Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help
Forgot?

What Travel Gear You Really Only Need
Old 11-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
TemariChan
Auction Master

Cool What Travel Gear You Really Only Need

There has been a lot of talk about what Travel Gear you really need and ill show you here that you really only need a few of them. Provided that you can get the main one as early as possible. It will save you a lot of gold. The first Travel Gear you will need is ACG (Advance Climbing Gear), second, is Shine Goggles. These two are your basic and only needs of Travel Gear till you reach level 54. In order to get the ACG, one is required to buy it from the store in Raydor, but since it can be sold back to any store, you can get one more close to a new character level like Stronhad (T2) for the sum of 82,750 gold, in a way, yes that is a lot of gold, but it saves your from buying other Travel Gear at the cost of 200,000+ gold. (I really don't feel like explaining that math again, so another time for that please). And the Shine Goggles can be bought at the town Roggork, T7, for the sum 18,250 gold, and so far they will never been or will be replaced by something better that we know of.

Now lets say your level 54 (must be level 54 in order to do this), and that you have ACG with, the next step you will need is to have a close to cap or capped player or friend to help you go into Arena Isle. First make your way to Fenelia (T3), go south two squares, and west till you reach Arena Isle, now you will see what looks looks like a coliseum, which it is cause that is where you go for Arena matches. Now have your helper take you on the East side of the for a static encounter for the boss in order to get the next Travle Gear you will need, known as the Shark Suit.

Wait a minute you say, dont I need to have Alkaline Resistant Diving Gear in order to get into Arena Isle? The answer is no. That is just another Travel Gear that can be skipped. (See the pictures towards the bottom for proof)

(Skip this is you want to go route A) After killing the boss and getting the Shark Suit, you can now make your way into the Corel Wreckage, and head on over to the boss there, it is not 100% in the middle, but it is just to the top of the wrecked boat on the screen.

Now I would say to go and get the Halcyon Ward next since its the next closest Travel Gear to get. This is were your helper really comes into the picture because the boss to get the Halcyon Ward from is into the deep Dungeon Of Rot, three levels down, where you will have to face off against a level 82 boss.

After you get the Halcyon Ward from that boss, and come back to the outside, this is where you can take two route to the next Travle Gear, The Dragons Will.

Route A is to continue your way threw Snake River, past Crella, by Saltlands and down to Ocean Of Sorrow.

Route B is to go back to Arena Isle and down till you hit the Desert Flats, then go West threw the Desert Dunes to Ocean Of Sorrow. (This is where you will be needing the Still Suit)

Now that your at Ocean Of Sorrow, make your way to Merfolk Island, where the Merfolk Dungeon awaits.

Now you need your helper still, to make your way down two levels to get to the level 79 boss and get the Dragons Will.

Now that you have the Dragons Will and the Halcyon Ward, I also assume you to still have your ACG and Still Suit, for now, keep the ACG till someone else needs one, and you can destroy the Still Suit if you got it, since the Dragons Will surpasses it. Now its time for you to go back and do what you want/was doing. Enojoy.

As you can see in here, I left my Travel Gear back in Roggork while I still happen to have ACG to show that you just need it in order to get into Arena Isle.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Gurnison
Gem Pouch Expert

Just a few quick notes.

Cost-wise the ACG isn't worth a special trip to Reydor to get it. It's only worth it if someone already has it. However if you can't find someone who has it, it still might be worth making a special trip to save the hassle of taking the long route.

If you skip Moss Dungeon 4 & 5, then you don't need shine goggles and can get by with the torch. Moss is the only dungeon that needs the goggles. (I haven't checked the lower levels of Abyss Dun)

So the shortest route is:

1) Get ACG
2) Get torch in T3 on way to Arena
3) Arena boss
4) Coral boss
5) Rot 3 boss
6) Merfolk 2 boss

Old 11-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Smashbros
Epic Scholar

id like to disagree, the shoes you need, not including boss drops, and not including ACG costs 109,920, where as the ACG costs 82,750, and some of that you get from selling to store, so if you make the trip to reydor on an alt, you will effectively save 27k, plus whatever else is gained from selling it to the store.

on top of that, ive attempted to enter vd without goggles, aswell as dor3, (was on an alt doing a boss run) and was unable to get in either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Enduir
Auction Master

I have two AGCs in T2.

Will sell for one beelyon gold each or trade for yeti.

Quote:
You won't be warned again.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
TemariChan
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurnison View Post
Just a few quick notes.

Cost-wise the ACG isn't worth a special trip to Reydor to get it. It's only worth it if someone already has it. However if you can't find someone who has it, it still might be worth making a special trip to save the hassle of taking the long route.

