Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

CNC vs Resistance
Old 01-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty
Default CNC vs Resistance

There are resistance auras that are based upon CNT and %s... however CNC itself isnt really affected by skills, tunnel vision adds to it, however theres really no set %s or calculations of how effective it is.

When battling someone with, lets say, 700 cnc and you have 400cnt, r5 resist auras and shared bliss/repel levelled to 90 or so... the likely hood of actually getting nailed is still very high and i see little to no resists.

I realize that glitch wont give game calculations, but perhaps an explanation of how CNC works for casters (dot/dd) would be good.

Basically if resistance to magic is all skill based, and casting and connecting is CNC based (without any skills) how should one look at trying to defend against someone with a huge amount of CNC aside from levelling CNT to crazy proportions?

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 01-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

as well, does cnt itself do anything alone without skills?

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 01-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
concede
Temporarily Suspended

i am wondering the same...ive had cnt up to about 530 and seill saw very few resists and have the supporting skills leveled enough to think i would see some difference. I am considering pushing it past 600 to try it out once more but am really wondering if that will even make a difference.

I know a few casters are out of my league at this point...

Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

It seems like cnc has much more of an effect than cnt until you max your skills. I've had players and mobs alike resist my dd's until I was out of resources, and I've fought players who couldn't resist worth a damn because their skills were crappy. I think your best bet is to max your resist skills before bothering with tons of cnt.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Nemesiss
Auction Master

before lg's i brought cnt to 600 with 93 imp/grim res. death resist up with bout same support skills and san could barely do anything to me, same every other caster i tried. but now with lg's i tried with even higher skill bout same cnt and get destroyed, but that was in arena but still vs san.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
concede
Temporarily Suspended

daer...i dont need a best bet because i am already at that point. thanks for the pointless post

thanks for the response nem

Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

And thank you for your insults when my response wasn't directed toward you at all.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
concede
Temporarily Suspended

your response was to either myself or flip and flip has better resistance skills than myself hands down...regardless of who it was directed at, we would like to have someone respond with helpful advise rather than advise that has no bearing whatsoever in the matter.

max out your already maxed skills then raise cnt...ok, can do

Old 01-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Actually I explained how cnt works with skills, at what point it becomes useful, and answered Flipy's question about whether or not cnt is useful without high level skills. I apologize for not dumbing it down for you, who can't even understand the difference between "high level" and maxed skills, but that's why it was directed at Flipy and not you, whose post I didn't even bother reading.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
concede
Temporarily Suspended

please explain how you answered the question on resistance in any sense. i see no numbers that would compare lvl 90+ resistance skills with auras and cnt @ 350 against a caster with fairly maxed skills and cnc at 500+?

you've answered absolutely nothing other than its best to wait till you have high skills before pushing cnt...

once again helpful advice..

Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

It's excellent advice. It's an obvious (to me anyway, and perhaps fliffy) statement that until you have high level skills cnt is worthless against casters.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx View Post
I do believe this reply:

was in reference to this question:

Now I understand bronies are something do be loathed and disgusted by, however his post was relevant and helpful.
Bronies for life!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
concede
Temporarily Suspended

appreciate the clarification.

there was still lack of an answer if it has any impact w/o skills. only cnc had more of an effect than cnt until skills were maxed. so would this mean resistance is like parry? cnt itself has a base increase to resist and that base grows as you build skills?

still plenty of gaps as far as a direct answer. his paragraph reads minimum requirements to me where as recommended req. would give a more direct concept of how cnc overcomes cnt (skills) and versa vice

Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

With no skills whatsoever, cnt has absolutely no effect. Much like you could have 5000 dex but you're not going to parry if you don't have levels in the parry skill. But as for a recommended amount of cnt, there really isn't one. It depends on who/what you're fighting, though I suppose if you have more cnt (and maxed resistance skills) than your opponent has cnc, that's probably going to work out for you. When it comes to resisting a lot anyway.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
Darkdingus
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64 View Post
With no skills whatsoever, cnt has absolutely no effect. Much like you could have 5000 dex but you're not going to parry if you don't have levels in the parry skill. But as for a recommended amount of cnt, there really isn't one. It depends on who/what you're fighting, though I suppose if you have more cnt (and maxed resistance skills) than your opponent has cnc, that's probably going to work out for you. When it comes to resisting a lot anyway.
There's an in-game warning telling you if you have too little Cnt you'll take up to twice a spell's damage.

This is as far as cnt goes without skills.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
concede
Temporarily Suspended

Ty Dark
and this warning comes at a relatively low lvl when few resistance skills are available to support that stat along with saying nothing that this skill is useless until you actually have points in...

pretty sure ive been able to parry w/o points in the skill also.

stats points aren't useless in any aspect. just like recovery. they are jank at first but if you put enough points into it eventually you see improvement. with skills that becomes more noticeable with less input.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #17
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Read the stat description and it very clearly states it does nothing without skills.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #18
concede
Temporarily Suspended

yes, but it also has a chance to reduce spell damage. stat doesn't need skills to have a benefit.

every stat provides benefit regardless of skill. they may not have much of an impact due to this but they still provide something.

obviously this still remains to be a variable that is far from and reasonable answer. Ive had 100 cnt over a casters cnc and still got hit over half the casts w/o shield. supporting skills and auras there. pretty much the same outcome as nem seems to have had as of late.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #19
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

You're talking about a nearly 50% resist rate against a staff wielding caster who was likely using assurance runes and epic sleeves? That's phenomenal.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #20
concede
Temporarily Suspended

phenomenal? far from it when a DoT user can do 3k in a single cast...or a DD hitting for 4k. i don't see how getting hit 3/5s of the time is a great rate by all means. 7 casts and i was dead

Daer, you really have nothing to reinforce anything that you have claimed in this thread other than its probably a good idea to lvl skills before you devote yourself to cnt. this is pointless and i am going to laugh my ass off when best buy denies the claim to repair the computer you broke in half because of malicious suspicion.