The Best Ideas I Have
Old 10-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Default The Best Ideas I Have

After a very unsuccessful thread, due mostly to the fact that nobody wanted to read all the suggestions that I had lumped into one huge thread, I have decided to make this thread.

This thread has ideas that I've deemed 'the best', including my ideas and those of others. I seriously believe Nodiatis would be better if these ideas were implemented. If you feel some ideas should be added just post them below.

My Ideas:

I have decided to explain this skill, because I had trouble getting the wording right.

Let's say I am Dual Wielding two Daggers of Dragonbreath. A mob attacks me, and I parry the attack. I have level 90 Riposte skill. I now have a 45% chance to instantly attack the mob that dealt the attack that I parried.

Another example: I am using the same items, but in the arena. I am targeting Player 1, and parry an attack from Player 2. I will continue to target Player 1, but Player 2 will be damaged by the Riposte attack, should it occur.

Who would this help? This would be a buff to any pierce users, including Rogues, and it would be a huge buff to Tacticians.
_________

Reverse Auctioning

Reverse auctioning would be the ability to actually offer what you are willing to pay for an item; in gold, Time Cards, and items.

An example: I want to buy a Zombie Scale Claw. I go to the Auction House, and
choose that I want to buy a Zombie Scale Claw. Then I offer items from my storage, and gold. (Storage items must be in the same location.) I would offer a TC and 75k gold. (Yes, it's unrealistic, just proving a point.)

This would allow people to offer to buy an item that may not be on the Auction House yet, or be able to offer items for items on the AH, or simply counter-offer.

This feature would decrease the time it takes for people to sell items, because they can have offers before they even put the item up for auction.

Superiority
Level 80 Stat Skill
Every point in this skill increases all damage dealt to enemies below your level by .25% (.5% for grey enemies.)
If they put a nice icon on you it's beneficial if they put a mean one on the other guy it's detrimental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 10-05-2010 at 07:30 PM..

Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Ideas by Flashus that I liked:

New Storage

Very briefly going to explain Flashus's idea: each thing has separate storage: Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashus View Post
Ok these are to improve storage space and carrying capacity.

we currently have 3 storage ICONS.
1. Personnel storage.
2. Primary Clan Rune storgae.
3. Secondary Clan Rune storage.

how about adding the following extra ones. I am using stick to shopw different storage sections.

4. Crafting Storage. 32 space for Recipes and Crafting Tools only. Not resource tools.
5. Basic Resouce Storage. 32 Space. for Sticks.
6. Refined Resource Storage. 32 spaces for Planks and not Sticks.
7. Trophy Storage. 32 Space.

Each of the above can be bought for $19:95 or 4 TC's for each Storage. You can't just buy storage 7 and skip 4,5,6. Each has to be purchased one after the other.

Benefits of Each will include. Storage moves with you with no weight limit. Limit is only in Item stacking which would be 50% of your current skill lvl rounded down. Instant access to items.

eg. Item stack of 75 would enable you to carry stacks of 37 in storage 5,6,7.

this will cover peoples request for Recipe book and Increased Carrying capacity and Storage space all in one.
Only change I would make is how to obtain that storage. I think it should be done by paying the goblins, as they are in charge of all trading in Nodiatis.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Idea by Qtpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtpie View Post
I was just discussing with a few clan mates over the idea of players posting gold bounties for PKs to claim. With the bounty system, players would be able to enter an amount of gold (minimum of 5k or a decent amount) on a player's head + tax. When a PK kills that person, the gold will instantly be added to the PKs account (in addition to the normal single stack loot).

Alts would be blocked from receiving the reward of the bounties (much as clan battles and self PKs are blocked). N's should also be prevented from receiving any bounty, either grouped or otherwise.

The most feasible way to make a bounty list is to add it similarly to the Tops List where people can check the boards to see what the current highest running total is. It's a lot of programming but would add another factor of fun and depth for peer to peer interaction.

Bounties should have a minimum of 5 or 10k or have a low minimum with no announcements to avoid spam trolls. However, with a high minimum, bounties could be announced publicly but the individual should be announced anonymously. It might be fun to add a chat option where players can have their names spoken if they choose to at the risk of bringing infamy to themselves (although the default should be anonymous).

This would promote:
1. More PKs
2. Ways for people to get revenge without risking too much
3. Mitigate boredom
4. Lower the inflation in the economy due to tax

It is reasonable to assume that the people with the highest bounties will be the most annoying trolls or incredibly powerful players in Nod. Incentives for incredibly large bounties should possibly allow the taking of more than 1 stack in an exponential fashion (100k bounty for 2 stacks, 400k for 3 stacks, 1 million for 4 stacks, 2.5million gold for a soulbound item + 5 stacks from the bounty board). Again, self PKs should be blocked to avoid exploitation. PKs could potentially post their own bounties targets they would like to "rob" so to speak. But the larger risk still lies with the PKs hunting and avoiding targets because they will lose everything if they die. A new system of bait and switch strategies will probably be implemented adding a whole new depth to PvP gameplay (besides arena). I hope you will consider all these ideas and incorporate it into one fair system in the near future.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST and THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Sincerely,
Qtpie
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Idea by FastStang:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastStang View Post
Like the title says, separate into skins/silks/dusts/etc. If you are annoyed by having to scroll through countless pages of resources vote this up!!
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

in response to:

Superiority
Level 80 Stat Skill
Every point in this skill increases all damage dealt to enemies below your level by .25% (.5% for grey enemies.)

NO JUST NO.

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros View Post
in response to:

Superiority
Level 80 Stat Skill

NO JUST NO.
Thanks for the feedback. I actually thought this would appeal most to capped players because it would reduce time wasted fighting grey mobs while travelling, etc.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Hmmm

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 09-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
Soxson
Epic Scholar

a skill that allows a 2h crusher to stun a tank after the tank makes a sucessful block.

Person 1 swings a 2h crusher at person 2. person 2 blocks with shield but the blow still sends him reeling

Old 09-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
Soxson
Epic Scholar

a skill that allows a 2h crusher to stun a tank after the tank makes a sucessful block.

Person 1 swings a 2h crusher at person 2. person 2 blocks with shield but the blow still sends him reeling