Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-06-2016, 03:28 AM   #21
Redeye
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Redeye's Avatar
 
Redeye is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 299
Default

Also to add on. The burning a tc for more hrs of rrt is the main reason for our tc prices to rise. The the more OP the toons get, the more gold, which allows them to make more profit from burning tcs for more rrt. After that they get even more OP so they make even more gold, causes tcs to rise more while they can still manage profit.

To break it down:
Buy TC>TC burn>Profit>Stronger>Repeat

Basically our tc prices are based on the the highest profit maker to burn a TC for rrt. Repeating this process tcs prices will always rise faster than what other toons can keep up.
__________________




Last edited by Redeye; 09-06-2016 at 03:33 AM..
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 03:37 AM   #22
NoRemorse
Seer's BFF
 
NoRemorse's Avatar
 
NoRemorse is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Airborn
Posts: 741
Default

Some crafters spend hours just on crafting, i log on to recruit for dtnor and see pm's and stay logged for 24 hours , my alts have autorelog on , my pc is on 24/7.

I think one of the strongest points of Nod is the ability to talk , whether it is trolling/getting aggitated/friendly chat etc. The tight community is one of the reasons why Nod still exsist i think.

We all have people we like and dislike and we all get into fights with eachother at some point, but to limit the time to be logged on could make a lot of people quit nod. With that happening and the playerbase already not being too large I fear for the worst for the future of Nod.

As final thought, I am also holding one account that is not mine for a friend but the account is a pilgrim and I farm the accoutn just as much as I farm my accounts and I do not do arena. I might be somewhat biased to all of this. I do agree that 24/7 farming by several people on one account is harmful to the game.
How to fix this .... I really do not know.


Just my 2 cents
__________________
"Hit the lights" because we can always "Enter Sandman"
Life with "NoRemorse" till we hear "for whom the bell tolls"
Purpose of life: Be able to look in the mirror at the end of the day and be satisfied with it
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 04:27 AM   #23
hotshot64
Epic Scholar
 
hotshot64's Avatar
 
hotshot64 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,070
Default

My proposal is a partial solution, like any other proposal will be. Regardless, limiting login time is a terrible, terrible idea that would piss me and a lot of other people the hell off. Limiting PLAY time is another thing, and that's what rested time is designed to do in the first place, so it's my view that removing the ability to burn TCs for RRT (with either an exception for pilgrims or a reduction in pilgrim difficulty) is the best solution.
__________________
https://nodtools.net
Your comprehensive source for Nodiatis calculators and information.



  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 06:24 AM   #24
Soxson
Epic Scholar
 
Soxson's Avatar
 
Soxson is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: in bed with misguided
Posts: 2,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64 View Post
My proposal is a partial solution, like any other proposal will be. Regardless, limiting login time is a terrible, terrible idea that would piss me and a lot of other people the hell off. Limiting PLAY time is another thing, and that's what rested time is designed to do in the first place, so it's my view that removing the ability to burn TCs for RRT (with either an exception for pilgrims or a reduction in pilgrim difficulty) is the best solution.
Finally, a practical solution. Here's my version of your solution. Limit the number of TCs you can burn daily (though pilgs have no limit). The stumbling blow to this though is that honest heavy farmers like Nomicon and Darklords tend to burn a ton of RRT despite hardly having ever shared.
__________________
Praise the hindu gods!
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 06:58 AM   #25
devil
Gem Pouch Expert
 
devil is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 486
Default

is that 84 hours rrt usuage/arena time?

would we be able to tw/craft once the 84 hours rrt are up (if you dont have tm/grinder then tough luck)

would we still be able to chat and use tm features (helping clan members out with quests/walking stuff from town to town and other non profit things) once the 84 hours are up?

those are my main 3 questions as
Quote:
limit weekly play on a character
would be for everyone and as unlikely as it sounds to hit 84 hours in a week it can be done
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 07:28 AM   #26
Darklords
Rare Collector
 
Darklords's Avatar
 
Darklords is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: london england
Posts: 805
Default

Once again removong tcs from giving rrt I cannot support this suggestion would turn my game time from 6 hours+ on aworking day down to an hour. Then on the weeekend id just log for an hour instead of playing for upwards of twelve hours... there is a solution but this isnt it. Once again your thoughts are punishing the ability to gain 7 hours rrt from grinder upgrade. And effect the whole game personally it world ruin nod for me...

