Recent Arena Changes
Old 10-13-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
Freakymagic
Boss Hunter

Default Recent Arena Changes

So first off just want to say, i have no issue with the changes.

I DO have an issue with the time of the changes.

Now i know red and co will spam about how i am wrong and that i just abused it (which other then being a rush team i have not) but they have more then likely been handed first place on a silver platter so.. they are a tad biased ( as some will say I am)

Rush teams have been complained about EVERY single arena season since I started playing nod (~5 years give or take), yet only now (less then 10 days remaining of this arena season) has something been done to address it. If it was changed at the start, or mid season, rush teams would have started earlier BUT going on what previous seasons have set as a precedent they plan to arena once rush is announced.

So how is it that arena (which is "supposedly" meant as hard core competitive) can completely change a core system to the rating gain/loss mechanic. Either arena is suppose to be competitive, where changes are made with ample time for people to readjust (and maybe this is the case here and I'm ass backwards). OR arena is meant to be a grind fest where if you have the time to arena all season and have a decent team you can win with little to no competition.

And before people complain about tsur rejoining teams or w/e went on, locking in teams during rush/limiting joining teams already addressed said tactic/exploit whatever people want to call it. Changing gains/loss's did not need to happen as well at this point through the season.

tl;dr Why change it now when its been an issue in the past and precedent has been set that this is the way it is.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #2
Turkeygoesmoo
Boss Hunter

It's the same as when Relic complained about trophies from PLing people, after he benefitted from it. Or, after Destruction/Faithfulservant got to 100 enchanting from making blank stones, then reported it.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
Glitchless
Administrator

Rush teams will benefit from the reduced loss points just like everyone else. The changes were addressed to help correct:
-Spoiler teams (not a legitimate means of lowering other team's ratings in the first place)
-The low average team ratings of this season vs other seasons.

Just as it could be argued that last minute rush teams will have a harder team siphoning rating from teams that have been grinding the whole season, it could be argued that the late spike in average team rating from high participation coupled with lesser penalty for losing (think about rush team vs rush team) will benefit them. Both are legitimate arguments. We don't expect the recent changes to make a substantial difference in what the final placements would be (other than the removal of the spoiler team exploit) so we were comfortable doing them at the end of the season. What we do expect to see is an average team rating that gets closer to other seasons, which is not a change that hardcore or competitive players really needed a month to prepare for. You'll be ok

Old 10-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #4
Enduir
Auction Master

Arena is hardcore PvP. Queuing for the last two weeks of a twenty week season is not hardcore and should receive equally non-hardcore rewards.

Rush teams have been deliberately forming to **** over other teams at short notice for years, so I have zero sympathy for them being ****ed over at short notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
You won't be warned again.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:46 PM   #5
Imriel
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduir View Post
Arena is hardcore PvP. Queuing for the last two weeks of a twenty week season is not hardcore and should receive equally non-hardcore rewards.

Rush teams have been deliberately forming to **** over other teams at short notice for years, so I have zero sympathy for them being ****ed over at short notice.

Could not have said that better, plarper <3

Old 10-14-2017, 01:23 AM   #6
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

What Endy said. I support this change and am glad Glitch finally did something about it, even if it ultimately no longer affects me.

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Old 10-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #7
Joanna
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:

Well said and to the point...

The only people who can complain are those who exploit arena.

Overall very thoughtful and fair patch - good job.

Also I was going to post about low average rating this season but Glitch beat me to it .

Regardless 1000+ wins no team made it to 2500 rating on s2.

Maybe we should be allow +3 tier tempers this slow season as one time spoil ?

Old 10-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #8
Turkeygoesmoo
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Well said and to the point...

The only people who can complain are those who exploit arena.

Overall very thoughtful and fair patch - good job.

Also I was going to post about low average rating this season but Glitch beat me to it .

Regardless 1000+ wins no team made it to 2500 rating on s2.

Maybe we should be allow +3 tier tempers this slow season as one time spoil ?
Never miss a chance to ask for a buff, do you?

Old 10-14-2017, 09:30 AM   #9
Joanna
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeygoesmoo View Post
Never miss a chance to ask for a buff, do you?
I'm well above 2500 so it doesn't concern me.

Yet I would like my hard working friends who Q daily to have their shoot at better tempers

Besides people are very limited by amount of tokens they got so it's not like suddenly everyone tempers their entire gear x8.

This season wasn't in par with others as Glitch said and some changes has been made . I'm only suggest solution that you don't have to like or agree with ; yet others might find it reasonable.

I'm getting paid for good ideas by my company ( marketing , advertising and company image solution)

True , sometimes I post things without thinking some trolls won't like it and will pick on me but its who I am - deal with it !

I'm not breaking any rules posting suggestions in "suggestions"
Section. Yet you do picking on me instead of my idea.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #10
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

x2 is fine, ive been arenaing since arena began and this was always a problem... theres no need for extra buffs for anyone.

