Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
RECOVER | REGISTER

Old 05-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #21
Soul Thrift
Temporarily Suspended

So how would Arena change anything with alt wars? I mean, if you only war an alt clan you would still be having 'fake' wars inside the arena. I dont think it will change anything besides being able to have 3 80s kill 3 40s in the alt clan. If anything it would help for fake clan wars since there is a clan battle level limit outside of arena, I wouldn't have to kill people inside my level range anymore. I mean really, alt wars exist because people find ways around things. If the patch does go through it would just mean Terr/Dom would be harder to get due to the randomness of arena battles. It won't stop alt wars as they will still only be warring and alt clan. Why bother with anyone else when you can just do it with like 4 people over and over?

YOU CANNOT STOP ALT WARS. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #22
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

reset all clans dom and terr and start from 0 then, only using arena to gain the benefits.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 05-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #23
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Upon further thoughts, placing thought onto this matter reveals that it is a terrible idea (Arena only dom/ter), I would highly suggest that A: Glitchless either implement so that Arena only gives a little Dom/ter and you can still clan war, or B: Leave the system alone. Not to mention, clans have nothing to do with Arena anyways :/

However, if this is implemented, Arena needs to support more than 1 playing style, 3vs3 is not what everyone has designed their characters for, nor is that was they are interested in whatsoever.

There is a powerful crapstorm brewing.

Last edited by Relic; 05-09-2010 at 11:23 AM..

Old 05-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #24
Ravenskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty View Post
reset all clans dom and terr and start from 0 then, only using arena to gain the benefits.
AHAHAHA!!!! You're just dying to get everyone else down to the level of FAIL you guys ran Wpack into. Winter is coming ......wwwwoooooooooo.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #25
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

it's so easy to get you to react, hilarious puppet.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 05-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #26
Yomother
Neophyte

There is at the moment just too little information on what is actually planned.
I believe Music has raised some important points.
Let me add a few of my own:
- so far, the arena is only fun when you encounter teams that are close to your own team's strength. all other battles are only good for token farming - which in itself is not much better than an alt war.
- the arena offers a way to challenge people from the same clan to see who has the better build; how is that supposed to work with the changes?
- many teams consist of players who live in different time zones; how are these supposed to contribute when only 3 people can make a team - here is a change mandatory.
- to have a chance for winning an arena battle against a strong team means you must work constantly on your build to adapt to strategy changes, which in consequence necessitates trophy farming. given the limited time some people have, these demands are difficult to satisfy at the same time.
- are the clan masters supposed to forbid weaker teams to participate in the arena for fear of losing dominance and territory? and not have a chance for gaining tokens, which may be needed to succeed in the arena?
- what about the considerable efforts in time and money that some clans spent on dominance and territory - yes, alt wars are expensive if you want to reach a certain level. some of the above-mentioned remarks carry a flavor of envy towards the high-ranking clans, in particular chaos. will there be a compensation if dominance and territory are set back to zero?

In summary, although the way to gain dominance and territory via alt wars seems to be rather stupid, it very much helps to focus a clan to reach a certain goal. in that, it makes a clan strong, not only with regard to runes but also as a unit. Thus, I really do not follow all those people saying that alt or "fake" wars should be abandoned. Quite the opposite, actually. It just seems to me that clans who have not reached their limits should spent more effort on it and stop complaining about those who are working hard to gain the best possible runes etc.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #27
Ravenskar

Quote:
One of the issues that players have with the current clan system is how fake wars seem to be the preferred method of acquiring clan dominance and territory. One potential solution would be to shift clan territory and dominance gains to arenas as opposed to the war system. This would prevent the use of fake wars as a means to gain clan strength and access to high end runes and provide a better measure of clan strength. We would like player feedback on this potential change.

Why now after all this time is this suddenly a forefront issue?

How about something worthwhile like level cap raise?

How about balancing the characters out in the game?

All the people that quit Nod or are sick of Nod already didn't do so because of

"fake wars" ffs.

What are low level characters supposed to do?

What if some people aren't interested in PvP (that's actually most people).

What if your actual paying customers don't sit on their port-a-potties playing

all day and night therefore not having time to live in the arena 24/7

and actually develop toons as well?

So what, all the clans are going to depend on arena matches which may have level 20s vs level 80s?

