Seer's BFF

Default New Items, Minor Fixes

thank you sir

epic foraging book please <3

be careful of those alpha nerds !!!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Would also be nice if epic tools could process multiple resources at a time ... for example, an epic dye press that can press 4 or more berries at a time to give 2 or more dyes vs. just 2 berries at a time to give 1 dye.

All epic resourcing tools imo should increase the chance to find higher tier items [I think they do that already, but if they don't, then they should ]

EDIT:
Also would be nice if epic tools gave extra xp. For example, an epic vegetable shovel should give maybe 60,000 xp per gardening episode if you normally get 50,000 xp.

Just some suggestions; my 2 cents.

Last edited by Conqueror; 08-03-2012 at 08:26 PM..

Old 08-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Jesspalm
Boss Hunter

oooh.. awesome. <3

Old 08-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Aesonicus
Gem Pouch Expert

Your 2 cents as in Give Me Moar For Less... Thats all i hear. Thank you Glitchy for the updates

Old 08-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
Conqueror
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesonicus View Post
Your 2 cents as in Give Me Moar For Less...
Lol

My 2 cents as in ... I love the update, and I think that these suggestions would make it better but its only 2 cents so in the end I don't really care if anything is changed and I am satisfied with the way things are ...

I am not the only one who has suggested multiple production before ... being able to press 4 berries at a time instead of 2 etc etc.

But yeah whatever man. No need to make this a bigger deal than it really is.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
angamaite
Boss Hunter

A little data with epic spade. Gob Swamp, non heroic with compass on a 95 gardening toon. first 40 results.

8, 6, 5, 4, 20, 19, 14, 8, 6, 9, 8, 11, 3, 12, 4, 15, 6, 5, 8, 14, 16, 4, 11, 7, 5, 12, 8, 9, 5, 21, 16, 3, 14, 3, 3, 8, 3, 4, 4, 15.

What damage does it do Glitch? Does it work better as a weapon?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
Raith
Gem Pouch Expert

The tools that give a little better resources are worth it, even if it rarely 'makes a diff' (as in, results in valuable stuff per pull), but the crafting items (dye/oil) simply being more portable is stupid. You sell items in town already, which means all your stuff has to go to a town in the end. For 500k+, you are better off buying 15x of the regular ones, dropping one in every town, walking back to the same town you already have to, and keeping the extra 450k.

The resourcing items are cool. The crafting items are a noob trap atm. If it's supposed to be worth it, it would either need to make +1 items (i.e. 2x t1 berries make a t2 dye with this thing) or make multiples at a time (i.e. 4x berries at once to make 2x dyes) or make more items with less resources (i.e. 3x berries make 2x dyes) or something actually valuable. Being easier to carry is worth about 25k, not 500k.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

It's a luxury Raith. And the fact that people (myself included) are buying it is proof of its worth. You can use them when out of town to decrease the weight of stuff - if you can't understand how that can help then you probably don't use the items.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
Atropos
Rare Collector

Im seriuosly Glitchless' big fan nao <3

Old 08-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
Atropos
Rare Collector

New epic crafting tools that got Invention rune like crafting bonus would be cool tew :3

Old 08-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
Olvan
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via AIM to Olvan

Ok so no one else asked so I will.

If you get pk'ed or you death match someone instead of plain rerolling, you don't keep your travel gear?

So then do bosses reset now??

Since some of the travel gear comes from bosses just very very curious.

Should not matter how you reroll, I find this plain mean and deliberate and surely just one more thing pushing me away from this game.

So do boss quests reset or not? Is this game still Beta or not??

Under the weight of a dark and barren land that lays before me, bearing the guilt and shame.

The invisible chains bind the soul tight, words slip away from parted lips.

Fighting to escape the blackness only to wonder back into its empty embrace.

Anger will only make the beast grow stronger, denial makes the fire of rage burn hotter.

Dance the dance of the eternal slumber, void of all life's great wonders.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
Olvan
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via AIM to Olvan

Matter of fact, over 4 years of crap and insults and things not getting taken care of until last minute have rubbed me the wrong way for the last time, I have been fighting to make myself log and help my clan and members now for over 2 months and after logging on to find this crap, yet another change to make the very few happy cause they can't just do what others are doing. But really, how the hell is this fair? There is nothing left here to want to continue, same ole same ole day in and out, just petty changes you give us and then a few months down the road you take them back, keeping travel gear was the only good thing that I was looking forward to and you could not just leave it be. Rerolling is rerolling no matter how you do it and its just wrong to change it yet again.

Keep it Glitch,

Olvan

Under the weight of a dark and barren land that lays before me, bearing the guilt and shame.

The invisible chains bind the soul tight, words slip away from parted lips.

Fighting to escape the blackness only to wonder back into its empty embrace.

Anger will only make the beast grow stronger, denial makes the fire of rage burn hotter.

Dance the dance of the eternal slumber, void of all life's great wonders.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
>.>
Auction Master

Bosses always have and still do drop travel gear if you do not have it or something better in your inventory. I can put my compass into storage and kill VD4 endless times to keep getting the inhibitor.

The pking or dming yourself was an exploit because it circumvented the soulbound part of gear. Yes, it should have been done long ago but here it is anyway.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #14
beetdabrat
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post
Bosses always have and still do drop travel gear if you do not have it or something better in your inventory. I can put my compass into storage and kill VD4 endless times to keep getting the inhibitor.

The pking or dming yourself was an exploit because it circumvented the soulbound part of gear. Yes, it should have been done long ago but here it is anyway.
I think resetting your character to circumvent sb gear was a fair price to pay.

Beet Da Brat

Old 08-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
Conqueror
Rare Collector

I think that boss drops should reset. I understand that there is a potential for exploitation but that can easily be addressed by extending the original 1 week timer between resets to 1 or 2 months between resets.

Lack of boss drops takes away from the fun of the game. Why punish people that are rerolling for legitimate reasons because of the actions of a few people that managed to find a way to exploit the system.

Besides, you have to understand that this was never such a big deal. I suck in game and I can easily top a million gold every 10 days or less in just gold chests (regular rrt farming). People that are much stronger than me could make a lot more gold by farming. If someone wants to reroll every 7 or so days, they are making there gold in a different way and there character will suck. It is a potential exploit, but it is not such a big deal. Increase the timer to a month, and walaa --- fixed. At most people will be able to do boss runs once a month for, lets say, a million gold, at the end of which they will have a really crappy character that needs a lot of work. Not to mention that in order to do this, they need to invest a lot of gold by having appropriately lvled overpowered player lvlers. Not everyone can exploit boss runs.

Oh well. Whatever. Done commenting on this patch. Time to move on.

Last edited by Conqueror; 08-04-2012 at 11:53 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #16
Huggles
Epic Scholar

TBH even with compass you are better off just store selling your Travel Gear and using PKK to reroll and keep your <SB> stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #17
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Are you planning on adding it to the message? Cause not everyone readss the forums and tehy'll be screwed if they don't know about the update and DM.