new player.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
tetix
Neophyte

Default new player.

Hello everyone just started playing a couple of days ago and i got some questions about the game.

1. What is the best weapon class to wield as a new player? I like to take my time to grind even though i don't own yet a paid account but i like doing it as efficient as possible...(i use pierce btw now)

2. I understand you got to have the weapon skill higher than the suitting of your opponent. How can i know the suitting level of creatures i fight against?(crab, rat fox, snake right now :P)

3. Between the damage per second and the accuracy ehat is the best possible choice??? for example i must choose now between an uncommon corroded dagger and a rare charred dagger.

Any help would be aprecciated. Happy gaming.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
>.>
Auction Master

1. Good choice going melee on a starting account, it is the easiest to learn and the "safest" to begin with. Crush is fairly straight forward to go with, mostly strength and a little dex. Pierce would be the opposite more dex less str. You can click the "Show All Skills" box in the lower right corner of the skills menu and look at all the future skills that each type gets. For instance pierce gets Poisonbolt at around level 40 which can let you tear into tanks when it procs. Pick something that fits your play style and run with it. If you want to use gems too (be it DD, DoT or heals) go for it. It is your character and you should build it how you want.

2. Just think of all the skills a mob has being equal to their level so the suiting on a level 3 mob would be 3.

3. A good rule of thumb is that rares are good for around +5 levels (the dagger is 6 I believe so it would be good until around 11) and epics are good for ~10 so a 12 dagger would be good until around 22. These are not set in stone but a good rule of thumb.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

It is also good to have a few alt accounts. As a low level and a new player, you will find that you run out of rested time very fast. Having other accounts are a great way to try out different builds and play.

You can play all accounts simultaneous, you can even group all your own toons together to tackle stronger things!

Old 10-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Master
Boss Hunter

Of u can just buy tcs

Old 10-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
tetix
Neophyte

Thank you for replying about the stats and the rare weapon dilema. Food for thought . About the second character advice, i started already playing one, and as a group i accomplice things . About the third advice, i feel this is the obvious solution but i would like to test the game a bit more. Up till now i feel that the tcs are like cheating...

Old 10-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Bren_nerb
Gem Pouch Expert

Hi,Welcome to Nod

Old 10-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

its great that you are enjoying the game,

But trust me tc is not cheating. About lvl 20 you will find that without TC this game is boring as hell

Old 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
Border201
Boss Hunter

Yea there are very few people at level cap presently who don't at least buy TCs for gold if not buying with IRL cash.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
Froth
Gem Pouch Expert

play youre alts and have fun is the best Way to play. you Will find What Works for you.
Caster is to Expencive to start Without a Tc or 2.
And a tc just gives you more play time per day you dont have o use the Ah. : )

Old 10-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
tetix
Neophyte

So I 've been playing more than a week now and I noticed some things.
First the game is definatelly slower than playing with a basic standard account. However it is possible to find ways to accomplice several achievements. It is neccesary though to have patience...
Second i can't trade or buy from auction. I was so excited the minute i gathered the money for a weapon! Oh the dissapointment... Anyway i understand that this game and the people behind this have bills they must pay, so i accepted as is.
Third, i believe i found a bug. I was in a group with my alt character, who had not accomplised the second boss quest. I headed with my first character to take care of it from the city of stronhad. When i was close to my alt I had to fight several times the boss form the quest without being in the same square as my alt. Again and again without time out. Finally i made it to him and we killed it. Any thoughts?
Until next week with more coverage to come from a newbie :P.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #11
>.>
Auction Master

1./2. It is slower, I would advise getting a tc for at least standard. It help greatly by increasing your "play time", though at lower levels I would farm even without rt since it is beneficial even then, allows more gem slots, inventory, another rune slot (if you're in a clan) and double passives. Not to mention the ability to use the Auction House to sell low tier resources for the lazy caps.

3. When you are grouped with someone who does not have a does not have a boss killed (or they have it set as a quest item) it will appear static to all who are grouped until it is kill or quest is completed.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #12
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

learn how to afk farm too. Read this at the nodiaits wki