Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Last Minute Arena Combatants
Old 02-13-2016, 12:54 AM   #1
Seastar
Neophyte

Default Last Minute Arena Combatants

It seems particularly demoralizing to work hard in arena for months only to have late entrants steal huge amounts of hard won ratings in an instant. Even if we don't lose slow rating on that bout, we do on following fights due to the discrepancy between fast & slow ratings.
Could we possibly have a minimum participation level to be considered for final standings?
Maybe 100 fights a month minimum during each full month the arena is going on?
Maybe no new participants past the half way point of the season?

Old 02-13-2016, 01:04 AM   #2
Seastar
Neophyte

The minimum number of fights to qualify to participate rule might also eliminate some of the arena Q dodging that is occurring with folks running hiding when hard toons are on.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:09 AM   #3
jaym
Gem Pouch Expert

Please jeff i really like this suggestion make some adjustment for this we want minimum fight for i think 500 fights or 1000. thank you very much we hope that you will arrange or something to fix this we concern for the toons who played such a longtime in arena.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:13 AM   #4
Seastar
Neophyte

I like the idea of a minimum # of fights for the season since it will force folks to rush to get them in as fast as they can in case season is shorter than expected.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:44 AM   #5
austen
Gem Pouch Expert

support

Old 02-13-2016, 02:36 AM   #6
Darklords
Rare Collector

something put in to stop toon doing rush weak would be great. also arena dodging is a major factor.

80% of toons give 1 rating.

10% of toons take 10 - 30 rating.

10% of toons dodge when there is some 1 who can kill them online.

so once u get into the top 10 ur killing 50 toons for 1 rating then loose 3 fights to the 10% who can kill u and u just wasted 4 hours of arena for what? the 10% of people u get high rating off are dodging*

the current system promotes people to dodge to keep what little rating they have gained

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Last edited by Darklords; 02-13-2016 at 02:40 AM..

Old 02-13-2016, 02:57 AM   #7
chanzy
Rat Slayer

support all the way

Old 02-13-2016, 03:22 AM   #8
Akilthedestroyer
Seer's BFF

Support, but honestly, it's difficult to cater to everyone's needs... There'll be people who will say they were on a break, and come back to play? Why should they suffer for having a life? There are so many factors to include in this that it becomes a monumental task.
The current rating system is a result of all these, so I believe any changes should occur from next solo arena season (and possibly team season) with prior information about these changes.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:35 AM   #9
marzus
Gem Pouch Expert

You cannot skip leg days! If you work hard on getting a spot in arena, try working hard on getting a good pvp gear in order for the previous not to be in vain.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:53 AM   #10
austen
Gem Pouch Expert

Here's an idea for dodger's que once a hour or even 30 minutes and you stayed qu'ed for that amount of time regarless of how many fights

Old 02-13-2016, 04:53 AM   #11
austen
Gem Pouch Expert

Just like the old PK system

Old 02-13-2016, 06:19 AM   #12
Iesus
Boss Hunter

This is just one of the 4 problems that created after the removal of Double drop chance from people that are afk in arena fights. The behaviour of players changed about arena after that and caused more problems than before. Another one is for example the not so high level players die to fast inarena and most of them in less than a second, most of them i suspect don't even do arena, there is no motive for them to spend time and gain nothing. Another is High skilled players that don't mind to lose some rating but could put once in a while the arena queue don't gain anything to queue and just die and lose raing without any other bonus. Etc. Give back the bonus chance and the behaviour will return to a more realistic and funny situation.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:39 AM   #13
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Strongest toon should win arena. Not guy who has no life to the point they can invest half a year to queueing. Get decent win more rushers aren't an issue. People whine about rushers every season. With how active I am on forums you didn't see me making a bunch of threads crying about rushers last season when they could have screwed me out of champ by making us lose max rating. That's cuz strongest should win.

Last edited by Blaze; 02-13-2016 at 08:20 AM..

Old 02-13-2016, 08:17 AM   #14
paulodjohn
Seer's BFF

I do not support,

The problem is not people queuing when arena is nearly over the problem is the arena season is way too long. If the best toon starts arena with one month or a few weeks to go they still deserve to win if they are the best toon.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #15
Freakymagic
Boss Hunter

I dont support.

Unless you need tokens theres no reason to que all season. The length is too long and its such a grind. A toon grinding the full season doesn't deserve to be higher rated then a better toon that started near the end.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:05 PM   #16
Excellence
Seer's BFF

Yeah def not supproting this either. It's fairly stupid. You can't expect everyone to be able to q 6 months straight and if they flunk 1 month they get excluded. If you are strong enough, sure, random loss hurts and sucks, but you can find a way to stop that someone until he catches up. Many things were introduced to slow down rushers and it's fine as is. Strongest deserve to be up there rather than someone who is in q all day long. And besides, you got your reward. Bunch of tokens and farm bonus throughout the whole season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
You'd be surprised how much Excellence helped me in arena, he carried me both seasons so I can't thank him enough for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
ill admit ex is a real toon though... >_> god i'll never hear the end of my saying that

Old 02-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #17
>.>
Auction Master

If they beat you and take your "hard earned rating" then I guess they deserve to be placed higher than you. Forcing them to play all season just means instead of going up to 10th place pre rushers then dropping to 30th once the rushers start, you will hover at 30th all season.

A simple fix for rushers is to be better than them, then they cannot take your rating. If you are not stronger why should you place higher?

Old 02-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #18
Tharkas
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post
A simple fix for rushers is to be better than them, then they cannot take your rating. If you are not stronger why should you place higher?
This is so true it hurts

Old 02-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #19
Roeth
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post
If they beat you and take your "hard earned rating" then I guess they deserve to be placed higher than you. Forcing them to play all season just means instead of going up to 10th place pre rushers then dropping to 30th once the rushers start, you will hover at 30th all season.

Nuff said.