goings-on they don’t understand, they turn to ridicule as a coping mechanism. Will was thenceforth known by his peers as Horse-Dookie, which later was shortened to ‘Dook.’

Dook had no idea at the time how the events of that day would transform his life and the history of his country, as the only thought emanating from his brain was he would get even with the headmaster. “Death has caught wind of your stench, headmaster, and I will be the one to deliver you to its doorstep,” Dook hissed under the laughs and taunts of his peers.

-------End of Part 1------

The legend of the docks
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
oraphim
Boss Hunter

Default The legend of the docks

Not long ago in the land of nodiatis a woman called kathrina gave birth to triplets named Oraphim,Randolph and Kazin. Looking upon the state of the war-town, ransacked and goblin-ravaged town she called home she realised that to save them from a life of slavery or even death she needed a new home. The townsfolk of Castille had revolted against their goblin overlords and were in the middle of a bloody war, friends were few and far between and trust non-existent. Gradually the population was dwindling and food and gold was scarce. Now the goblins being the most rich and powerful race in the land had plenty of spies and it was only a matter of time before Castille fell back into their hands. Now when the brothers were 19 years old the goblins had decided to launch an all-out assault on Castille, the goblin king, Renthag, had grown impatient at the goblins inability to take back the town and had not counted on the endurance of the humans of Castille. a mighty battle ensued and although massively outnumbered the humans fought valiantly. Eventually the goblins had cornered the humans into the docks and the goblin general, almost certain of victory had decided to leave his second in command with 500 of his troops to finish the job off. A message had just been received from Stronhad, a few rich merchants had not paid their tax. "Perhaps they think the battle has gone ill and we will no longer rule this land?" Hergatz, the goblin general thought. He knew with Castille as good as his, turning up with his army camped outside Stronhad would quash even the notion of another rebellion and the merchants would have no choice but to pay their dues. Back in Castille the remainder of the goblin army were busy preparing plans to finish off the humans, Kathrina,Randolph and Kazin were in the docks at this time preparing for one last final assault against the goblins, they knew death was imminent and were determined to take as many goblins with them as they could. Oraphim meanwhile had a different plan, legend told of an incredibly powerful gem, which in the right hands, was capable of destroying entire armies. Now Oraphim was no spell caster he had dabbled in magic but found it ineffective even with 940 cnc ffs. He also knew this gem in the wrong hands could destroy all nearby living things but seeing as the humans were doomed to die he decided he had no choice. He had found some sort of compass from the town mayors house days before after wanting to warn him of the advancing goblin army. Not only was the mayor well aware of the approaching hordes he was in the middle of discussing this with a goblin himself. Enraged, Oraphim slew the goblin and mayor and took the compass for his own. "This compass is a strange thing" he thought, "perhaps it could point to the location of the gem?" The goblins had promised the mayor the compass in exchange for valuable information regarding the retaking of Castille. The mayor (like most humans) didn't trust the goblins and insisted on having the compass first before he would oblige. Now, the goblins had no idea of the legend of this gem or what the compass was for. As far as they were concerned after Castille was taken they could get it back and indeed that's exactly what they intended before Oraphim took it for himself. The compass pointed towards the coast and Oraphim had travelled there in search of this legendary gem. Now this was no ordinary beach, at night people would say the full moon made the dead come to life. Aware of this, Oraphim had decided to sleep in the nearby spruce woods although he could still just about see the coast. One night during a full moon He thought he could make out the skeleton of some sort of dragon heading his way. He remained still with his hand grasping the hilt of his sword, suddenly an enormous bird had swooped and picked up the skeletal dragon and took it away. Needless to say he didnt sleep anymore that night and his hand didn't leave the hilt of his sword, even to fap. In the morning he followed his compass and got to the point where the bird had taken the dragon. suddenly the compass spun furiously, Oraphim looked at his feet. A beautiful perfectly carved gem was sitting right there. After putting it in his pouch, Oraphim drank his gate potions and upon returning looked upon the hordes of goblins now about to assail the docks. As he approached them they laughed and drew their bows. Suddenly he pulled the gem from his bag and with all his energy unleashed the power of the gem. That day every living thing in the docks died, the legendary gem was no more and the goblins were fearful of Castille everafter. Even now stories tell of ghosts of the fallen and skeletal abominations roaming the docks. they say an incredible power there still has the power to make legendary gems. Yet only vermin and the bravest of drunkards dare to go there. and the top bm's because they need a nerf.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #9
Moordenaar
Boss Hunter

Oraphim sucks reroll.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #10
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Winners should be posted this weekend. Prizes will be paid out at that time.