Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

are arrow keys legal
Old 04-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

Default are arrow keys legal

Since there seems to be so much talk on what is legal, I have a question:

I heard some people can bind movement to arrow keys. Like up, down, left, right.
Is this legal? (I do not know how to do this, but if it is legal, I would like to learn how)

Example: To walk 1 north of stronhad, you press up key rather than move your mouse.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
gailenstryker
Rare Collector

that is acceptable from what i can remember, as long as it doesn't do anything more than move you in that particular direction more than 1 box at a time.

Just remember Today's raincheck is tomorrows' Golden Shower.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Glitchless
Administrator

Making a macro so arrow keys (or WASD, ESDF) click the movement arrows is allowed.

Legal exploit
Old 04-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
Gooddevil
Temporarily Suspended

Default Legal exploit

Well its hard to put a line between whats legal or not - why not make it simple like: if it requires action from human every 10 sec or so it's legal but when it does things itself performing DIFFERENT actions for longer than 10 sec its a bot.

Since auto-attack works for melee making them able to play afk - hit find enemy/auto-attack every some period of time without paying attention to game at all - at the same time it should be legal to make casters auto-cast gems (which i don't see working properly) as an example.

I know that many players have 5-6 melee toons logged and simply run macro that clicks on square and then on auto attack (2 clicks at certain position is extremely easy to do for everyone and takes 10 seconds to program) then let macro wait 3 min or so to make sure mob is dead and loot is in inventory ("auto-looted" when time is out) then process can be repeat 5-10 times till all toons has full inventory.

So someone can simply run it - go take a shower and be back in 15 minutes just to stack scattered trophies

I think Glitchless simply encourage botting by melee players (officially saying its not legal) by making it extremely easy.

Glitch already implemented autoloot for melee just time-delayed.....

Edit:
in order to have trophies auto-looted after looting time is gone i would suggest it require perform some action from player (other than arena)

Last edited by Gooddevil; 04-15-2012 at 08:26 AM..

Old 04-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

I am pretty sure that a macro that click a square and click auto-melee attack is ban.

I would never use a macro that does that because that is the definition of botting. If you know melee toons who use that method you should probably report it to glitch, thats a bannable offence

Old 04-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Gooddevil
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorbladestorm View Post
I am pretty sure that a macro that click a square and click auto-melee attack is ban.

I would never use a macro that does that because that is the definition of botting. If you know melee toons who use that method you should probably report it to glitch, thats a bannable offence
And yet Glitch cannot prove it who made that single click - bot or human....
Everyone can say: i pressed autoattack and went on other toon that's why i wasn't responding while you pmed me .....
AFK farming is legal in Nod.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

Nope, Glitch CAN prove if it was human or bot.

Even I know how to code a program to test whether a BOT made a click or not. Bots are very predictable and easy to detect if all they do is click twice in specific time intervals.

Last edited by terrorbladestorm; 04-15-2012 at 09:31 AM..

Old 04-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
Gooddevil
Temporarily Suspended

RNG does the trick - you can have it randomly choose time intervals so its not periodic. And since NOD is very simple which have 0% bot protection everything can be done.

i tried to talk to dozens of players when buying something from ah - they never reply and once i tried trade them - it says they in combat.
I bet there's a lots of bots in this game (i can even point a few)

I'm just feeling bad that real players are not protected and killing mobs by bot made so simple.

PS. if you really know anything about coding/programming you know that human actions can be simulated easily since all processes in this game repeats over and over again - only way to prove it is get player/bot into conversation - you cannot program that. Or do random tests when player doing periodic actions for longer time.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
concede
Temporarily Suspended

Good, I am going to kinda stop you there and here's why,

If I hook up my tv as my monitor i can fit 4 nodiatis screen without and overlay, when i farm in this manner because i have so many going at once i have my storage up to be as efficient as possible. While doing so in this manner because of how I have my notifications setup and never have sound on I tend to miss tons of chats, pms, and whatever else may happen in game.

