Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #21
Lakki
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
builds that benefit: deft finality casters, tanks, melee toons.

Builds that suffer from having yet another line of anti stun gems (this makes the 3rd line. all 3 providing 100% stun immunity. so have fun shattering those): anyone who tries to utilize stuns in pvp.

now. glitch. stuns were strong. stunlock was stupid. but is your goal to make it impossible to stun entirely? 33% resist hogs...25% doublers...50% krisses?cc-immunity from unstoppable/toad.. 5-20% resist indifference... but all of this isn't enough. we don't need 1. nor 2. but 3 different stun (and to lesser extent mez) IMMUNITY gems. not resist. Immunity. (let's not forget the whole shatter resist thing here). you finally manage to draw your quake. you're wasting gem slots in poach on this gem. you're (in most cases) wasting stats in cnc on this gem. you hope to god it lands. and it does. then you finally get to try your luck against however many stun resist/immunity items the enemy has.

now? enemy could easily have 1-2 quakeproof stun immunities out. then you're trying to shatter it. then you gotta line your quake up to coincide with the shatter (that hopefully isn't resisted)(otherwise if they draw a normal stoic/ism after you shatter it's all for nothing).

personally. I have 0 characters that stun. stuns are boring. enraging even. but they were what made crush stand out. now? with all this anti stun crap. can you name 1 benefit to using a crusher over a slasher that can dice? oh. you can probably stunlock some weak caps that can't afford legendary gems I guess.

obviously stuns shouldn't go back to what they used to be. but again, are you trying to make stunning in and of itself impossible? they should be a viable strategic option. not overpowered, but not countered so extremely either.

and all of this comes from just 1 aspect of the gem. if combined with a toad...it has 2 more aspects that all combine and elevate it to a far superior status to a cure. 300 cure is useful. yes. but when dotters can cast 10k in damage by time that 300 cure procs. it's merely a supplemental effect at best. by itself it'd do nothing.
Bif's got nerfed, warhogs got buffed, doublers got buffed, krisses are OP, spear of unstoppable is good, and then toads.... so many incapacitate resist options now, and on top of that he even buffed Abnegation. That being said, the changes to incapacitates are perfect and he doesn't need to do anymore!

Stuns and Mez's are strong yes, but how the hell are you going to be able to burst down a strong toon running multiple toad gems? can you imagine if HK starts running these instead of supreme stoicisms? a tactic i used to use against him was quaking all of his supreme stoicisms, so that way he didn't have DoT cure, and the crusher or auto-attacking BM could stun him, but in this case, now he can buy toad gems, and not be stunned or mez'd. I don't think he'll run a regular toad for shatter resistance, but that can be a pain in the ass too.

Now the niche situational gems Quake and Flood will soon be useless when anyone with a brain switches from the lackluster DoT cure that comes from supreme stoicisms, to the quake/flood proof toad gems. IF i'm wrong, I'm wrong. but can already see it in the works lol

Old 06-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #22
Glitchless
Administrator

If we start seeing more toads than Timmies ever in arena, we can revisit this.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #23
Blaze
Epic Scholar

we're arguing gem is op without even adding the 2 toad procs tho~

tinyurl.com/nodsacademy
The link to the official forums thread for Nod's Blazing Academy. more useful info being added to it by the day.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #24
Freakymagic
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
If we start seeing more toads than Timmies ever in arena, we can revisit this.
That wont happen in this format. Ever. Very few builds have the option to run non timmy pets for sustain (sure they have "options" but those options are useless and will lead to loss's in this format rather then just he standard " i go timmies i go regen i kill nubs ezpz").

Come 1v1 you will see a more even distribution of pets with melee actually being able to use vamp as a possiblity since its not 3 ppl smacking your face, its just 1. Yet it will still be timmy favored, again, its the easiest cheapest most reliable sustain without a dedicated healer.

Come 3v3 premade, at least for the top placing teams, it will be toads/all the other pets you need to compete and no timmies.

Cant speak for others but my issue isnt that anuran is op or anything. Its the fact it is just flat better then supreme. (yes supreme has cure... its not enough to make a difference in 90+% of fights).

Add to the fact that it.. for some reason is immune to quakes that every other stun immunity gem is effected by... which makes no sense to me... no matter the rational of the hole its not the primary use of the gem.. its still a part of it, and a big part.

If you dont want it to be effected by quakes.. why not give it a different 2ndary proc? make it have a 300 heal instead of a cure? make it a 100% daze immune? Make it a 300 fading shield? etc etc... So many options why just copy paste 1 of the other lg gems available with added bonus's that make it far more useful?

Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:38 PM   #25
Tsutsu
Gem Pouch Expert

It's not like we're coming from a place of no experience with these issues glitch. We've been at the top of PvP for a long time now.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:50 PM   #26
Glitchless
Administrator

For those who had trouble reading it the first time:

Anuran is better than Stoicism in most cases, yes, but you lose the cure. Don't care about the cure? Nobody cares about you not caring about the cure. It exists and is significant enough to make stoicism the better choice in some cases. Not enough cases for you? Nobody cares.

Anuran does not supersede Stoicism in every way which you are trying to imply. And EVEN IF IT DID, the fact that they are different gems means Stoicism still would have a place in a pouch if you want more anti stun/mes gems than you can fit with just Anuran.

Closed Thread