Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

AH Trophy Purchase Bug
Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Default AH Trophy Purchase Bug

For someone who still enjoys the game and chooses not to exploit.

Last edited by Hoodrat; 04-11-2013 at 03:32 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

He was buying them as a level 25 while in T2 with the intent of someone transporting them. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Hoodrat; 04-11-2013 at 03:42 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Glitchless
Administrator

This bug cannot be replicated and is likely just a lack of understanding by the reporter. You buy a stack of 10 out of a stack of 100, client still shows it as 100 (and it may even still be a stack of 100 because the seller has other smaller stacks up for the same price per unit), you buy the full stack so the client requests a stack of 100 from that seller who likely has another stack of 100 up. You get charged for the full 100 and get the full 100. Not a bug.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
This bug cannot be replicated and is likely just a lack of understanding by the reporter. You buy a stack of 10 out of a stack of 100, client still shows it as 100 (and it may even still be a stack of 100 because the seller has other smaller stacks up for the same price per unit), you buy the full stack so the client requests a stack of 100 from that seller who likely has another stack of 100 up. You get charged for the full 100 and get the full 100. Not a bug.
Alright, thank you.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
Beatingu
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Beatingu

Unless you refresh the ah screen you're on it still shows 100 after buying any stacks from it.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

The Raperoo/Hoodrat team is so dumb, just ban them both please.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkee View Post
Your comments are not needed. Glitchless, I will PM you in game for more clarification.

What we are trying to say is he is purchasing a stack of 10 trophies and then a stack of 90 trophies since his item stacking is only level 95 and can only stack to 95. This prevents him from trading the trophies to another player for transport.

tinyurl.com/rooroobug

Clearly shows the 90 stack which should be there being purchased as a 100 stack which prevents him from manipulating. Even though the AH is not refreshed, is it still supposed to pull an extra 10 trophies from another stack to make it full? That does not seem right as the client should be able to read it as a 90 stack, correct?

Last edited by Hoodrat; 04-11-2013 at 04:19 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrat View Post
Your comments are not needed. Glitchless, I will PM you in game for more clarification.

What we are trying to say is he is purchasing a stack of 10 trophies and then a stack of 90 trophies since his item stacking is only level 95 and can only stack to 95. This prevents him from trading the trophies to another player for transport.

tinyurl.com/rooroobug

Clearly shows the 90 stack which should be there being purchased as a 100 stack which prevents him from manipulating.
I reported this exact situation when the ah got changed. He's right, that's what happened to me. If you purchase 10 trophies off of a stack, that stack is 90. But it rolls over. If you purchase 10 trophies from a different stack, it pulls them off that first stack which becomes a stack of 80. In the same way, if you purchase 10 off a stack of 100, then purchase the "full stack" until you refresh the ah it's still showing as a stack of 100, so it gives you the 90 from the first stack and 10 from another stack to make 100. Ideal? Maybe not. But hopefully that clarifies it.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

So, if the seller has many of the same stacks at the same price listed and the buyer does what is done in the video, it will pull them off of another stack which is not the one which is clicked on? >_<

Old 04-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrat View Post
So, if the seller has many of the same stacks at the same price listed and the buyer does what is done in the video, it will pull them off of another stack which is not the one which is clicked on? >_<
Right. You have to refresh the ah so that the stack amount changes, or the game assumes you still want 100 of them.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64 View Post
Right. You have to refresh the ah so that the stack amount changes, or the game assumes you still want 100 of them.
Well, it makes sense, but it does not make sense that it would pull it from another stack. Thanks.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #12
hotshot64
Epic Scholar

Agreed, assume Glitchless has a reason for it though.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #13
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Yes, and rude comments like Lurkee's are not needed when trying to understand something like this which does, but does not seem to make sense. It also hurts lower levels who can't find combats in a lower level town and try to buy from a bigger town in this manner to have someone transport, but oh well !

Last edited by Hoodrat; 04-11-2013 at 04:33 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
Murdoc
Boss Hunter

Quote:
How are you even not banned? I have never seen you be anything but offensive, just the extend varies a little.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

lol, that video. derp city. you're clearing buying a stack of 10 then a stack of 100. your bug report was "I clearly buy a stack of 100, it costs me as much as 100, the auctioneer gets as much gold as 100, and i get 100 trophies - but I only wanted 90!"
they implemented this on purpose because people were going and buying 1 off each full stack to screw with people.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #16
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
lol, that video. derp city. you're clearing buying a stack of 10 then a stack of 100. your bug report was "I clearly buy a stack of 100, it costs me as much as 100, the auctioneer gets as much gold as 100, and i get 100 trophies - but I only wanted 90!"
they implemented this on purpose because people were going and buying 1 off each full stack to screw with people.
He clearly was buying 10 off of the 100 stack and then expecting to purchase the rest of the stack, which should have been 90, not 90 and 10 from another stack. I greatly appreciate your input and it surely cleared up any confusion. What would we do without your knowledge???

Old 04-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

i dont really think you're absorbing my knowledge so you'll probably just continue doing as you do, horrible bug reports and whines to have your boyfriend unpermasquelched. you realize he's just using you to crusade for him, he doesn't really love you. it's like that other guy you dated online and married so he could get a green card.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
Hoodrat
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
i dont really think you're absorbing my knowledge so you'll probably just continue doing as you do, horrible bug reports and whines to have your boyfriend unpermasquelched. you realize he's just using you to crusade for him, he doesn't really love you. it's like that other guy you dated online and married so he could get a green card.
How do you know my life story? Or are you just too immature to ever have a civil discussion such as the one Daer and I had in this thread and just resort to insults in alomst every post you make?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #19
Lurkee
Seer's BFF

this is harassment, please leave me alone. everything i say you feel the need to attack me over it.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
Brucemoore
Crab Defiler

JERRY JERRY JERRY! to be honest I think if you try to get someone unbanned you yourself should be banned for undermining jeffs choice his game his rules enjoy it or gtfo