Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports
Forgot?

Scammer alert!! huntard
Old 02-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Angry Scammer alert!! huntard

ok so i know its not a bug or really an exploit or is it? some would say cheating and stealing is an exploit so i chose to post this here cause i know everyone will see it but if Glitchless wants to move it that is fine as well.. but i do think we need an orginized sticky for exploiting scammers especially when they drag other innocent peoples toons into there scams to discredit them as well like Huntard has done.

we really need to let these kind of people know there not welcome in our community.

anyhow many have asked me to post the story so here it is:
this toon Huntard pm's my toon Jewal asking if i can take 90k for my lvl 25 bow listed on ah for 100k and i said ya n/p changed price and told them price has been changed.
after a pause they say oh crap my main is an N now too so you can change it back, but i asked my mom and she said she will buy me tc's after my chores so i say i can pull it from ah and hold it if you want and they say yes thanks.
a bit later i see a bliss of 20 from the toon Scorpice followed by a pm from Huntard saying that they just bought 4 tc's on there main and that they were selling them.
so ya another bit later they say that they sold them and wanted to know if i could trade the bow to Huntard and be paid on there main "Scorp" was how they refered to there supposed main Scorpice, reason was that Scorp didnt have the virtz for it. so at this point im thinking damn this is all far too odd so did i know better ya probably but i belive everyone should have the chance to show there true selves.
so i said ya sure and traded it to Huntard and waited , waited , waited then tried to pm Huntard who had gone to DND then Scorpice who was afk so hmm ya thats about it but i have heard all sorts of stories this person has told others that ask like Daer and Arkxixi..

i have contacted Scorpice's clan and do belive it is not Huntards toon nore knew anything about all this so Huntard not only scams but also involved in vertual identity theft too lol tooo too low life to even belive lol

so anyhow ya its not about the bow or the gold as many of you that know me know i woulda almost gave the bow to someone needing it if they honestly needed help, its about the principal of the thing and about wether we want people like this here and thinking that they can behave like that with no consequences... its all up to us to keep Nod a great community and let stuff be known about other players around us.

Glitchless add a bad player sticky or if that would get spammed maybe a bad player sticky that you add names to after reviewing the given info would be great

thanks all for reading ... have fun and play nice, but not too nice k ;P

ohhh also i have some screenies im adding in a bit too

ttt
Old 02-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Default ttt

bump cause if we dont stay on top of this theiving scamming scum it will spread into a fungus
btw here are some of the screenies...

Last edited by Sexykills; 02-26-2012 at 04:38 AM..

Old 02-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
Bren_nerb
Gem Pouch Expert

First of all.. this idiot is calling you a racist bitch.. now this is ignorant because a) you didn't say he was a theif because he is black and b) because for all this idiot knows, you are black.

Secondly .. This is why I am frightened to have people make me things outside my clan. This is why i posted for help with my gem on the forum. Lucky me, my friend Daer who I trust contacted me and made my gem. But it is so easy for *******s like this person to be stealing **** off people. He should be banned asap.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Huggles
Epic Scholar

Lynch him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Seems to me that Jewal gave away an item without receiving payment first. The whole purpose of selling on AH is so that everything is automated with no risk of scamming. Had you simply changed the price on AH instead of trusting a complete stranger and giving him an item under the premise that he would simply pay you later, you would not be in this situation. It is one thing to trust someone you know and talk to on a regular basis. You've done the equivalent to going to a strange area of town and asking some random person to hold on to your car keys while you run into the store.

ttt
Old 02-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Default ttt

Roo..."in this situation"lol what situation is that exactly ? losing a 100k bow lol like i could care less about 100k , thats not really the point. this isnt a ohhh poor me thread its an awarness thread. but ya it would be nice if we could trust one another here.
how exactly do you get things crafted Roo? do you tell the crafter he has to buy all your mats from you off the AH to make your item then you will buy the item from him off the AH lol i think not TRUST is there playing a part right ?
so way i see it we all have to trust others alot in the game so why just let the offenders continue to grow and spread into fungus bringing all there lil' scamming buddies to the game, next thing you know it will be a game full of Driives and you know all about your buddy Driive right Roo, seems you allowed him alot more then just a lil trust and how did that work out for you?