Glitch I want somthing done about this but however I will not support somthing that affects the people who are not sharing.
__________________








Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 08:05 AM   #27
Blaze
Boss Hunter
 
Blaze is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklords View Post
Once again removong tcs from giving rrt I cannot support this suggestion would turn my game time from 6 hours+ on aworking day down to an hour. Then on the weeekend id just log for an hour instead of playing for upwards of twelve hours... there is a solution but this isnt it. Once again your thoughts are punishing the ability to gain 7 hours rrt from grinder upgrade. And effect the whole game personally it world ruin nod for me...

Glitch I want somthing done about this but however I will not support somthing that affects the people who are not sharing.
kinda want the best of both worlds then. aside from limiting play time or such is there any solution glitch can do that wouldn't affect you too severly? checking where each ip is adding in people using proxies and such... ip don't work. make it so you need to click a link in an email to log the toon? aside from that options seem limited
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #28
Darklords
Rare Collector
 
Darklords's Avatar
 
Darklords is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: london england
Posts: 805
Default

Your calling it the best of both worlds however I dont share so why should my gameplay be limited by the people that do?

Correct me if im wrong but didny you say that if glitch made it clear toon sharing is forbidden you would stop?

There for id say make it clear that enough is enough. Give fair enough warning and then start banning people. Not punish the people that follow terms and conditions...
__________________








Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 AM   #29
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert
 
Boog's Avatar
 
Boog is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Using IP addresses as a means of detection or prevention is too easy to get around and would result in hassles for players without adding any real prevention.

The only viable way to prevent the benefits of toon sharing (not toon sharing itself) would be to limit weekly play on a character to something like 12*7 = 84 hours. This would keep us from hurting people who wanted to go on a bender and play 48 hours straight and still prevent toon sharers from getting more than 12 hours per day value from a character.

We'd be interested to hear if there are any objections to such a plan, and for what reasons.
This is not OK.

I keep my toon logged for 10 hours a day at work, sometimes to listen for arena. Sometimes just to chat. So, if I go home after work and want to play, I only get 2 hours of real gameplay? Or do I just have to not log all day?

I agree toon sharing has wrecked the integrity and competitive nature of Nod by allowing some toons to be farmed by multiple people seemingly all day/night. In no way should you hinder the honest people, however.

TechnoBooger
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 09:30 AM   #30
Soxson
Epic Scholar
 
Soxson's Avatar
 
Soxson is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: in bed with misguided
Posts: 2,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklords View Post
why should my gameplay be limited by the people that do?
It's been happening for years mate. Glitch ruined the gift box system on s1 cause of the mess that the botters made of s2.
__________________
Praise the hindu gods!
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #31
Blaze
Boss Hunter
 
Blaze is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklords View Post
Your calling it the best of both worlds however I dont share so why should my gameplay be limited by the people that do?

Correct me if im wrong but didny you say that if glitch made it clear toon sharing is forbidden you would stop?

There for id say make it clear that enough is enough. Give fair enough warning and then start banning people. Not punish the people that follow terms and conditions...
glitch has always said it's forbidden. if he actually starts enforcing it i'd be willing to stick to my 4 and not log any more. could be debated that my 4 are toon sharing but i've had email for 2 years so cba to argue about that.

i'm only playing my 4 anyway atm and idc much if others are unable to log my toons.

but you wanted glitch to give his thoughts. he did by suggesting the time limit that is receiving much hate. ip has been explained why it don't work. aside from something like i mentioned of needing to click confirm in an email not much else he can do is there?

i at least assume most nodders wouldn't be willing to give passes to their emails out. really begging for scammers then...

Last edited by Blaze; 09-06-2016 at 12:42 PM..
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #32
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,329
Default

To clarify, the initial concept was to limit active gameplay, not logged time. It's hard to conceive that a single person would be able to average 12+ hours of actual active gameplay (ie actually doing game actions other than chatting or just sitting there logged on or in queue) over a weekly period. And if we raised it to 105 hours a week or 15 hours a day, it's honestly not even a physical reality.

If toon sharing is indeed a serious problem, this is the solution, but people would need to really support it in order to happen.

Changing the way TCs work would impact tons of non-sharers and is not an option. We are not looking to change the game on any fundamental level, just possibly limit excessive use of characters that is a clear indicator of sharing.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #33
hotshot64
Epic Scholar
 
hotshot64's Avatar
 
hotshot64 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,070
Default

As long as login time isn't impacted, I say go for it.
__________________
https://nodtools.net
Your comprehensive source for Nodiatis calculators and information.



