trader CA pve
Old 03-22-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Default trader CA pve

Since talking about class abilities I would like to point out fact that while stun/mezz/daze don't work on 130+ and epic beasts...blinds do. I assume this means trader CA works (could be wrong but kinda doubt CA is prevented while proc isn't otherwise smash could work). 3 people with double accel would have 1 minute cooldowns. 3 trader class abilities is 30 seconds of blind every minute. Not counting blinds that archers can randomly proc. WIth Archer being one of the most popular high end pve builds (even just 1 double caster can drain 132 hero to remove all gem damage) so removing half the melee damage by making boss be unable to even land a hit seems OP. Ofc it could be intended for blind to be the way to go. It's still the hardest to proc overall since besides trader it just comes down to rng.

Epic beast is next. This one is more important since while unlikely for it (lot more likely for lg beasts) beasts are quite weak vs blinds. I've seen it miss like 30 times in a row. Tanks generally go tact to last longer but triple blind would keep all 3 members alive just as long as if they were triple tact where epic beast could kill others at that time unless they taunt. So 3 dps setups with trader > a taunting tact.

Tl;Dr: trader is fine in pvp but in pve with blinds being only thing to affect top end bosses & beasts seems OP.

Plox post your opinions :{

Last edited by Blaze; 03-22-2016 at 10:20 AM..

Old 03-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #2
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

Interesting for bosses. Absolutely worthless for beasts , compared to Tact.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Tact only keeps one person alive. Maybe 3 if he taunts. If 3 people use trader all 3 would survive regardless of taunts. Well. Actually I forgot about epic's DK CA that can't miss. Not as OP for beasts compared to Tact actually I agree

Last edited by Blaze; 03-16-2017 at 04:46 PM..

Old 03-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #4
>.>
Auction Master

Gem damage also would get through on beasts. I tried it awhile back with chloe and some other archer i can't remember. With 1 trader and 2 2h archers we kept it blind locked for 45s at one point which nullified all melee damage. You can counter the gem damage with the anti caster gems however and make it kill itself as it flails about trying to hit you.

You could always have a double cast archer using shield gems, maybe 2, and 1 dps double cast archer to keep it blinded via arrows and secondary traders. The shield gems would counter DK CA to a point and give you enough time to lay some serious hurt

Old 03-22-2016, 02:33 PM   #5
Enduir
Auction Master

OP tic tacs, especially as we all know archery blind proc is like 90% ffs glitch j/s buddy beat me with one suit please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
You won't be warned again.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
Blaze
Boss Hunter

just find this thread funny since this is how the only team has killed 142 hero. double cast dders drain it then blindlock.

why not just let them be stunned if they're allowed to be blinded this much while drained cuz of double cast dders? qq

Last edited by Blaze; 03-16-2017 at 04:47 PM..