You were right when you said designated PvP areas will be dominated by OP groups and the rest of the player base would lose interest. So now you want to force the whole game into arena matches 24/7?

Should spend a lot of money buying trophies to overskill their toons and pwn in arena just so you can raise the level cap later on, rinse repeat?

Get rid of clans altogether and make factions like Sap said. Then the factions can fight in arena and reap benefits that way for more people then just 100 at most. There's not enough people in the Nod community to support all this stuff
effectively and bad ideas like this just make less players not more.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #28
Ravenskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty View Post
it's so easy to get you to react, hilarious puppet.

It's so hard not to notice what a jealous little failure u r. <3

Old 05-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #29
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

jealous of what... you have nothing i want/need/envy

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 05-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #30
Relic
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenskar View Post
"fake wars" ffs.
Lmao, that's an awesome point. Allow me to input here:
Work on things that are making players quit Nod, DON'T work on things that will MAKE players quit Nod.

Quote:
Tons of them aren't, this is fact.

Quote:
Get rid of clans altogether and make factions like Sap said. Then the factions can fight in arena and reap benefits that way for more people then just 100 at most. There's not enough people in the Nod community to support all this stuff
Yeah dark/light factions is a great idea, kind of pwns the clan war system.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #31
Kyron
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Upon further thoughts, placing thought onto this matter reveals that it is a terrible idea (Arena only dom/ter), I would highly suggest that A: Glitchless either implement so that Arena only gives a little Dom/ter and you can still clan war, or B: Leave the system alone. Not to mention, clans have nothing to do with Arena anyways :/

However, if this is implemented, Arena needs to support more than 1 playing style, 3vs3 is not what everyone has designed their characters for, nor is that was they are interested in whatsoever.

There is a powerful crapstorm brewing.
Agreed, upon some more thought i came to the same conclusion.
Id like a buff for arena usage and a better thoughtout clanwars system (oh we did beg for this long enough - hard to fix it anyway).

TER AND DOM ONLY ARENA = U SIT 24/7 IN ARENA TO GET UR RUNES ! (might as well just quit the game then)

Old 05-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #32
Arach1
Crab Defiler

Quote:

"fake wars" ffs.

So what, all the clans are going to depend on arena matches which may have level 20s vs level 80s?

You were right when you said designated PvP areas will be dominated by OP groups and the rest of the player base would lose interest. So now you want to force the whole game into arena matches 24/7?

Should spend a lot of money buying trophies to overskill their toons and pwn in arena just so you can raise the level cap later on, rinse repeat?

+1

well, thats all I can say, cause I haz no time to chat here, must burn my RRT! not even talking bout wars or arenas...

Old 05-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #33
Tragicallyhip
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:

"fake wars" ffs.

^ Need I say more... I'm right there with Raven on all these points.

<-- Had to, That just never happens to me IRL

Last edited by Tragicallyhip; 05-09-2010 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #34
eradikator

this will ruin many players nod life, DONT DO IT

Old 05-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #35
Shadowfx
Neophyte

This potential patch is garbage. I actually have a REAL life, and I can't spend every waking moment in the arena. Lower levels get screwed with this patch. PLUS you would make it IMPOSSIBLE for a new clan to develop and grow strength. I agree fake wars are not the reason people are leaving this game. There are plenty of ACTUAL problems that could be addressed. Please don't waste your time on a NON-ISSUE FFS!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #36
Sonera
Rat Slayer

I think the idea is bad. In Arena the 'uber' teams dominate. So this idea make the strong clans stronger while the rest has no chance to get good runes. And it will prevent teams mixed from different clans. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the way clan wars are, but this idea is no good solution in my opinion.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #37
tamik
Boss Hunter

i dont like it, it seems to me that it will result into nerfing of arena.. we need more info and to think about it more

Old 05-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #38
Mircicutza
Neophyte

Bad idea, let PVE players enjoy this game, not depend on Pvp side of the game.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #39
aft
Neophyte

Again I gaining territory and dom through arena should be bonus and not the set in stone way to gain territory and dom. Whats wrong with alt wars or real clan war ? And if a clan decides to spend their gold, time and irl money on gaining the terr/dom then whats the problem because a few on NOD are not lazy lil girls who want everything handed to them. Its hard work and expensive retaining terr/dom as it is. Dont flush it down the drain with potental patch!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #40
Cohen

I agree with aft and Ravenskar

I also agree with SAP's about factions