If you skip Moss Dungeon 4 & 5, then you don't need shine goggles and can get by with the torch. Moss is the only dungeon that needs the goggles. (I haven't checked the lower levels of Abyss Dun)

So the shortest route is:

1) Get ACG
2) Get torch in T3 on way to Arena
3) Arena boss
4) Coral boss
5) Rot 3 boss
6) Merfolk 2 boss
sorry but that is wrong, you can not enter Merfolk or Rot dungeon without the goggles, aka, the reason why i mentioned them being part of the two thing your really only need till lvl 54, trust me, i know what i am talking about when i wrote this, i wrote this out of many redeals like this, and out of 3+ years of game experience.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
Gurnison
Gem Pouch Expert

@Smash
You're right about the cost. I did those calculations when people were getting to those zones for the first time. I assumed they already had some of the earlier gear. But if you skip all previous gear and go straight for ACG, it's still cheaper to have someone make a special trip.

@Smash & Tamaru both
You *DO NOT* need goggles to enter those dungeons. You can go to Rot and Merfolk with just the torch. As I said, just stop at T3 on the way to Arena and get a torch.

You need goggles for VD4, but you can't go there at the level you're talking about. To get to cap, Moss Dun 4&5 are the only places you need goggles.

I double checked all those dungeons yesterday before posting. And I rechecked them again today to verify if maybe you needed different gear to enter the dungeon than you need once you're already inside. I always check for gear by entering the zone first, then dropping all my travel gear and taking a step. Dropping it before entering can be dangerous because it's possible that you can enter a zone without the gear, but can't leave.

VD1,2,3 - Torch
VD4 - Goggles
Rot - Torch and Steel Spiked Hoppers
Merfolk - Torch and ACG
Abyss1 - Torch and Compass
Abyss2+ - haven't checked

Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
TemariChan
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurnison View Post
@Smash
You're right about the cost. I did those calculations when people were getting to those zones for the first time. I assumed they already had some of the earlier gear. But if you skip all previous gear and go straight for ACG, it's still cheaper to have someone make a special trip.

@Smash & Tamaru both
You *DO NOT* need goggles to enter those dungeons. You can go to Rot and Merfolk with just the torch. As I said, just stop at T3 on the way to Arena and get a torch.

You need goggles for VD4, but you can't go there at the level you're talking about. To get to cap, Moss Dun 4&5 are the only places you need goggles.

I double checked all those dungeons yesterday before posting. And I rechecked them again today to verify if maybe you needed different gear to enter the dungeon than you need once you're already inside. I always check for gear by entering the zone first, then dropping all my travel gear and taking a step. Dropping it before entering can be dangerous because it's possible that you can enter a zone without the gear, but can't leave.

VD1,2,3 - Torch
VD4 - Goggles
Rot - Torch and Steel Spiked Hoppers
Merfolk - Torch and ACG
Abyss1 - Torch and Compass
Abyss2+ - haven't checked
ok, well lets just say you can get into them with a torch, why not just upgrade to the Goggles anyways? 18k is almost nothing this day and age, and since you need to be lvl 54 before even attempting any of this, going to Roggork town and back is very very easy by the time your even lvl 35, a good 19 lvls before you can even attempt any of this, i can make a new character right now and have 18k gold by the end of the week if i felt like it, and besides, why not just get the Goggles anyways, its one less item you will ever need to get, once you have them you basicly never need to upgrade them, until that time, its just a small 18k.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
Froth
Gem Pouch Expert

Great Post But lvl 53 is all thats needed for HW but to get into the rapids to use HW you will need to be 54.HW= Halycon Ward

Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
Olvan
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via AIM to Olvan

sorry this would be considered flaming but Temari you have not had 3+ years exp. in the game, remember you stopped playing for almost 1 solid year cause of the computer issues you had and I was the one that talked you into coming back on Dryne's website (before he shut it down)

I have been on almost every single day since August of 08, and to me thats 3+ years of exp. Not taking 6 month boredom vacations to come back when its easier to play now or nerd rage quit for a few months and come back. Or whatever many other reasons are. Btw you don't ask for pl's anymore?? Guess its only on alts now you beg people to death to get you where you want to be now..... Your power is not your own, its off of many other ex clan members backs and current ones I am sure....

Under the weight of a dark and barren land that lays before me, bearing the guilt and shame.

The invisible chains bind the soul tight, words slip away from parted lips.

Fighting to escape the blackness only to wonder back into its empty embrace.

Anger will only make the beast grow stronger, denial makes the fire of rage burn hotter.

Dance the dance of the eternal slumber, void of all life's great wonders.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
solopixy
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduir View Post
I have two AGCs in T2.

Will sell for one beelyon gold each or trade for yeti.
hehe, i sell it only for half beelyon gold