Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Arena System
Old 04-25-2015, 08:21 PM   #1
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer
Exclamation Arena System

Any plans on adding a new arena system that allows good players to win? i mean not only players that can Q? the most.

I was happy with the 3vs3, it had good fights and at least a little strategy involved and it wasnt base on who could q?the most.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

I usually dont post things out of the blue when im bad, at least not without a reasoning.

So i decided 5min ago to check top list for the people with the highest number of fights, in any order and i got this-

Marzus 67% 2,633/1,284
Yadocxer 68% 3,295/1,529
Thorin 86% 4,100/690
Ghosttamer73% 4,648/1,729
Redeye 62% 3,449/2,119

Im pretty sure you can see where this is going...

Old 04-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Enduir
Auction Master

I dunno if queuing a lot is the only reason those guys are top 5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
You won't be warned again.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

I dont understand your sarcasm and i dont love it.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:33 PM   #5
Glitchless
Administrator

Which of those people doesn't deserve their spot?

People specifically asked for an arena system where participation played a role, where people could not come in last minute and storm their way to the top.

There is a hardcap on the amount of arena fights a person can even participate in, intended to prevent people from around-the-clock play from multiple loggers. If people think this cap is currently too high to prevent that, we need to know about it in a forum post that says that.

However, to start crying "bot" because a person with a 62% win ratio in a random match-up arena has clawed their way to the top 5 is just sour grapes as these people are clearly not botting and you know that. Anything over 50% in such a matching system is impressive, as it indicates you are a contributing force to victory. Over 60% with thousands of fights is exceptional.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:52 PM   #6
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
Which of those people doesn't deserve their spot?

People specifically asked for an arena system where participation played a role, where people could not come in last minute and storm their way to the top.Participation always had a huge roll.

There is a hardcap on the amount of arena fights a person can even participate ina thousand...make it 30, every 12 hours and let the good players also have a roll., intended to prevent people from around-the-clock play from multiple loggers. If people think this cap is currently too high to prevent that, we need to know about it in a forum post that says that i do not understand why people havent complain about it on forums, i hear it all the time on chats..

However, to start crying "bot" because a person with a 62% win ratio in a random match-up arena has clawed their way to the top 5 is just sour grapes as these people are clearly not botting and you know that. Anything over 50% in such a matching system is impressive, as it indicates you are a contributing force to victory. Over 60% with thousands of fights is exceptional.
i do accept that i am very very sour and i do apologize , of course they are not botting , i know them all and they are good friends and they deserve to be there, im just very sour atm tbh irl wtf.
Find my answers in blue fonts in between your paragraphs.

I guess what i am trying to say is that you are right in every single point but i am too, we shall meet in the middle if u know what i mean ( i really hope you do know what i am trying to say), i really mean it, why not? it would be perfectly fair for even more people.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:35 PM   #7
Glitchless
Administrator

A big problem is the fact that people think that talking about a desired change in civil is the same thing as suggesting it -- it is not. We need feedback backed by reasons on the forums.

You've suggested a cap of 30 per day which would be 300 per 10 days, down from 100 per 10 days. Does anyone have an issue with that number and think it needs to be higher?

Old 04-25-2015, 10:41 PM   #8
Skredperson
Boss Hunter

300 per 10 days? I'd never reach 300 rating, unless i won every single match and got 1 rating gain. I don't have time to farm every day let alone arena like other players do. I'm perfectly happy with 1k matches in 10 days, gives me a chance when I get the free time.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous mother****ers in the jungle.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #9
Skredperson
Boss Hunter

500 rating...not 300

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous mother****ers in the jungle.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:56 PM   #10
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Sk"read", i think it would be like this:

10 days ok? you start with 300 at day 1 and you could do 300 fights ( doubt it really u would ever do more than 200 a day more realistic 100 i believe, if u q all day and its decent...)...

Lets say you did 120 fights theres a "refill/replenisher" i believe of 30 fights every day so u could do on day 2 180+30) or i think u only get 30 each day that you get down the 300 fights? im not quite sure ( hopefully).

Anyways im too up there.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:56 PM   #11
Glitchless
Administrator

Skred, who do you arena on? The character Skred has a total of 408 fights so far the entire season. With 30 fights per day, you could do that in under 2 weeks. Right now it looks like Ghosttamer has the most fights with around 6300 after about 75 days of arena, that's 84 games a day on average, so our cap of 100 a day is clearly not having any legitimate effect on anyone.

We'll definitely be knocking down the daily cap, and the total stored cap will move with it to whatever 10x the daily cap is. Anyone else have feedback on what they think the new daily cap should be on matches?

Old 04-26-2015, 12:00 AM   #12
Skredperson
Boss Hunter

always on Skred, my fights are low because I can't always tab back to Nod while working on articles and other things.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:03 AM   #13
Baewi
Gem Pouch Expert

I'm good with a lower Cap. Do it up.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:14 AM   #14
danielrox
Boss Hunter

lower cap would be beneficial to everyone, my only concern is active people that usually queue a lot (considering there is no more than 2 matches going on at any one time it seems) will be likely to run out of matches causing even more inactivity in arena. sure there are times when there are lots of fights happening but at others there is barely 1 fight every half hour. From what i can see a good solution to the inactivity would be allowing more flexibility while in queue.
For example - allowing people to toggle static bosses for boss farming while in arena would have a large impact on the amount of people that participate. I would also like to suggest having the 'potentially difficult zone' raised to black mobs or something like that. It is quite frustrating being restricted moving around ust when most people kill them mobs in less than 10 seconds.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:16 AM   #15
Davross
The Eldest Pilgrim

did arena with alt, apart from times where I might get 3 fights in 3 hours, it wasn't too bad. My concern is for many fights I had, I was fighting the same die-hard arena junkies, hard to make up 6 players a lot of times in the arena. What sort of affect will it have in trying to get a match if those hardcore arena cant q all the time?

[

Old 04-26-2015, 12:20 AM   #16
billyrules
Crab Defiler

Support daniel

Old 04-26-2015, 01:49 AM   #17
StormGuardian
Seer's BFF

By quick count, I see 25 people out of 300 with more than 3k fights. For 75 days, that's 40/day. So I'd say 30 is a good number to go with. It'll reduced the small group of people with way too much time on their hands, but still lets them have a good number of fights...most of them have multiple toons, so can arena one and farm the others and cycle through them, so I don't see it being a problem. Heck, would probably let them do a little better because they'd only be arena'n on 1 at a time.

There will of course be a little whining, but as with everything, they'll get used to it and suck it up I'm sure Ratings could be raised slightly, and maybe bonus % also, maybe double what it is right now? 2 fights per fight in terms of the bonus would put it to ~11% if you did 30 every day forever.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:40 AM   #18
Valarian
Boss Hunter

I support increased ratings

Old 04-26-2015, 03:51 AM   #19
billyrules
Crab Defiler

30 is way to small its like we arnt even thinking at all <.<

Old 04-26-2015, 04:05 AM   #20
marzus
Gem Pouch Expert

Tbh, I would have reached 0 fights left by this time. For 1 week I maintained my available fights to 500.

Is not that I am not able to finish them, I can easily do more than 100 fights/day. Is about week rush, it wouldn't be smart to enter rush week with 0 fights, eh ?

If you are willing to decrease the number of fights, it would be wise to increase the % that adds to double chance and the tokens received. About the increase in rating... I guess that if you want things the same way it is now but with players spending less time on arena do increase the rating. (84/100* 100(fightsperday) and the rating: rating/0.84)