Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Old 06-29-2008, 07:24 AM   #21
Somneil

We're not going by math or parsing or anything fancy like that. We just go by "feel" as suggested by Jeff and with what works. He's already stated he doesn't want stats to be easy enough for a smart player to figure out because generally once everyone is told the "ideal" distribution -- its cookie-cutter city.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #22
Jerome

my build will probably end up being a kind of cookie cutter because of how simple and effective it is. I call it the Jerogue :P Its the only thing i could think of where stats are rediculusly simple to distribute for it to work so i dunno, maybe jeff will add some other gem in red magic or something like that that will make it kinda obsolete, who knows

Old 06-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #23
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

so basically no matter what you do what is posted in here is suggestions that allow you to beat creatures up red and orange solo but you could just put everything into one of the 3 in all the 4 stat groups if thats what you want though what we are doing here is basically suggesting somethign to work your stat placements out from to give you a general idea of what you should get to get most out of your class

Old 07-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #24
Annatar

My guess as to why the level+100 suggested stat is because mobs probably have their stats split evenly so that a level 20 would have 120 stats everywhere. So having equal stats to a mob would make you in essence, even in terms of stats.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #25
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

yes i think thats the basic idea and it seems to work fairly well in fights

Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 AM   #26
Ehlmaris

My build on Ehl:

Melee: 50/50 Str/Dex
Magic: 100% MST
Defense: 50/50 Agi/Dur
Recovery: Completely ignoring for now; but when I do train, it will be 50/50 MRe/Reg

Works fairly well so far. As a Paladin, I am expecting myself to be doing lots of healing when grouped while still being able to do some decent damage. The Str/Dex ratio is primarily for slashing weapon proficiency, and with the Agi in there, my parry and blocking get a decent boost. I raised Dur as well so I can do a little tanking (might invest in some taunt gems later on). As for spells, all the ones I will use will be energy based once things start to take off for me. Until then I am using one energy and one mana, casting the mana healer about twice as often as the one that uses energy. Also, if I train Class Enhancement enough, the auras I use will be much more helpful.

I've solo'd the Bowman just after hitting level 8 with this build, only using the thick skin aura, the two basic heals, 81 ac, ancient falchion. Almost had him at level 7, just needed a bit more Dur :P

Old 07-11-2008, 06:13 AM   #27
doctor-warlord
Auction Master

well that build would probably be very effactive for melee chars but its no good for archers or spell casters

Old 07-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #28
Ehlmaris

That's the idea. This is a build for someone whose only purpose for spirit trophies is to access better healing and aura gems.

Parrying unarmed monk
Old 09-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #29
Ayabrea

Default Parrying unarmed monk

I'm thinking of setting up an unarmed tactician focusing mainly on agi, dur and dex. no magic.

I plan to use the zero mana/energy gems.

i won't be using armor too. i plan to put all the points in parry. I'm also thinking about getting a pet.

I suppose i'll have lot's of gold since i won't be buying anything. might as well save up for TCs (if i live long enough.)

i thought about this build when i met an alcoholic monk (calls his style the drunken monkey) and that was the first time i found out about the unarmed abilities.

it appears that your max damage is equal to your level if you use unarmed fighting. Can we get statistics for this? That is why i need to level up fast.

The only problem so far with this builld is that it seems to take too long to kill mobs. there is little chance of me getting hit because of hi AGI but i have to figure out how to raise my max damage.

Please post comment