  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #34
NoRemorse
Seer's BFF
 
NoRemorse's Avatar
 
NoRemorse is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Airborn
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
To clarify, the initial concept was to limit active gameplay, not logged time. It's hard to conceive that a single person would be able to average 12+ hours of actual active gameplay (ie actually doing game actions other than chatting or just sitting there logged on or in queue) over a weekly period. And if we raised it to 105 hours a week or 15 hours a day, it's honestly not even a physical reality.

If toon sharing is indeed a serious problem, this is the solution, but people would need to really support it in order to happen.

Changing the way TCs work would impact tons of non-sharers and is not an option. We are not looking to change the game on any fundamental level, just possibly limit excessive use of characters that is a clear indicator of sharing.
How about if the playerbase feels someone is unreasonably abusing the system by being farmed by several people the playerbase reports them at abuse@glitchless.com and you look up if it is a possibility?

Not sure if that is already an option , trying to help that is all
__________________
"Hit the lights" because we can always "Enter Sandman"
Life with "NoRemorse" till we hear "for whom the bell tolls"
Purpose of life: Be able to look in the mirror at the end of the day and be satisfied with it
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #35
Glitchless
Administrator
 
Glitchless's Avatar
 
Glitchless is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
How about if the playerbase feels someone is unreasonably abusing the system by being farmed by several people the playerbase reports them at abuse@glitchless.com and you look up if it is a possibility?

Not sure if that is already an option , trying to help that is all
That's not an option. It would look like we were playing favorites, and all we would do would be to check total active time, which is what we're suggesting limiting. And our current suggestion is superior since it would prevent toon sharing abuse prior to it occurring and also not result in bans.
__________________
Computing the probability that at least one of the following events will occur:
P(a or b ... or z) = 1 - P(!a and !b ... and !z)
Probability
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #36
NoRemorse
Seer's BFF
 
NoRemorse's Avatar
 
NoRemorse is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Airborn
Posts: 741
Default

ah okay fair enough
__________________
"Hit the lights" because we can always "Enter Sandman"
Life with "NoRemorse" till we hear "for whom the bell tolls"
Purpose of life: Be able to look in the mirror at the end of the day and be satisfied with it
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #37
Darklords
Rare Collector
 
Darklords's Avatar
 
Darklords is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: london england
Posts: 805
Default

As much as I dislike the cap on playing time I guess this would be the best way of dealing with the issue.

If for example I was planning to take a full week off work an intended to farm above the alloted time frame is there a possibility to have it removed for that week? Because seriously nod is life for some of us.
__________________








Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #38
Blaze
Boss Hunter
 
Blaze is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklords View Post
As much as I dislike the cap on playing time I guess this would be the best way of dealing with the issue.

If for example I was planning to take a full week off work an intended to farm above the alloted time frame is there a possibility to have it removed for that week? Because seriously nod is life for some of us.
That'd be special treatment. Unless everyone was allowed to temporarily remove limit. But then wouldn't it be back to square 1?
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #39
Darklords
Rare Collector
 
Darklords's Avatar
 
Darklords is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: london england
Posts: 805
Default

Blaze. For the 5th time I am not a toon share so we shouldnt even be limited by these rules in the first place.

Its you and a few others who swap chars each arena season which drive me insane. However I wasnt asking you.
__________________








Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #40
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar
 
Sanlucifer's Avatar
 
Sanlucifer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Heaven from Hell, blue skies on pain
Posts: 1,892
Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklords View Post
Blaze. For the 5th time I am not a toon share so we shouldnt even be limited by these rules in the first place.

Its you and a few others who swap chars each arena season which drive me insane. However I wasnt asking you.
This option wouldnt even change a thing in regards of that arena problem, in fact... in a way.. this method would most likely encourage people to toon share and feel safe, in my opinion at least.

Personally, i do understand how toon sharring could affect some people but i do not believe this would be a solution, in fact... i dont think there will ever be one realistic solution in the side of Glitchless unless he does really invest A LOT and im sure we do not want that.

On the other hand, we could start with us, the player base, the community... identifying who are abusing it big times and doing some kind of embargo or there would be something related to that, reputation or something that could ...in some way... make them think twice before sharring like crazy.

On the other hand... the 84 hours or whatever method is not that bad of an idea , at least it could help in a way to limit a bit those exploiters of farming 1 toon with many hands.
__________________

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM
Boards live since 05-21-2008


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.