Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

People getting through the ignore function
Old 05-27-2019, 06:18 AM   #1
lobstermobster
Rat Slayer

Default People getting through the ignore function

I have had Blaze ignored for some time now, he irritates me beyond all measure. However I started noticing that sometimes his toon, or another toon he owns will sometimes get through the filter. This sometimes happens when I log in, or around the sever reset.

I believe that if a person IS ignored, there should be no possible way their chat can be seen by the person who has ignored them.

I have a screenshot, however I just saw a rule saying I cannot upload attachments, can I send this to you via here or another way?

Last edited by lobstermobster; 05-27-2019 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: Glitch's stated method how a bug should be reported.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:02 AM   #2
Blaze
Boss Hunter

happened for many years. when you close tab with afk on. your toon stores messages for 10 seconds until the toon is actually off. if you close your alt's tab and watch buddy list you can see the delay. when his buddy face moves. that's when he stops storing messages.

while storing messages in closed state ignore does not work. iirc I requested this 3 years ago? but nothing happened

Old 05-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
Glitchless
Administrator

When you first log on, your client may get chat messages prior to updating its ignore list. In that moment, messages can get through. Suck it up, buttercup.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #4
Tharkas
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstermobster View Post
I have had Blaze ignored for some time now, he irritates me beyond all measure.
Agreed. He doesn't bother me much anymore now that I don't play .

Old 06-03-2019, 07:35 AM   #5
lobstermobster
Rat Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
When you first log on, your client may get chat messages prior to updating its ignore list. In that moment, messages can get through. Suck it up, buttercup.
That is a good outlook on how to fix a problem glitch, it almost seems to me like you do not care about this. Good job fixing this problem which can be open to a lot of abuse if not fixed.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #6
Roeth
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstermobster View Post
That is a good outlook on how to fix a problem glitch, it almost seems to me like you do not care about this. Good job fixing this problem which can be open to a lot of abuse if not fixed.
Go on, tell how it can be open to such huge abuses ?

Or is that just a load of bull ?

Old 06-03-2019, 05:49 PM   #7
Blaze
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roeth View Post
Go on, tell how it can be open to such huge abuses ?

Or is that just a load of bull ?
i'm obviously going to watch when he says he's logging off and sent messages targeted at him in civil roeth. then when I see his buddy face finally go inactive on the list i'll stop. that way every time he dares to say he's logging off he'll see me for 10 whole seconds!

Old 06-04-2019, 11:34 AM   #8
lobstermobster
Rat Slayer

Roeth, ignoring blaze, hes insignificant to this. I mentioned who I had ignored so it could be seen from the screenshot, other than that he has 0 relevance to anything, ever.

The abuse comes from this very basic function being neglected to the point where it does not matter about the client being loaded before the ignore function to the point where it takes longer and longer to avoid the ignore function. Is it really that much to ask that glitch looks into the coding and makes this very simple request avoidable?

The fact that this is the only game I can think of that this happens in just tells me that glitch was lazy with this function or does not care. With an ignore function, it should not ever get through.

Last edited by lobstermobster; 06-04-2019 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: Extra reasoning for the post which noone cares about lol