Go Back   Nodiatis Forums > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions
Forgot?

Old 09-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #21
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

well i guess not much point to arena now, i do see that those that already got the max tempers the easy way are fine with the new rule as would i if i had all my final gear already tempered max but i see this as another of the past exaples of everyone whose on top hurry and take advantage so we can shaft all the rest with a change. jmo

as for titles lol who cares they are kinda lame anyhow.

reducing the gains however i have to once again question because not only does the above change make getting max tempers pretty much impossible already this pretty much seals the deal on ever getting them, i'm thinking far too much of the feedback Glitchless listens to is from those that have already gotten there final suits all max tempered already but ya i find this to be pretty unfair to all those trying to climb the ladder behind them..

not the first time we have seen this where a bunch of "select elite" players get the ez upper hand then things are all changed making things impossible for those who fallow ... arena is dead to me i guess seems to fit right into nod now though i suppose , guess i jus need to take much longer vacations from nod /rant

agree some
Old 09-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #22
oderman
Gem Pouch Expert

Default agree some

What if a % of tokens can be carried over from arena to arena. The more you have, the less % get carried over. The less tokens you have in total will give you a higher % to carry over. It can also be mediated by a skill.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
flipynifty
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

buff arena!

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 09-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #24
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

also are there any plans to strip the players with the high tempers that they got having never achived even close to the needed ratings ?
or will it jus be left like so many of the past times where players got to use a game flaw for there benifit and then get it changed for everyone else?
would be nice if we could keep things fair and standardised.

tbh i think most felt arena was just fine, i dont know why changes are made to things that i see nobody complaining about but ya i suppose it was brought on by some top team crying and whining that they gat beat outta first place again or something, but at this rate might as well just require that anyone that wantst to gain anything in arena needs to be Q'ed 24/7 but i guess thats not too hard for the sharers so no biggie .

Last edited by Sexykills; 09-28-2013 at 06:24 PM..

Old 10-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #25
Davross
The Eldest Pilgrim

Got to say I was happy when the temper restrictions were removed from arena. I have never really had an interest in the pvp aspect of the game and prob never will. I doubt it would be something I would even try to do. I would like the bonus hitpoints from the tempers though, it would be helpful farming the really high areas. Removing the restrictions from the tempers would have allowed me to just queue up, get killed a lot, but eventually give me enough tokens to temper my gear. Im pretty sure I wouldnt even make top 10, but with many things in NOD, if you work hard enough at it, you can pretty much achieve it. With the changes made to the arena though, I can can cross that off my list now. Dont get me wrong please, Im not complaining, Im just saying that I dont feel it is something worth me doing now.

[

Old 10-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #26
Oneangel
Rare Collector

I do think that something should be kept in reserve for those who really work hard at pvp but the no lvl restrictions at the end of the season did allow a lot of people, who otherwise would struggle, to catch the established top pvp players and has made arena much more competitive. If there was still a "down week" where anyone could temper up to 6 x no matter the lvl restriction and for 7 and 8 x tempers you must finish either above a certain rating or certain position eg. top 20 up to 7 x, top 5 up to 8 x, then i think there would still be reward for those that put the effort into pvp but not so severely limit either non pvp players or newer players hoping to catch up. This is probably far too complicated to actually do, but is just my thoughts on what might be best for the game.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 10-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #27
Master
Boss Hunter

What davross said is exactly why there is not as much activity in arena and why I sit snaking on food and drinking beer waiting for the gong... Essentially you are making me far glitch! Jp.. But thanks for possibly changing it if needed at the end..... Also let me point out that as the current restrictions are, no one would be able to temper x8 last season at all

Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #28
Glitchless
Administrator

We have no intention of having the change lock people, especially not the top 10 or so teams, out of ever getting access to the max temper again, and will take steps accordingly. Keep in mind, the changes were made in response to player concerns that arena had lost value being too easy to get max temper without ever climbing ranks, against which there was little dissent.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #29
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless View Post
We have no intention of having the change lock people, especially not the top 10 or so teams, out of ever getting access to the max temper again, and will take steps accordingly. Keep in mind, the changes were made in response to player concerns that arena had lost value being too easy to get max temper without ever climbing ranks, against which there was little dissent.
thanks for at least being aware of the peoples opinions and keeping an eye on it and open to adjustment Glitch.

and as for there being little dissent/opinion voiced about it is because as much as i tell people i constantly see complaining in clan/pm/and civil that they have to voice it in forums to be heard it just seems very few ever bother to take part in forums so it ends up that just a very few control the changes for the masses which isnt always a good outcome.

i dont know any fix to this issue of peeps screaming to be heard in chats but never comeing to post in forums but i wish there was one and i know its just too much for you to see everything in chats too. one possibility although kinda a pita for you might be to for you to ask opinion on considered changes etc right in civil chat a few times throughout a day or two or a messege like beast message saying "attention: proposed game changes pending see forums"
i know it should be players responsibility to pay attention and post feedback but seems sometimes (all times) this community needs to be taken by the hand and led..... seems alot cant orginise a single thought into an action without you telling them to so it sure couldnt hurt if you could do some sort of announcments if nothing else it may make forums more active like they once were.

sorry i tend to babble so i extreamly thank you all for taking the time to stumble through reading them

Old 10-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #30
>.>
Auction Master

The fact that the vocal few that asked for this change had already abused it to their liking and don't even play much if at all atm

Old 10-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #31
Glitchless
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post
The fact that the vocal few that asked for this change had already abused it to their liking and don't even play much if at all atm
It's an unfortunate reality that it is very difficult to listen to those who are not vocal.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #32
>.>
Auction Master

Well from what I have heard around the game, people do not generally use the forums because they do not see the point or because there are too many trolls for their liking. They also do not need an account to view the patch notes so simply viewing it is enough for them.

