Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

downtier ability for all epics
Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Default downtier ability for all epics

ok here is a suggestion that i belive can make the game more new player friendly like it once was..
remember the days when there were enough new and low lvl players getting drops that they were often an easily avalible on the AH? well now the new players that dont lose intrest in the game right off the bat and decide to stay and work hard to start affording and collecting there first epic set.. only to find that there are non . sometimes you can watch ah for weeks and weeks even months just to find that one low epic your looking for .
well in my opinion this just sours it for new players willing to invest time and money into the game.

now before you go telling me about crafters, we all know that non of them want to craft anything but lg's and most have destroyed all other master, now lets assume that you found someone that has the master and can craft it well then you will never ever find any low tier dusts as the ah only has T28, 29 and 30...

so the solutions as i see it are few
1. make all epics downtierable just like dusts are now
2. make a patch to add some idea like dust crafting like i mention in this thread HERE
3 all of the above

i think this would help make low lvl an new player play a lil smoother which should help some with retaining new players and or keeping the existing ones we do have.. thanks for reading

Old 10-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
chloe
Seer's BFF

as it is i have pretty much all masters of bows and arrows and quivers up to 99 epics, and do craft them for people, and i do think there needs to be something done with dust prices, i just disagree with this, this if anything will decrease value in epic items, such as the 78 bow will become cheaper, like the 88 bow is cheaper to buy than craft.

this is because lots of people farm n.lake and sell the item for social pretty much, being able to downtier the 88 bow approx value of 400k nowdays, and a 78 bow, approx value of 550k will lower the value of the 78 bow, which will in turn, lead to less people crafting the bow.

i would be kinda for dusts being able to be crafted as long as they are made of resins at a suitable price, if that was applied, than a lvl 9 epic wont be worth 100k anymore which is good for low lvls

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Last edited by chloe; 10-07-2013 at 11:55 AM..

Old 10-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
killgore
Boss Hunter

It's a great idea Jewal, just being at 20 and seeing the empty zones and people around something has to be done. Dusts should be able to be made, but with like a level restriction and take massive amounts of low and mid tier resources to do. This will pump a big interest back into the crafting market and it may just spur a bunch of sales up from the low end guys to get accounts. This may not be the answer, or even close to it, but something can be done with the system that already exists. If you want to be at cap and craft LG's, that's great, but we all know that this game works on penalties...maybe one of them should be that if you get high enough past a certain tier, you can't make low level plans anymore. Doing something like this would spawn some older toons to make the things that they need from time to time, hell, I don't know. I have never been a big crafter but a gigantic majority of the people who are on now are all at, or close to cap, and these items are going to disappear one day.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
chloe
Seer's BFF

ive heard that so many times that the items are gonna dissapear, but i hold every bow arrow and quiver master that is really any good imo, which include all epics and some rare, the problem is dusts not the masters

Honorable mention goes to Emiliastormrage, Roguetiger, Hustlerking, Chloe.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

I have all armors, weapons, bowsets and "useful" gem epic masters up to like lvl 48. The problem is that it takes me a boat load of time and luck to find the mats for these items and i make a profit of maybe 30k-80k per item.

I can farm that in 1 grush

Unfortunately I do not support downtier epics. I do support getting epic tier 2-8 thought. Image a ridged iron breastplate Rank 8.. hot dog

Old 10-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
Nemesiss
Auction Master

maybe just for the lvl 9 epics cut out dust completly on the mats and add more resins or more expensive resins. much easier and always available source but still cost.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
SiSiX
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 03:33 PM..

Old 10-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
>.>
Auction Master

dusting mini game! make it like trapping and only X times per day
like a 3 shelf cupboard (3 uses per day per item) and when the dust accumulates over successive daily reboots the chance for a higher tier is better
the longer it sits the better chance for getting your max tier

Old 10-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #9
Rokka
Neophyte

a low lvl find a higher lvl epic he cant equip and dont want to overskill, for example he find a level 39 slevee and downtier it to lvl 25 epic. and then ? it makes him able to farm the 800k for face ? i doubth so. another example. a level 20 toon who wana use the 22 2H epic finds a lvl 71 2H >.>
wtf ?! where ??? how???? same with lvl9 2H slash and what is the next epic 2H where he can found it ? lol cant even enter that zone. if he can he being slaughtered before he would get a drop. or he find it on ah ? how he buy it off w/o face ? >.> ranges between epics r a problem imo +tc prices+they can only destroy them w/o virts. or equip them. would be nice if we could have t8 lvl 25 gear or 39....48...so on, but who would start to complain 1st? ofc caps in lg-s
"why his lvl 25 slevee geefs more hitchance than my lg one ? ;..( not fair!"
so Jeff suposed to buff lg-s to stop us bit*hing.....so u get what u cryed for, and u make a trip to rocklands kill 3-4 mob, flow the ah with 0.1 g/k trophies buy up all the tc-s from ah, we get a few bliss and BAM! 1tc=3 mill or even higher.
only way to help lils if ppl patient and wait they trophies sell and not undercuttinc others who cant make that many trophs, if u farmed ur rrt down cuz u have da u asked for, becouse "omg i got so much rrt and i cant even burn it" dont buy another coupple of tc-s just to gain more rrt and farm that down too. Maybe someone else need it for face, and not for 800k or 900k.
im sure it would hepl push lower the prices wich is good for lils cuz they can expand by use ah, and good for u cuz t30-s prices would sink as well what u need ur lg-s or whatever.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #10
Rokka
Neophyte

sry not meant to be rude, or personal in the last repplyl, but this is not a big help for lils imo. the thing what would help is cheap tc-s but when the stuff comes up i alway hear "they spend irl money man. they set their own prices as they wish" ya agree with that, but nothing would solve this prob becouse if i buy a tc irl, i want to press as many gold as i can out of it. if i buy it with game gold, i dont want to sell either becouse i worked too hard for it ingame to place it on ah for cheap to someone buy it just becouse he want to make another 4-6 mills today. Glitch told he will not manipulate economy, so what now? we suposed to do something, if we realy wana help. Maybe Jeff dont want to manipulate, but he could help us to help lol. We have warious filter options, so why not make an "embargo payed accounts" option. that could prevent rich ppl or payed ppl to buy off tc-s before N-s or wich ppl in need could.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:25 AM   #11
Dennisthemenace
Boss Hunter

Some of my epic armor masters I gave to Raist. I still have some... think I might have a full 9 epic master set still and some odd ends. Someone who seriously wants to craft em and keep crafting them is quite welcome to these masters.

Think I also have a few leftover gem masters... will check if Noremorse can use any of those.

Main problem I fear with low epics not around enough is lack of low dusts. Also quite a few people starting the game level up so damn fast that they barely drop any low epics... and possibly dismantle them or sell them when done?

Old 10-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
moblob
Boss Hunter

What if glitchless added in a mode where the mobs you fight have 3 times the hp and a 50% damage mit, while when killing a mob give like a 10% chance to get a dust around the level of the mob, like for instance a level 100 mob would be t30, or a level 30 mob t10, and etc. So much like heroic, except dusts instead of essences. This way, if you can get stronger at a low level and farm efficiently, then lower level dusts will appear more, which will also encourage more low level item crafting along with more dusts that t29 and t30s. Also they drop like essences, so one dust at a time...and also if dusts drop more commonly, then maybe that will cause dust prices to drop, which will lead to cheaper epics, which leads to also cheaper lgs, and then cheaper tcs!