Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Aura Suggestion ~NEW
Old 08-04-2009, 02:34 AM   #1
Ancestor

Default Aura Suggestion ~NEW

instead of gem handling skill giving a +1% chance of pulling an aura gem from your top 2,3, & 4th top gem slots, I suggest it has the same mechanic as used for equiping more then one of the same type of gem.

EG: At level 10, 20, 50, and 75 you have a 100% chance of drawing that gem at the start of combat per Level Bracket you have accomplished.
(Yes I used 4 level brackets, because i believe there should be 4 aura gems available at the start of combat, especially for Paladins and Dark Knights)

Level 10 gem Handling- Aura Gem in second slot comes into combat automatically at the start of each battle.

Level 20 gem Handling- Aura Gem in third slot comes into combat automatically at the start of each battle.

Level 50 gem Handling- Aura Gem in fourth slot comes into combat automatically at the start of each battle.

Level 75 gem Handling- Aura Gem in fifth slot comes into combat automatically at the start of each battle.

Because i think that there are to many skills that give buff to auras both detrimental and beneficial/group based for it to just have a random occurence into battle.

If my build is specifically geared to use Auras, and you dont get them at the start of combat, PvP, or PVe alike, all your work and EXP was for nothing for that battle, and makes PvP battles MUCH to random.

Thanks for reading.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
Melusinenyxie
Auction Master

I agree wholeheartedly <3

Old 08-04-2009, 02:47 AM   #3
Ives

I suspect that the reason why it is according to chance is to encourage people to use a staff and increase gem draw speeds. Otherwise dwers will be overpowered...or stuff...

-lost her train of thought and goes back to the nod world where it is safe-

Old 08-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well you have a point in what you say but it also has its problems and you can guarantee that aura's do appear at the start oif combat already by getting it to lvl 100 though that might be hard and secondly fighting would become to easy with this change as it can be used to guarantee that you have powerfull aura's in play from start and it would also from the way your suggesting it make it so that you can start with 4-5 aura's in play which basically makes the victor be decided by luck in pvp and possibly also in pve rather then by actual skill so im against this idea as it would be bad for casters and everyone else as well in my opnion

Old 08-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Ancestor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor-warlord View Post
well you have a point in what you say but it also has its problems and you can guarantee that aura's do appear at the start oif combat already by getting it to lvl 100 though that might be hard and secondly fighting would become to easy with this change as it can be used to guarantee that you have powerfull aura's in play from start and it would also from the way your suggesting it make it so that you can start with **4-5** aura's in play which basically makes the victor be decided by luck in pvp and possibly also in pve rather then by actual skill so i'm against this idea as it would be bad for casters and everyone else as well in my opinion
Nah that aint what I wrote at all, i said 3-4 auras maximum not 4-5.

Warlord, I being a respectful as possible to your opinions, but this paragraph makes NO SENSE, Your saying that having your auras come into play automatically makes PvP depend on luck for the winner.....??? It appears as if you didn't understand what i wrote, so i will clarify.

Quote:
your suggesting it make it so that you can start with 4-5 aura's in play which basically makes the victor be decided by luck in pvp and possibly also in pve rather then by actual skill
If each player has a 100% of pulling there auras into play, the completely destroys the luck factor and makes PvP more fair.
(thats why i suggested this)

What i'm saying is this: Dark Knights, Pladins, and caster classes all use Auras as a very healthy part of thier builds, and put so much EXP into Aura Buffing skills, to start a battle with none or just 1-2 of your auras into play means for that battle you are not at full strength, which means people who use auras RELY ON LUCK, which is why i made this suggestion, luck should never be a factor for Auras, especially to classes who specialize in Auras.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Ancestor; 08-04-2009 at 10:51 AM..

Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
Ehlmaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestor View Post
What i'm saying is this: Dark Knights, Pladins, and caster classes all use Auras as a very healthy part of thier builds, and put so much EXP into Aura Buffing skills, to start a battle with none or just 1-2 of your auras into play means for that battle you are not at full strength, which means people who use auras RELY ON LUCK, which is why i made this suggestion, luck should never be a factor for Auras, especially to classes who specialize in Auras.

Thanks for reading
I AGREE WITH THIS PART 100%. As a Paladin Tank I am forced to choose between either A) getting my auras or B) getting my taunts. Right now I've got two gem bags - one full of auras for when the mob starts out the fight with me targeted (very rare) and one full of taunts for when it doesn't. With this change I'd be able to consolidate down to one bag, keeping the second open for escapes.

Would love this!

Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Ancestor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehlmaris View Post
I AGREE WITH THIS PART 100%. As a Paladin Tank I am forced to choose between either A) getting my auras or B) getting my taunts. Right now I've got two gem bags - one full of auras for when the mob starts out the fight with me targeted (very rare) and one full of taunts for when it doesn't. With this change I'd be able to consolidate down to one bag, keeping the second open for escapes.

Would love this!
Thank you for seeing & understanding the logic in this situation.
I can only hope that Glitchless can do the same.
Thank you.

Edit> Also, there is no way for this to be exploited, it just makes sense over the current method in my honest oppinion.
(With 79 Gem Handling, its still a rare occurence to draw all 3 Auras at the start of combat, I really support my suggestion)

Last edited by Ancestor; 08-04-2009 at 05:52 PM..

Old 08-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
Melusinenyxie
Auction Master

I still really support it. ^^; perfectly logical

<3

Old 08-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
sherman

The only aura I need.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
Morrodin
Gem Pouch Expert

WHo is this ancestor guy does he even play nodiatis?

Old 08-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
sherman

Yes, but it is up to HIM if he wants his in-game name revealed or not.

I know a secret

Old 08-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #12
Melusinenyxie
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Yes, but it is up to HIM if he wants his in-game name revealed or not.

I know a secret
I know it too

Old 08-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #13
Morrodin
Gem Pouch Expert

Wow, a secret in a game, it must be hard to keep And it must be vital information

Old 08-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #14
gailenstryker
Rare Collector

5th slot would be for paid players only with this idea though. 5 standard 6 premium. not really fair to frees, but it might encourage them to pay.

Just remember Today's raincheck is tomorrows' Golden Shower.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
Ancestor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailenstryker View Post
5th slot would be for paid players only with this idea though. 5 standard 6 premium. not really fair to frees, but it might encourage them to pay.
A great suggestion, I totally agree.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #16
Ancestor

BumP

Old 08-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #17
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

I agree to this thread and all it entails *gives seal of approval*.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #18
Ancestor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty View Post
I agree to this thread and all it entails *gives seal of approval*.
I agree that Flipy is agreeing.
Glitchless?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #19
Melusinenyxie
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestor View Post
I agree that Flipy is agreeing.
Glitchless?
I agree with you agreeing to agree with flippy's agreement.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #20
Ancestor

To all the people that have been asking "Why has Glitchless not viewed this suggestion, or responded?" I just sent an e-mail / Private Message letting them know where the thread is, and what it entails.

*bump*