Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

Old 05-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #21
Nomicon
Crab Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
Glitch has stated before nod is f2p as is and has no plans to ever offer a temporary newbie bonus such as standard for a couple weeks or anything. As virts also take tcs I'm fairly sure he'll use same response there as nod is already f2p.
In the end, you are of course right blaze, nod is f2p already. Glitch could just keep hammering out another 5 years of the same, but i don't see the community growing at all in that case. Even with dedicated mobile apps, getting the game in front of 10 million new players may not work if none of them stay.

A TC is a huge motivation for new players, and costs glitch nothin.

I seriously suggest offering a soulbound TC to new players that reach level 30 and join a clan. That would give them a month of STD time to get them over the 'hump' and get to cap. I think the odds of them purchasing one with real funds go up about 300% after that.

Quote:
Only way new players are getting a starter tc is if us rich caps decide to be charitable.
If glitch won't help, then you are 100% correct and ill gladly chip in golds for a daily TC for new players. I offered multi TC raffles in the past when i was in stats. However, without associating accounts how would anyone know I wouldn't be giving the TC back to myself?

...which brings me to my next point.

Jorel made a very interesting comment to me today in NOVA clan chat:

Quote:
"Somewhere along the way, the design of nod has become focused on preventing veteran players from exploiting the system, instead of growing the game"
He's right.

This mindset is exactly what is stifling growth.

I have been a part of the problem myself. Preventing exploits is the first thing I consider when game changes are proposed. Nod has all sorts of roadblocks to prevent cheating, accordingly it gets too hard for new players and they quit...its a never ending cycle.

I think associating accounts is the first step to preventing exploitation once and for all so that it is possible to know when a new player really is 'new', and start offering some freebies for new accounts.

My advice to glitch:
  • Complete dedicated mobile apps
  • ease the intro gameplay
  • reward good player behaviour
  • make it a safe community that can moderate/punish bad players on its own by associating accounts and giving clan masters more tools. A simple blacklist would be a great starter so that masters could flag troublesome toons.

This will change things drastically IMO.

From glitch's point of view, it must be super annoying when people try and tell you how to do your job. It's always easy to be an expert when you have none of the responsibility, or knowledge of whats going on behind the scenes.

But I hope he can take this thread not as criticism but as an effort to improve growth because honestly we can't be losing players like six unless we are brining in new blood to replace them.

Last edited by Nomicon; 05-20-2016 at 01:56 PM..

Old 05-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #22
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

daily lottos could b alright too like the ash lotto on rwk

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 05-20-2016, 09:02 PM   #23
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

Jeff was on the other day, and done a TC giveaway with Movie trivia (i won yay) but more things like that, and i said it at the time, even just doing what alot of the older players do, and jumping on and saying hi. Having a chat with people, answering questions if allowed to, like how goes the updates, anything you need help on from the community etc.

Hell even story time returning would help out at this point. I remember we all loved that, people would SS it all, and then post in the forums for those that missed. It was great fun.

More interaction with the community, as part of the community, not just as owner/dev, would help improve moral imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #24
Bren_nerb
Gem Pouch Expert

I support anything that will help encourage growth to the game.

Runes I mean.. Uptiering great. Dismantling and crafting them would be better tbh, I have been searching for select runes for weeks now with very little success (although everyone has put in a massive effort to help) most of the players seem to encounter runes 2 and higher now which is not very useful to someone who needs runes 60k and less rp per month.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #25
Baewi
Gem Pouch Expert

I was told to support this

SUPPORT

Old 05-21-2016, 12:27 AM   #26
danielrox
Boss Hunter

I like what i read here.. and yes i think the main issue is veteran players exploiting the efforts to encourage new players to stick around.. and it seems that preventing exploitation is hard to do when making things easier for new players. we also need to think of just over all improvements to the games interface, layout and performance that makes it more convenient for everyone without backlash of exploitation. id like to see more here about skill suggestions or anything in game really that does not involve account upgrades and how quickly new players can obtain them. make players less reliant on upgrades/real life purchasable items and yes it can be exploitable to some extent but that's seeing from the point of view from how the current game is. i don't think it would be a bad idea to give low levels something to make things easier.. even if it doesn't involve tcs, i think an exp boost of some sort, or maybe trophy bonus such as bgt/mc works for caps.. im just thinking off the top of my head. but i believe there is no 'easy' way to change things so that more new players are inclined to stick around and not be exploited by veteran players, sadly.. though i think more along the lines of changing how dependent we are on upgrades, because without upgrades nobody wants to play the game lets be honest... providing things are a little bit easier for un-upgraded toons to make a living in nod, i believe more people will be sticking around. for example allow them to do some sort of craft/resource activities that will provide some amount of return, even if small.. im sure little things like that will improve the game for them.. though im sure there's cons but perhaps in some cases the pros will outweigh them.
thanks for reading.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:16 AM   #27
Soxson
Epic Scholar

O: dan wrote a paragraph. I'm so proud of you kid.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:39 AM   #28
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros View Post
Jeff was on the other day, and done a TC giveaway with Movie trivia (i won yay) but more things like that, and i said it at the time, even just doing what alot of the older players do, and jumping on and saying hi. Having a chat with people, answering questions if allowed to, like how goes the updates, anything you need help on from the community etc.

Hell even story time returning would help out at this point. I remember we all loved that, people would SS it all, and then post in the forums for those that missed. It was great fun.

More interaction with the community, as part of the community, not just as owner/dev, would help improve moral imo
:{ meh. People don't really encourage that when they can't take a joke from him. Can't blame him for interacting less when people rant at him for his jokes.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:35 AM   #29
Lakki
Gem Pouch Expert

strongly supporting this thread. Bump

Old 05-24-2016, 10:09 PM   #30
Barsoom
Boss Hunter

Very supportive of the ideas here.

Agree that the toon-sitting concept is probably not going to happen, although Viper made some good suggestions to make it workable.