anyhow...there ya go again completly missing the point for the sake of having a reason to troll me lol gratz ;P

Old 02-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

The hell are you talking about? I was the reason Driive got banned, woman! Get your head out of your ass and talk sense! Aside from that, I never trusted Driive. I wasn't dumb enough to give him my passwords, nor was I foolish enough to give him items in advance with the expectation that I'd ever see anything in return. The AH is there for player security and to simplify the process. If you're too stupid to use it, maybe you shouldn't be selling things! Oh, and just fyi, I'm not trolling. Trolling would be taking the thread off topic and insulting you in ways that are irrelevant. This is a 100% valid point. If you don't know somebody, don't give them your trust. Didn't your mommy ever tell you that strangers are dangerous? Get a clue.

Just FYI...
Definition of Troll

Last edited by Roo; 02-26-2012 at 05:31 PM..

Old 02-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
Bren_nerb
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by raperoo View Post
Seems to me that Jewal gave away an item without receiving payment first. The whole purpose of selling on AH is so that everything is automated with no risk of scamming. Had you simply changed the price on AH instead of trusting a complete stranger and giving him an item under the premise that he would simply pay you later, you would not be in this situation. It is one thing to trust someone you know and talk to on a regular basis. You've done the equivalent to going to a strange area of town and asking some random person to hold on to your car keys while you run into the store.
Shouldn't have to use the ah,that's why there is a trade option -_-' People who steal **** in trade shouldn't be allowed to play, it's just as bad as stealing someone's consumable you are meant to make and then selling it on ah yourself.
Kind of wrecks the game. Anywho if everything has to go through ah to be protected then trade has no function and someone should get rid of it ..

Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx View Post
While rather naive of xulos to give an item and expect to be paid later without taking some sort of collateral, this does not excuse the actions of the scammer.
Agreed, but you still have to be an idiot to trust someone like that.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #10
sloppyshot
Crab Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren_nerb View Post
Shouldn't have to use the ah,that's why there is a trade option -_-' People who steal **** in trade shouldn't be allowed to play, it's just as bad as stealing someone's consumable you are meant to make and then selling it on ah yourself.
Kind of wrecks the game. Anywho if everything has to go through ah to be protected then trade has no function and someone should get rid of it ..
Agreed i mean its one thing to trust some 1 but its another to give some 1 the benefit of the doubt anyways none of this matters any more whats done is done we cant change it only aware others of it.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
Jackhandey
Rat Slayer

Thanks for the awareness post, Sexy.

Roo, good point in posting a link to define trolling that confirmed she was using it correctly. You were inflamitory and your comment successfully derailed the topic. Just like the definition says! Although I think we can agree that net-speak like "troll" doesn't really have a definition anyway. A word gets used to describe something by someone, other people like the way it is used, and start using it that way too. Soon others are using it in sort of the same way, but over time the use and meaning evolves. I think in nod it's more of a general term used to mean 1) noun, someone who is a complete douche bag and 2) verb, the act of douchebaggery.

Nice trolling, troll.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Arttemis
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhandey View Post
I think in nod it's more of a general term used to mean 1) noun, someone who is a complete douche bag and 2) verb, the act of douchebaggery.

Nice trolling, troll.

Is this your definition for troll or Raperoo? Either way both accurate

<3 roo

Old 02-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #13
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

I wasn't taking chat off topic. I was pointing out that it's her own fault.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
Sanlucifer
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanlucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raperoo View Post
I wasn't taking chat off topic. I was pointing out that it's her own fault.
Cpt Obvious, everyone knows that. She doesnt care about the bow or the gold or her lost. She only cares about the community to dont trust in such a person or help her.

Because if you think about without trust there wouldnt even be crafters in the game, everything would be just boring and zero dynamic.

There is always a first (involves a risk) but from that one you can always avoid the next.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
Incredible
Rat Slayer

Thanks for the heads up about this shady character... but lesson learned Jewal don't put all your eggs in one basket else you might end up with no cakes

ttt
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #16
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Default ttt

thanks for the great support most of you, yep just wanted to make everyone aware