I'm happy it got somewhat solved

omg i wanna sammich nao

Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey Tina Fey

Old 10-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #11
Turkeygoesmoo
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
I'm well above 2500 so it doesn't concern me.

Yet I would like my hard working friends who Q daily to have their shoot at better tempers

Besides people are very limited by amount of tokens they got so it's not like suddenly everyone tempers their entire gear x8.

This season wasn't in par with others as Glitch said and some changes has been made . I'm only suggest solution that you don't have to like or agree with ; yet others might find it reasonable.

I'm getting paid for good ideas by my company ( marketing , advertising and company image solution)

True , sometimes I post things without thinking some trolls won't like it and will pick on me but its who I am - deal with it !

I'm not breaking any rules posting suggestions in "suggestions"
Section. Yet you do picking on me instead of my idea.
You successfully made a post explaining your own self-importance AND victimized yourself all at once. Congratulations.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #12
Joanna
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
You successfully made a post explaining your own self-importance AND victimized yourself all at once. Congratulations.
Whatever bothers you , don't worry -time heals many things and if things in your life "mulfunction" usually medicine or technology can fix it .

Try to be happy 😀

We deal with bitter people all the time and only reason they let things out on others because they deal with things that overwhelms them .

I really hope things will work out for you (fingers crossed) and you will find your happiness 😊

If you want me to be your punching bag I'll be glad to help you that way 🎵🎵hit me with your best shot !...🎵🎵🎵

All the best buddy

Ps . Thanks flip for your input - maybe you right - 2x 7 tempers will work better than 1 x8 anyways and tokens are true limit in this case.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:40 PM   #13
Glitchless
Administrator

Quote:
You were warned about harassing people, and yet your post history reads like an alt account made to singly harass a specific target and get a few contentless 1 liners in at the same time. Banned from forums.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #14
Redeye
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:

Well said man

Old 10-14-2017, 09:22 PM   #15
Imriel
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
You were warned about harassing people, and yet your post history reads like an alt account made to singly harass a specific target and get a few contentless 1 liners in at the same time. Banned from forums.
\o/
All hail teh mighty Glitchypoo<3<3<3

Old 10-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #16
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

I can not believe i am reading all this , i did not expect it from you guys... from Glitchless MAYBE but not from you guys... not from you...

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:28 PM   #17
danielrox
Boss Hunter

if you were as hardcore as you say you are you could kill the rush teams that **** you over.
your idea of hardcore is brainlessly grinding away all season match after match, not killing these teams means u dont have an actual hardcore build (which you do not endy, you are a bm first class playing a healer which is just sad) you are not hardcore you have a fairly cookie cutter but foul classed character. im here to point out the flaw in your comment if you want to win arena you best have the best god damn team comp/win loss/ what ever else that defines what hardcore actually is rather than this bloody childish grinding the q bullcrap you think is hardcore with your brainless build set/team comp that is just another carbon copy of seasons ago, such creativity.

anyway im not really a victim to this although i would of preferred this not to be changed with such little time left in the season. it just makes you all look goofy who ever supported this cause well, your victims im sorry, not sorry. the real hardcore players are not serious and do not care and will not come to forums to whine thats the truth, good laugh. good read thank you all.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:28 AM   #18
Terribletank
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielrox View Post

if you were as hardcore as you say you are you could kill the rush teams that **** you over.
your idea of hardcore is brainlessly grinding away all season match after match, not killing these teams means u dont have an actual hardcore build (which you do not endy, you are a bm first class playing a healer which is just sad) you are not hardcore you have a fairly cookie cutter but foul classed character. im here to point out the flaw in your comment if you want to win arena you best have the best god damn team comp/win loss/ what ever else that defines what hardcore actually is rather than this bloody childish grinding the q bullcrap you think is hardcore with your brainless build set/team comp that is just another carbon copy of seasons ago, such creativity.

anyway im not really a victim to this although i would of preferred this not to be changed with such little time left in the season. it just makes you all look goofy who ever supported this cause well, your victims im sorry, not sorry. the real hardcore players are not serious and do not care and will not come to forums to whine thats the truth, good laugh. good read thank you all.
Just want to point out putting time into a game is a basic prerequisite to being hardcore in any game, and creativity has nothing to do with how hardcore you are. Good laugh, good read though.

Sure, top teams should be able to beat any team, but no team will have 100% win rate against everyone. for those times you lose to teams remaking temp teams you get punished harder than normal, and when you beat them you don't get what you deserve for the challenge proposed. To say "just win anyway" is rather childish. How about the teams that aren't #1 and get punished by those teams when they struggle to hold just a decent position on the ladder?
Dmastuhhhh
Dmastuhhhhh - Tank
Dmastuhhhhhh
Dmastuhhhhhhh - Piercer
Dmastuhhhhhhhh
Mothergoose - Archer

my names are unique and well thought out