It does seem that when you do a poll though a lot of people have a turn out. Perhaps before doing a change like this you could put it to a poll of the community for like 3 days or something then close it and see the responses.

EDIT: I am not saying run every single update by us but maybe something that you saw a few people complaining about to see if it is actually a widespread issue or just whiners whining

Last edited by >.>; 10-02-2013 at 12:24 AM..

Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #33
Moordenaar
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.> View Post
or just whiners whining
Whiners gonna whine.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #34
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

I think rogue means me

I can't find the post, but I KNOW i said "I would abuse the no restriction 8x when it first came out" And I have definitely said it in chat too. Here I am, with 3 pieces of 8x gear that I totally don't deserve honestly.

But even my abuse was literally like 3-5 weeks of playing. If I had the time or determination I coulda probably 8x 2 suits.

The point is, (and no offense) that patch was just bad. No average joe should be able to 8x just because he has more time to grind. There have been much better suggested ideas such as tempering only 1 level above ur rating at the end of season. That is both fair and reasonable.

Last edited by terrorbladestorm; 10-04-2013 at 12:32 PM..

Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #35
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorbladestorm View Post
I think rogue means me

I can't find the post, but I KNOW i said "I would abuse the no restriction 8x when it first came out" And I have definitely said it in chat too. Here I am, with 3 pieces of 8x gear that I totally don't deserve honestly.

But even my abuse was literally like 3-5 weeks of playing. If I had the time or determination I coulda probably 8x 2 suits.

The point is, (and no offense) that patch was just bad. No average joe should be able to 8x just because he has more time to grind. There have been much better suggested ideas such as tempering only 1 level above ur rating at the end of season. That is both fair and reasonable.
and making it moreso that those that play 24/7 are the only possible way for others to get them now fixes that how exactly? o.0

and how is the change fair to those that didnt take advantage over those that did? jus courious.

the way i am seeing it is that last season there was alot of interest in arena alot of activity many players putting in more time playing and being active, now since this patch announcment all i see in clan chats/civil chats is dissapointment and loss of arena interest which is very evident in the Q as well.

so seems old way of up to 8x tempers = more players in Q , more activity, players spending more time on game for a goal that imo still takes considerable commitment to achive.

new way=less players in Q, less activity, players spending less time on game for a goal that jus seems an impossible waste of time as even 24/7 players will find it as near impossible as pilgramages so only a select few will bother just like pilgram.

so choice seems to me give the majority a acheivable goal and have more players playing or make it near as impossible as possible and have the same probly 5 teams be the only ones commiting true time and effort to arena while everyone else just comes on uses there rrt and done(using arena only for temp team to get farm bonus. seems a pretty easy choice to me as to what would be most benificial to nod . but ya *shrugs* whatever jus my opinion.

Last edited by Sexykills; 10-06-2013 at 09:06 PM..

Old 10-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #36
terrorbladestorm
Rare Collector

It is definitely not fair. Like I said I don't deserve those tempers.

However, those who show up make the decisions. Similarly, those who were online when the exploit was possible, exploited it.

Such is life, I def admit to afk arening just to get tokens. But before I did the afk stuff, I emailed glitch and posted here about how ppl can exploit that. He didn't do anything, thus it is a safe expoit, like many other exploits in this game

Old 10-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #37
Sexykills
Seer's BFF

sorry hun wasnt meaning to single you out if thats how you interpeted it
you earned then by the rules far as i see , main point was jus that it took enough time and effort to achive them that way but players were intereseted and played more activly an aggressivly an now it seems to just be back to arena for bonus an same few 2-3 teams to fight over an over .

Old 10-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #38
Conqueror
Rare Collector

I would like to have the ability to be able to temper without restriction at the end of the arena season. I was quite disappointed when I discovered that this was no longer possible.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #39
Davross
The Eldest Pilgrim

I agree with SexyKills, it made arena something worth trying to achieve. Its not like someone can just go in there and exploit it and get X8 tempers. You still need to invest a great deal of time to get those tokens. You need to spend a fortune to temper the gear. It doesn't affect those that get off on the pvp thing, but enables others (if they really want it) to get those extra HPs allowing them into higher areas in the game.

And Terror, you did earn those tempers and spent your gold on them. Please stop apologising for something you worked for and did within the rules of the game.

[

Old 10-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #40
jadedsoul
Boss Hunter

Speaking as an average pvp toon(s) the removal of rating requirement allowed me to get some bigger tempers which in turn allowed me to move father into the pvm part of the game. With the rating requirement back in place im afraid I will be stuck in my store purchased lvl 1 LG equipment becase to uptier or morph at this point would give up so much life the gain from gear would be offset. So im afraid if the rules stay as is I will be stuck in my current gear forever.....just my humble take on it thanks for listening.