This is why I generally have 1 toon that I tell ppl to pm because I check his chat logs regularly...others are hit and miss

Just because they don't respond when you pm in ah could mean they are just farming with storage up instead of moving everything to inventory and then opening storage. I don't want to be one of these labeled if you've ever tried to buy something from one of my toons in the past. I do agree though it seems like there are botters and some that would be accused just have too much free time or their current situation allows them to play this at work, home, so much so they have managed to gain the repetitive motions to even do so in their sleep.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

Even random generators are predictable. And a real human takes breaks, where a bot will never take a break. Still very easy to detect whats a bot, and whats not.

I farm over 9 toons at the same time so I definitely won't chat when i am farming. Its enough to move trophies all day long when I farm my 9 toons.

Also real humans get tired, and make mistakes. Like forgetting to loot or click auto shoot or WHATEVER. A real human isn't as predictable as you think even though this game is very repetitive when farming.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #11
gailenstryker
Rare Collector

last i checked; there was a verify box that popped up, if you were suspected of botting. failing to pass resulted in a warning/ban.

Just remember Today's raincheck is tomorrows' Golden Shower.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddevil View Post
Well its hard to put a line between whats legal or not - why not make it simple like: if it requires action from human every 10 sec or so it's legal but when it does things itself performing DIFFERENT actions for longer than 10 sec its a bot.

Since auto-attack works for melee making them able to play afk - hit find enemy/auto-attack every some period of time without paying attention to game at all - at the same time it should be legal to make casters auto-cast gems (which i don't see working properly) as an example.

I know that many players have 5-6 melee toons logged and simply run macro that clicks on square and then on auto attack (2 clicks at certain position is extremely easy to do for everyone and takes 10 seconds to program) then let macro wait 3 min or so to make sure mob is dead and loot is in inventory ("auto-looted" when time is out) then process can be repeat 5-10 times till all toons has full inventory.

So someone can simply run it - go take a shower and be back in 15 minutes just to stack scattered trophies

I think Glitchless simply encourage botting by melee players (officially saying its not legal) by making it extremely easy.

Glitch already implemented autoloot for melee just time-delayed.....

Edit:
in order to have trophies auto-looted after looting time is gone i would suggest it require perform some action from player (other than arena)
One click = one keystroke. Simple as that.

I just had to respond to that >_>
Old 04-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #13
Supply
Neophyte

Arrow I just had to respond to that >_>

"Are Arrow keys Legal?" >_> That is the best post title reply ever. so far that I seen

I was wondering about the Arrow Keys.

Yes there is a line >_>

Old 04-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

ARrow keys are fine

Old 04-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #15
RogueTigeR
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Even random generators are predictable. And a real human takes breaks, where a bot will never take a break. Still very easy to detect whats a bot, and whats not.
I am real... as far as I know... and w/ adderall... I dont take breaks ... when i get 'in da zone'... can...and have ... farmed maybe w/ few spurts here and there... for like 60 hrs straight.. and I do NOT bot... what say you to that?... amphetamines are the drug of the gods

Old 04-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
Boog
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailenstryker View Post
last i checked; there was a verify box that popped up, if you were suspected of botting. failing to pass resulted in a warning/ban.
That got removed a long time ago when people were being killed and losing rrt while redistributing stats.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
Darkdingus
Rare Collector

Quote:
Nope, Glitch CAN prove if it was human or bot.

Even I know how to code a program to test whether a BOT made a click or not. Bots are very predictable and easy to detect if all they do is click twice in specific time intervals.
At best, a program could be used to detect if the same place in the window is always pressed or if it slightly changes every now and then.
- Of course, this, without telling anyone that he did this to prevent someone from having a RNG determine where on the button this will click.

Even then, a program that asks for 1 click to do 1 thing isn't botting unless it uses its own logic and not the player's.

For example: part of my macro that IS legal simply goes and clicks one place in my inventory when asked to, and returns the mouse's position (without clicking) to its original, so I can click another stack in the looting window faster - my mouse is CRAP)
- ONE click, no logic involved other than me choosing if it clicks one place or another (namely, 4 macros, one for each trophy type for the zone I farm in)

A "bot", on the other end, would choose where to place the trophies itself. I COULD program this (after many arduous hours of having to trim images so the transparency issues bug me no more), but won't because THIS, I consider botting.

I HAD a macro that ordered the trophies in my inventory by looking for empty spots. It has been deleted, because Glitch said that if the program could search by itself, thus think, it was a bot.

TL;DR - Bots can think for themselves what to do. Macros cannot.